I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Dear The Walker , we really need your spirit on this , we need to stay focused and nothing short of R.I.P (Indefinite Holds) , it might be short , it might be long but it won't be longer than 12 years ( some people been on hold for 12 years) but lets gear up and dig for as long as it takes with whatever outcome and believe me the truth is always true and the right is always right .

I agree the spirit of The.Walker is something we all should embrace. We are not quiting leaving another alone.
Think about that how you feel when you are on hold. This is why class action is necessary. I am reading in
google groups that people started to participate and the messages are circulating across the communities.
I hope we will gather enough people to let our voices be heard. Remember, asylees know by nature to fight
for their rights. If you don't speak up or fight for your rights, you are not a true asylee. You have faked it.

So lets stand together!! Lets get going. Don't double think-- nothing will happen unless you act. Your share of
responsibilities to fight this case is to "inform other people". That is the key. We will reach and gather every single one
who are the victims of this hold. We will make one single unit and go to the court. One law champinion suggested me to get together and go to the senator's office so that they will act. For now, I can consider that as an option but still we can't be hopeful when we will be freed.

We will make everyone known about this oppression by the Freest country of the world. Those who oppress should be prepared to show their reasons why 7000 people's reputation is at stake. It is not just not about giving us greencards. It is about false accusation tag--calling us terrorists. How dare anyone call the brightest and heartiest peoople on earth call terrorists? One day ago you screened us because you had doubts. You granted the person saying "you were
the victims of the rebels because the rebels extorted money from you" and today you say "you provided material support". Do you smoke marijuana everyday or what? How dare you make such conclusions. You are mistaken. You are wrong.

Guys, please try to reach every single members you know. Call them. Contact Civil liberties groups and get
recommended letters. Get recommendation letters frm your organizations or employers.

I will keep informing you if there are new developments. Finally, have faith and be confident. 7000 can't be wrong.

guys,
what I read here is very encouraging and powerfull; I'd consider my self one of the veterans of this nonesense "hold" since 1999. but my humble opinion is if we want something done in aquick and "fashion" manner, MEDIA has to be involved and I mean HEAVY Weight media. you all know as I know that the power of the media way superceeds those of the best lawyers on earth, and it's FREE. if we can get their attention- I don't know how but I am open for suggestions I am sure we have here the brightest pple in this forum especialy those around DC. I myself located in an unkown place called Oregon where there is no much going on politicay or economicaly-, trust me things will fly out straight to the President and his suroundings. As much as I agree with the Lawsuit and I'm all for it, I stronlgy believe that involving the media will get other pple(not only us the 6000+ on hold) by our sides; then we wil see the ball start rolling. Again this is just my humble opinion, not intended to discourage anybody.

elbou23, we've already tried emailing and writing to several media agencies, not sure on who else has done it but I've done it for sure. I wrote to the NY times and CNN. No reply.

email from Thomas

In response to my email, this is what I got from the DC lawyer Thomas:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for your message. I will be in touch with you again soon to gather more information and details about your case, and to discuss next steps.

For what it’s worth, you are not alone in your frustration! I’m working on a strategy to compel action on all of these cases.

Best regards,
Thomas

hi, nepaliAsylee,

if all of ur community want to join into group, i think do not need to hestitate. Contact each other and reply to other as soon as possible. We don't have time.

I agree the spirit of The.Walker is something we all should embrace. We are not quiting leaving another alone.
Think about that how you feel when you are on hold. This is why class action is necessary. I am reading in
google groups that people started to participate and the messages are circulating across the communities.
I hope we will gather enough people to let our voices be heard. Remember, asylees know by nature to fight
for their rights. If you don't speak up or fight for your rights, you are not a true asylee. You have faked it.

So lets stand together!! Lets get going. Don't double think-- nothing will happen unless you act. Your share of
responsibilities to fight this case is to "inform other people". That is the key. We will reach and gather every single one
who are the victims of this hold. We will make one single unit and go to the court. One law champinion suggested me to get together and go to the senator's office so that they will act. For now, I can consider that as an option but still we can't be hopeful when we will be freed.

We will make everyone known about this oppression by the Freest country of the world. Those who oppress should be prepared to show their reasons why 7000 people's reputation is at stake. It is not just not about giving us greencards. It is about false accusation tag--calling us terrorists. How dare anyone call the brightest and heartiest peoople on earth call terrorists? One day ago you screened us because you had doubts. You granted the person saying "you were
the victims of the rebels because the rebels extorted money from you" and today you say "you provided material support". Do you smoke marijuana everyday or what? How dare you make such conclusions. You are mistaken. You are wrong.

Guys, please try to reach every single members you know. Call them. Contact Civil liberties groups and get
recommended letters. Get recommendation letters frm your organizations or employers.

I will keep informing you if there are new developments. Finally, have faith and be confident. 7000 can't be wrong.

