I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Things are definitely moving. Cortaidus, I really believe you will get approved by the end of the month. Btw, try calling them and tell them that all cases pertaining to NC that resulted in this 212. nonsense have been approved. They will do something. All you need to do is make sure that someone took a look at your pending cases.

Things are definitely moving. Cortaidus, I really believe you will get approved by the end of the month. Btw, try calling them and tell them that all cases pertaining to NC that resulted in this 212. nonsense have been approved. They will do something. All you need to do is make sure that someone took a look at your pending cases.
The.Walker, that a good Assumption-Based!
Who to call?, USCIS customer representative is useless and helpless. Those so-called Immigration Officers / customer representatives are the worst.
You can catch these morrons attention, because they just don't pay attention and care less. His best bet is to cut his loss on time wasting.

Good luck to all of us.

walker , i got correspondence for my service request from 2 weeks ago. it says an officer is actively look at my case and please give extra time for review thats being done on that case. it does not say hold or anything. but isn't that the same thing , extra review , hold etc? is it a good news or bad news for me?

Hello everyone,
I have a question related to the 212 bar hold and adjustment of status. Basically I'm a derivative asylee obtained asylum through my wife. My wife got her green card four years ago while I got stuck in the hold (funny). Anyway my wife has applied for citizinship this month and I expect her to get it soon. What is going to happen to my status at that time? She will no longer be considered asylee and therefore I will no longer be derivative asylee but I'm still under material support bar? Do I lose my application for adjustment of status based on asylum and have to apply again as a spouse to US citizin? And what about the bar, which should have been applied to my wife and not me but now she is a citizin? Any similar experiences there? I appreciate your help.

walker , i got correspondence for my service request from 2 weeks ago. it says an officer is actively look at my case and please give extra time for review thats being done on that case. it does not say hold or anything. but isn't that the same thing , extra review , hold etc? is it a good news or bad news for me?

Cortaidus,
You will get approved before the end of this year. You can start celebrating. Stop worrying because you are already in the process of being approved.

Hello everyone,
I have a question related to the 212 bar hold and adjustment of status. Basically I'm a derivative asylee obtained asylum through my wife. My wife got her green card four years ago while I got stuck in the hold (funny). Anyway my wife has applied for citizinship this month and I expect her to get it soon. What is going to happen to my status at that time? She will no longer be considered asylee and therefore I will no longer be derivative asylee but I'm still under material support bar? Do I lose my application for adjustment of status based on asylum and have to apply again as a spouse to US citizin? And what about the bar, which should have been applied to my wife and not me but now she is a citizin? Any similar experiences there? I appreciate your help.

That shows you how USCIS is messed up, their is no sense on the bar.

Hi every one now I know that I was so stupid when I hired the Lawyer Carl Karter and his fellow Ayo Sotundo just now it came to my attention that he filed another AOS on my behalf now what a mess I have a pending case and a case on hold what should I do

I just got off the phone with USCIS the officer told me that when the hold is removed its going to be headline news at their web site and till this point the Congress has not made a decision about this .....come on I do not know who to believe any more more over the fake attorney has given me a case number which has nothing to do with me with I do not know how did I get here more over the officer told me if I travel out side the country I will not be able to enter because I'm inadmissible

I had the same letter from USCIS in 2005 and in between and now in 2010 let me type some of it so you may know if you got the same thing.
"We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below."
Is this what you got cortaidus? please let me know, if this is it then they just sent you a standard reply which has nothing to do with any thing but just buying an extra time.

I just got off the phone with USCIS the officer told me that when the hold is removed its going to be headline news at their web site and till this point the Congress has not made a decision about this .....come on I do not know who to believe any more more over the fake attorney has given me a case number which has nothing to do with me with I do not know how did I get here more over the officer told me if I travel out side the country I will not be able to enter because I'm inadmissible

A lot of people have traveled on travel document but technically the officer is right because we are inadmissible, it depends on the officer or the latest circular that could be passed in the USCIS to further actions on 212 a 3 b, my attorney also advices me the same thing that I should not travel, not even to see my son who is a reason for me to live now, with me that immigration officer was through out the time saying you are not getting in, I was harassed and detained, if you don't want to take a chance then I just told you my experience, but again a lot of people have traveled with no problem, I guess it is up to the immigration officer, I may be unlucky with mine.

