I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hiii Waiting-1,
I send email to my lawyer about NDA and he replied back "So far the DUP has been exempted, but the NDA has not. They still may exempt the NDA, but not yet.".I think we will wait long time to get our gc.

Hello Justanadfair,
It is strange that the NDA should be listed as tier III while it is no party at all but an umbrella of parties that included DUP and Umma parties among others. The funny thing is that the NDA no longer existed but it is still classified as a tier III organization. My hold was/is due to both DUP and NDA. Let's hope that the DHS has the brains to figur out that NDA is not a party.

Thanks Justandfair for the update. The irony is that every DUP is automatically NDA so what is the point in exempting DUP and not NDA?

Deep Trigger: there is another guy from Egypt who worked with me and he was on asylum he got his green card form 5 year back date too, after approval we have to talk to immigration and make a request as by the rule of thumb asylum are approved 1 year back date, but in extra ordinary case we can fight it, my local service center at that time told me it will be back dated, but so much for receiving my file from Nebraska.
justnjust may be of help since he is making effort in this regard, hope to get some help from him when hopefully he gets approved from back date.
Good luck all

Thanks hecate, that would be good to be backdated retroactively

Any major news yet? No approvals?
What's going on?
Let us keep each others informed.
The process is too slow, and depressive.

Hi Deep Trigger,
Nothing is happening. It seems that after approving a few cases the DHS has gone to the sleeping mode again. I don't think I will ever get this GC.

Hi Deep Trigger,
Nothing is happening. It seems that after approving a few cases the DHS has gone to the sleeping mode again. I don't think I will ever get this GC.

Wainting-1, you will for sure get it one day, we just don't know when, the wait has been too long so far, and we are still waiting outside, we are burned by the sun, wet by the rain, blown by the wind, frozen by the snow, we are still forgotten and abandoned. My hope was in Pr. Obama, but it is really fading away...I have been waiting since 1999; years after years, still nothing... and can't wait anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Here is the new update i just got from Melanie. At a meeting with USCIS last week, they were told that a number of group were in the process of being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemptions. They didn’t say how long it will take to finalize the exemptions authority, but they were told they were hoping to move quickly. They said that they still plan to have half the cases on hold resolved by the end 2010, and all of the case resolved by the end 2011.

Good Luck!

I personally talked to my congressman in person, I asked many question that he wrote down a few weeks ago. His Assistant got back to me this morning and said <<The first groups being considered are in the process of being finalized for adjudication, some will redo fingerprint some will redo medicals, RFE, FRI if ever needed, their files will be forward to the Secretary of Homeland Security office for waivers. Approvals should commence in early October, there has being NO approval so far for 212(a)3(b) according to his office. All these recent approvals slipped through the bar hold erroneously and by mistake. When USCIS was conducting reviews, those got approved by the way.
She insissted that there has being NO approval so far for 212(a)3(b). This is what I was told.

Thanks HBA. Did they mention what those groups are that they are finalizing for exemption?

She told me the party(OLF) I was involved with was on the list, but I am sure about the other party if you e-mail her she will let you know.

I personally talked to my congressman in person, I asked many question that he wrote down a few weeks ago. His Assistant got back to me this morning and said <<The first groups being considered are in the process of being finalized for adjudication, some will redo fingerprint some will redo medicals, RFE, FRI if ever needed, their files will be forward to the Secretary of Homeland Security office for waivers. Approvals should commence in early October, there has being NO approval so far for 212(a)3(b) according to his office. All these recent approvals slipped through the bar hold erroneously and by mistake. When USCIS was conducting reviews, those got approved by the way.
She insissted that there has being NO approval so far for 212(a)3(b). This is what I was told.

Wow this is another twist, I was under the impression that there are about 2000 applicants left, this is really a back breaker for me, so all this time all these people writing about their adjudications were slips, what a limbo, this is such a shame for USCIS.
These guys definitely don't know what they are doing, no wonder why they connected me to the party that had nothing to do with me, our destiny is in the hands of incompetent idiots, who may have a job because of their ethnicity though most of these are high school graduates and our future is in the hands of these illiterates.

USCIS did not tell my congressman which groups cleared, because they don't go by groups based on the information that I received, they go by individual applications and that the confusing part, I asked clarifying questions about GROUPS, I pretty much got it quite well. But was told that USCIS is reviewing individual cases on a case by case basis, not groups, <<DHS is currently exempting individuals, as soon as an individual get exempted or waived and he or she belongs to a specific group, any AOS aplication "ON" or after or futur applicants belonging to the exact same group, AFTER BEING CLEARED, would not be put on hold anymore, because it's no longer necessary, the group has clearance.

Wow this is another twist, I was under the impression that there are about 2000 applicants left, this is really a back breaker for me, so all this time all these people writing about their adjudications were slips, what a limbo, this is such a shame for USCIS.
These guys definitely don't know what they are doing, no wonder why they connected me to the party that had nothing to do with me, our destiny is in the hands of incompetent idiots, who may have a job because of their ethnicity though most of these are high school graduates and our future is in the hands of these illiterates.

hecate.
You hit it right on the spot, incompetent plus there is no transparence on the whole process, mismanagement and bureaucracy, but it is more like incompetence on the leadership level, plus who really cares about immigrants in application for AO. You can't vote now... That's how the whole system is screwed, the foundation of that agency is base on mismanagement and lies.
There is no clear and consistent language in the notices USCIS send in response to a case status inquiry they don't ensure that it is responsive to the customer inquiry could compromise the integrity of THE WHOLE adjudication process, Lies, Incompetence, No Transparence, they have a lot to hide. What kind of federal agency is that. A total disappointment

Thank you hecate, you made me laugh so hard. This is so true but we should prove them wrong and get our GC

How does USCIS decide to put your application on hold?
Is the decision based on
a. The asylum application
b. The answers to some questions on I-485
c. Ethnicity/race
d. The country you are from
e. Adjudicator's mood
g. Other (specify)?

what the F is the right answer? the approvals were just mistakes from USCIS agents? what the hell? and how do we know the congressman/woman who said those were mistakes were right. from what i hear from someone of the postees here some of these congressmen/women were just giving out random answers even without contacting the USCIS.. what the hell is going on .. i got my hopes all high and now i feel broken...

Hi

Hi HBA i would appreciate it if you, give me Melanie's email if you know it.

Hi Guys,

Here is the new update i just got from Melanie. At a meeting with USCIS last week, they were told that a number of group were in the process of being finalized for presentation to the Secretary of Homeland Security for authorization of exemptions. They didn’t say how long it will take to finalize the exemptions authority, but they were told they were hoping to move quickly. They said that they still plan to have half the cases on hold resolved by the end 2010, and all of the case resolved by the end 2011.

Good Luck!

HBA, when did you receive the latest update from Melanie. 6 days ago she told me that cases pertaining to Nepali congresses are being reviewed. She did not say anything about waiting till 2011. what the hell...

"USCIS did not tell my congressman which groups cleared, because they don't go by groups based on the information that I received, they go by individual applications and that the confusing part, I asked clarifying questions about GROUPS, I pretty much got it quite well. But was told that USCIS is reviewing individual cases on a case by case basis, not groups"
with due all respect i choose to be differ sir. The whole tier III is based on political groups. it's not somethign made in this message forum but is confirmed by various entities including other senators and human right groups. I don't think your senator did an actual inquiry, or even if did received the accurate answer. One does not have to go futher to contradict your message, just read the previous posts on the same thread you're on. there are tens of people who have received approvals after being placed on 212.a 3. b hold.