Dear elbou23 , Media is part of our strategy , when there is a big lawsuit this will bring media attention , Mr. thomas is no stranger to media as he had many article at Washington post , I believe what you said is true but why don't we work on multi-level fashion or many wings ( Lawuit-Media-Senators/Congressmen and Ombudsman) This might be more effective in bringing pressure than either one alone. appreciate your thoughts and please bring more to the table.
guys,
what I read here is very encouraging and powerfull; I'd consider my self one of the veterans of this nonesense "hold" since 1999. but my humble opinion is if we want something done in aquick and "fashion" manner, MEDIA has to be involved and I mean HEAVY Weight media. you all know as I know that the power of the media way superceeds those of the best lawyers on earth, and it's FREE. if we can get their attention- I don't know how but I am open for suggestions I am sure we have here the brightest pple in this forum especialy those around DC. I myself located in an unkown place called Oregon where there is no much going on politicay or economicaly-, trust me things will fly out straight to the President and his suroundings. As much as I agree with the Lawsuit and I'm all for it, I stronlgy believe that involving the media will get other pple(not only us the 6000+ on hold) by our sides; then we wil see the ball start rolling. Again this is just my humble opinion, not intended to discourage anybody.

The information that was posted by Samadals40, dated February 13 is kind old but has a good info in it, nothing has been since that letter.
I like the energy, I think we will achieve something if we all work together, I am all for it. I have been advocating contacting the Media for a long time. I have sent e-mail to CNN and NPR. NPR told me they will research it, has been almost a month. I haven’t heard from CNN since. Let’s come up will a letter that will be sent to Media, let’s say a month from now. We all have different ideas, lets post it here, let everybody view and comment and we will send to media and other human rights groups.

The information that was posted by Samadals40, dated February 13 is kind old but has a good info in it, nothing has been since that letter.
I like the energy, I think we will achieve something if we all work together, I am all for it. I have been advocating contacting the Media for a long time. I have sent e-mail to CNN and NPR. NPR told me they will research it, has been almost a month. I haven’t heard from CNN since. Let’s come up will a letter that will be sent to Media, let’s say a month from now. We all have different ideas, lets post it here, let everybody view and comment and will send to media and other human rights groups

The DC attorney wants everyone to email him at tkragland@duanemorris.com and mention that you want to
join the class action lawsuit regarding 212 hold. We will work on the media part as well. Please dont be
silent. Participate here and give your ideas and suggestions. Lets work together and get over with it.

I also encourage everyone one this forum to join this course, if you read about the DC attorneys' profile, you’d be impressed, it looks to me like he is a pro in dealing with this particular type of cases, guys get on board, let’s not just do this for ourselves but also for those that are still to follow asylum path.

Nepaliasylee, what's the cost that we're looking into?

Also, has anybody tried to find out if the secretary could be tagged on this? If she's gonna ignore the crisis that has affected 7,000 families then we're better off asking for a replacement!

Nepaliasylee, what's the cost that we're looking into?

Also, has anybody tried to find out if the secretary could be tagged on this? If she's gonna ignore the crisis that has affected 7,000 families then we're better off asking for a replacement!

The .Walker my understanding the lawyer is working on a strategy , he will decide the fees once he is done , you can ask him if he is considering Secretary Napolitano. there is a good chance he will include her.

Good stuff. Btw, I hope many in here are sharing this in different platforms such as personal acquaintances, other forums such as Trackitt, humanitarian organizations etc. Also, perhaps human rights organization ( that has run a few articles on this nonsense ) along with Senator Leahy ought to be notified about our massive effort?

Good Work to all of you trying to find a solution to this issue. Now is the time to take action because immigration is at the forefront right now due to the Arizona immigration law. I think we should try to email someone like Rachel Maddow on MSNBC and have the lawyer for the class actyion suit on her show to talk about the issue in more detail. I think she might be of help exposing this issue.What do you guys think?
Thanks

To Yeswecan2010
It’s a good idea to contact Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, while we mobilize for the law suit.

All us should contact our previous lawyers and let them know what we trying to do. As the same tell them to notify their other clients and spread the word to other lawyers as well.

Hello Everybody,
I believe we are getting momentum. Things are turning for the good for all of us. Let's keep the light up and move towards acheiving our goal. I suggest we divide into 2 main groups 1 working on the law suit action by keep us updated about how things are going, and 1 working on the media front by contacting as many news media as they can. I suggest if there is anyone who is good in writting to come up wit a template urging the so and so channel news or talk show to address our issue at the highest level, and create a link for it in this forum to put our names and email it to them. As I said before it is easy to get pple engaged when there is no Money involved. thank you and keep up the good work

Hello Everybody,
I believe we are getting momentum. Things are turning for the good for all of us. Let's keep the light up and move towards acheiving our goal. I suggest we divide into 2 main groups 1 working on the law suit action by keep us updated about how things are going, and 1 working on the media front by contacting as many news media as they can. I suggest if there is anyone who is good in writting to come up wit a template urging the so and so channel news or talk show to address our issue at the highest level, and create a link for it in this forum to put our names and email it to them. As I said before it is easy to get pple engaged when there is no Money involved. thank you and keep up the good work

For those who have been waiting for more than 4 years, should apply for citizenship immediately after they win the class lawsuit.

It's unfair to wait another 4 years after green card approval

Assylum
I suggest that in the law suit we should indicate that everyone has been on hold over 4 year should have the right to apply for Citizenship right away. I will send email to the lawyer tomorrow about this, what you guys think? keep up the good work. thanks :)