Don't let these morrons fool yo, the 800 number representative people are not immigration officers, the higher level of customer service are neither, they are all private company handling phone calls, and don't know much about any case, don't know immigration Laws, or how things work, just a bunch of knuckle heads. They have access to a little bit of information, that they read to you through their screen when conducting inquiries. The most and the best that they can do is to place a service request. There has been some new Law, wheither the admit it or not, it hasn't been yet finalized, or it may not be ready at this exact time but when it does most pending cases will be processed. It is very common to be confused and got discouraged with USCIS conflicting information.
Good luck my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your words Deep Trigger today by far was a gloomy day that lady's words were like nails hitting me add to that I'm not getting response from Anwen or Nezer so I have nothing else to do but pray

hecate mine is very similar however it says the case is with an officer and actively being processed. i don't know if that makes any difference. few days ago they also sent me a letter to do my biometrics again. i assume because it has been more than 15 months... actually 15 months counted in july but they send me the letter 2 days after i received the response for my service request. i am hopeful because walker and other comparators got their cases approved lately. what do you think about this please write..

also they didn't tell me to call back in 6 months.. wait let me copy paste:
"..... This case is actively processing with an officer you will be notified as soon as a decision is made. However, the officers have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. Please allow extra time for an Officer to review your application..............."

Hi Guys,

Here what I got from the senator office for my inquiry on my I-485 I am not sure if this a good news or nothing
Our records show that the case referenced above is still pending at the Nebraska Service Center but it appears that this case is on hold because there is evidence in the file that makes the applicant inadmissible under 212(a) (3) (B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which they appear to be subject. Therefore, if the case is worked now, it would have to be denied. Rather then denying this application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security’s discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve these cases.

It should be noted that we have been receiving these exemptions from DHS but it appears that we have not yet received such an exemption for Ms. xxx case to date. However, I did contact a supervisor again regarding this case and the supervisor provided that this case will remain on hold for the present time.

Applicants who were granted Refugee and Asylee status and have I-485 cases on hold because they appear to be inadmissible at this time under 212(a)(2)(B) of the INA are in legal status. Although they do not adjust to Permanent Resident until their I-485 is approved, they do remain in Asylee or Refugee status and are eligible to apply for work permits and travel documents. This also does not affect the applicant’s re-entry into the U.S. if they should travel outside the U.S.

You may share this information with the applicant. You may wish to check on the status of this case in 6 months.

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Thank You,
Immigration Services Officer
Nebraska Service Center
Congressional Unit

[
QUOTE=cortaidus;2229893]hecate mine is very similar however it says the case is with an officer and actively being processed. i don't know if that makes any difference. few days ago they also sent me a letter to do my biometrics again. i assume because it has been more than 15 months... actually 15 months counted in july but they send me the letter 2 days after i received the response for my service request. i am hopeful because walker and other comparators got their cases approved lately. what do you think about this please write..
[/QUOTE]
Background and Security Checks are conducted every 15 months for all applicants, background and security checks if conducted after year 2008, it is no longer necessarily needed to re do it, according to the new system, it will be automatically re-run through the USCIS record review system if they expired after 15 months; the results are instantly available to USCIS. If they are having you redo the Biometrics, that could be a good and possible indicator that your case is ready for adjudication. May it be a case, and good luck.
For your information: Walker is NOT approved yet, but his DAD and Brother.
I still stick to my inquiry-sources, the Law is not finalized yet but is in the point of being finalized. They are working on something, and I think by the end of this yearly the majority of the hold cases will be processed.
Keep us informed.
When is your Biometric scheduled?
Good luck to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi totallylost
Concerning travelling abroad, there is absolutely no problem doing so. I’ve been to Europe for 4 weeks, came back without a single question asked. I also recently travelled to the Caribbean by air through Miami international airport for a week, no question asked upon my return.Please; let no body scare you if you really want to travel abroad. There are a number of people on this forum that have inquired either through their congressman/senators from USCIS including myself, we all have the same response, you can travel and re enter provided you have a valid RTD. I still have my letter with me. Keep in mind, when you call someone at the 1800 number, they might have very limited information and most often than not, if they can't see the answer to your question on their screen, they will probably guess an answer.

totallylost
I just posted my response before reading HBA's response.It is clearly written you can travel and re enter without any problem,I guess because a lot of people have been asking that same question,so don't let anyone tell you other wise.