I am no Terrorist, any advice?

hi totallylost
Concerning travelling abroad, there is absolutely no problem doing so. I’ve been to Europe for 4 weeks, came back without a single question asked. I also recently travelled to the Caribbean by air through Miami international airport for a week, no question asked upon my return.Please; let no body scare you if you really want to travel abroad. There are a number of people on this forum that have inquired either through their congressman/senators from USCIS including myself, we all have the same response, you can travel and re enter provided you have a valid RTD. I still have my letter with me. Keep in mind, when you call someone at the 1800 number, they might have very limited information and most often than not, if they can't see the answer to your question on their screen, they will probably guess an answer.
Totallylost,
You're totally right and you also hit it right on the spot.

Totallylost, traveling abroad shouldn't be a problem. Stay assured.

Cortaidus, you're gonna get your approval immediately after you get your biometrics done. Also, everyone should get their approvals soon. Stay patient.

Totallylost, traveling abroad shouldn't be a problem. Stay assured.

Cortaidus, you're gonna get your approval immediately after you get your biometrics done. Also, everyone should get their approvals soon. Stay patient.

I told Cortaidus last week that he would get approved soon but I think he doesn't want to believe me because he still worries.

Cortaidus, I repeat again and again that you are already in the process of getting approved. Start celebrating and enjoy your new LPR status

umm actually i'm just waiting for my i730, will be filing LPR next year.. thanks for such positive boosts my friends however my worry is because of my f1 status. it costs me money to stay in this country unlike you fortunate ones who do not have to maintain status and get to work and don't have to pay for school. in every 2 months i have to borrow 2000 from somewhere and pay my school so i can stay with my spouse.oh and since i am an international student which USCIS thinks is a milking cow, i can't work !! it's getting expensive. sooner i get approved the sooner i can start paying off my debt and maybe live like a human... get some sleep etc etc.. u know.. and thanks again..

also they didn't tell me to call back in 6 months.. wait let me copy paste:
"..... This case is actively processing with an officer you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. However, the officers have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. Please allow extra time for an Officer to review your application..............."

The good thing is they have not asked you to wait for 6 months like mine, so lets keep our figures crossed and hope for the best.

HBA this information is very valuable to me, I was hoping to write to my senator so I may have some thing in official writing just in case if the border inspectors give me hard time on my arrival, I intend to go to Canada to see my son if this I-485 is not resolved , exactly what did you ask your senator to get this as the response.

HBA , samdallas40 and the rest of you guys thank you much for the info I'm mailing my travel document application today and I hope things will come to an end before I leave ,still waiting for human rights and Nezer to shed some light

i haven't heard from nezer or hughes for over 3 weeks.. i think they got chewed by someone to not give out infos.. they're not replying..

cortaidus,I equally wrote to nezer and hughes more than two weeks ago,no response from either of them yet,maybe they are overwhelmed with emails.

HBA this information is very valuable to me, I was hoping to write to my senator so I may have some thing in official writing just in case if the border inspectors give me hard time on my arrival, I intend to go to Canada to see my son if this I-485 is not resolved , exactly what did you ask your senator to get this as the response.

All I did is calling the senator office and ask to do inquiry in my behalf and to forward me any answer they get for USCIS. I have been asking for help for many.

cortaidus,I equally wrote to nezer and hughes more than two weeks ago,no response from either of them yet,maybe they are overwhelmed with emails.

I e-mail Melanie few weeks ago and she got back to me after a week. I did post her e-mail last week here in this forum. She was very positive that change will be coming very soon for all of us. She told me to e-mail her sometime on October if I don’t hear from USCIS. I will make sure to post her e-mail as soon as I hear from her.
Good luck!

DUP from sudan are getting approved

i just found out that six of my friends got their green card and most of them where on hold since 2006. all of the are member of the DUP of sudan. and each of them got a different processing for example, one got a letter asking to detail where did he travel since the granting of asylum and the length of the stay and reason. one was asked when did he stop working with the DUP and the other four, three got their fingerprint notice and when they did it the card came in the mail. the last one they did not send him a fingerprint notice and he is out of the country for over three years because he can't get a travel document, they sent him his green card directly. i'm NDA from sudan and no news for the NDA i talked to some organization and they told me may be by the end of October a large majority of groups are going to be exempted.

the strange thing with my case. i just got a statuse update but it's dated back to 07/26/2010 and when i called they said my case is still on extended review ,my last lud was 03/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Haythem. My case is on hold becuase of DUP and NDA. I got LUD on 7/17/2010, but nothing else. I will try to contact the congressman office to get an update. Was anyone of your friends a member of NDA as well as DUP?

I can not believe it. I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Asylum approved 1999. I've been waiting for 12 years finaly they send me email this morning that card proudction, it's here. by the way I am sudanese, (Umma party)

I can not believe it. I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Asylum approved 1999. I've been waiting for 12 years finaly they send me email this morning that card proudction, it's here. by the way I am sudanese, (Umma party)

Congratulation! I am glad to hear this news. It is 8AM and just checking for any update. It will give me hope for all day!!!!:cool:

Hi all,
I also have good news. Finally!
I contacted Anwen Hughes after I found out about her on this forum (Thank you for that info).
She got back to me immediately and we had scheduled to meet. She read my asylum case and was so surprised to see that there was nothing that could possibly connect me to any group as I had/have never belonged to any group whatsoever.

She apologized for what happened to me and people like me. She was very gracious. (It was not her fault)
She contacted DHS and they admitted that it was an "error on their part"...can you imagine?! They sent me a Welcome Notice yesterday and said that they'll mail the green card in three weeks time.
11 years after applying for green card, and putting me through all the anxiety, I'll be getting the GC.
I never thought this could happen to me. There is God. Thank you God!

Here is her contact info: HughesA@humanrightsfirst.org. She is with Human Rights First organization. She is based in New York but travels all over the states so please mention where you live, if she happens to be traveling to your state, she might be able to meet with you in person.

She had also checked with USCIS about the possibility of getting them to approve cases like ours retroactively to the date the case was erroneously put on hold for Citizenship, and she said unfortunately it appears there are legal decisions out there that they do not have authority to do this. Who knows, only time determines.

So there is HOPE. Please do not give up. And please post any info regarding the hold, the names of the people that you've contacted, the feedback that you got from them - it's very helpful. The information that I got on this forum helped solve my case. I can't thank you enough. Also the emotional support that I got from this forum can't be measured. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I'll keep you posted and pray for you 'cause I know what you're going through.

And thank you to the Law Offices for Rajiv S. Khanna for creating this Web site.

God Bless!

Congratulations to Miaj, and Asylee1999 and whoever else got approved.

Others, please stay patient. Your approvals are on their way too. Just 3 weeks ago, there were 2000 cases left, I now know of about 25 people who've received Green Cards (including the people on here and in real lives ).

And remember, September isn't even over yet!

Congratulation asylee_99, and "alf mabrook".