I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I think it’s a good idea to indicate to apply for citizenship for those we have been waiting for more than 4 years.

I agree with elbou23 idea in splitting in two, so that we can have resources in both places.

Guys ,
Lets first lift the terrorist tag and recieve the GC , when that is done we can think of applying the processing time towards citizenship , I agree we should organize our efforts, Media contacts- lawyer - and lets not forget to wright to (Obama , senators , DHS secretary and secretary of state)( though not very optimistic about these last parts) , but what else we can do ????? any more thoughts fellows ?? Thank you guys and we will keep our efforts to the max till the hold is over.THERE SHOULD BE NO MORE HOLDS , HOLDS ARE UNJUST AND UNFAIR.

I was optimistic after I saw the congress rep. along with my lawyer. All the credits goes to her. 212 hold is lifted.
NO MORE TERRORIST SUSPECTS. Feels good. I know you guys will get the same letter soon. But don't stop
the move against 6000 holds. I am with you all. Removing 1 hold doesnot remove the pain of 5999 innocent people. So keep acting on it.This is really an inefficiency of USCIS. People who work there are getting paid for not doing any work. These people should be removed from their office. They are really idiots. Read what I got:

Dear Sir or Madam,

RE: Inadvertent letter sent
Form Type: I-485
Applicant: xxxxxx, xxxxxxxx

This acknowledges your correspondence received by this office on March xx,2010.

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case.
However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing
time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter,
please call customer service at the number provided below.

The letter should have stated that this case is under extended review not because it is
inadmissible under section 212(a)(3)(B) of the INA. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have
caused. Your correspondence has been connected to the file. This will be re-reviewed when an officer reviews
the case. Your case is still pending.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. The National Customer Service Center's toll free
is 1 800 375 5283 or you may access the USCIS website at www dot uscis dot gov should you have any further
questions or need additional information.

sincerely,

Director

NSC/LIN/XXX/EX0223

By the way, I also received two letters from USCIS today: 1st letter said your travel document was denied a while back but we have reversed the decision and we are actively processing it, it will take 30 days. 2nd letter said: We revised the decision and we approve the I131. It also says: It is ordered THE TRAVEL DOC SHOULD BE APPROVED.

I hope no one here assumes that I am making fake statements. I am not.

NepaliAsylee, my dad received a similar nonsense and I thought his hold was removed too. But a couple weeks later, when we contacted our local Senator, we received a letter saying that they couldn't do anything because of 212.a.3.b. bullshit.

I really hope your hopes aren't too high.

Also, getting the Travel document approved isn't a big deal at all ( if you think that way, that is ). My dad actually applied for his GC almost a year after he filed for his GC and while he got nothing except for a letter to get his biometrics done in between, his Travel Document was approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good news for NepaliAsylee but i wonder how many of us are victims of similar carelessness by USCIS agents. According to the wording of the letter it clearly states that they made a huge mistake. He shouldn't even have received the letter with 212 hold in the first place, cuz it was not a 212 hold. What a joke. After losing sleep, sanity and worrying for years they are sorry for the inconvinience.
Walker did you dad receive a similar letter? were there any wording such as , "The letter should have stated that this case is under extended review not because it is
inadmissible under section 212(a)(3)(B) of the INA. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have
caused. Your correspondence has been connected to the file."?
Sorry , just trying to understand. It looks like it's more of a screw up by some bad uscis agents than anything else to me.

I stand corrected - My dad didn't receive the "the letter should have stated..." nonsense.

Either way, we need to taken on them including the Secretary of the DHS. She needs to be held liable for all these fkups. Nepaliasylee's case is an evidence of the cheesy manner in which they operate. That was quite a comical fkup if you were to ask me. How can they even screw someone's case like this?

And perhaps we ( Nepalese ) could relate to NepaliAsylee's case. I really don't understand why Nepali Congress Party has been branded as a terrorist organization. FFs they're the ones who're battling the Maoists. Further, I know a ton of people who've received their approvals already and this shows nothing but inconsistency and ridiculousness in their part more than anything else.

I am worried that all the momentum we've been generating about our case might be adversely affected by what happened in New York over the weekend. It turns out, the suspect in the failed terrorist attack is a recently acquired US citizen. I watched senator Lieberman talk this morning on TV, it’s really unfortunate. Even, it doesn’t affect us; it might further push our agenda down the list, just my thoughts?

to samdalas40
do not lose hope sooner or later things will turn for the better I assure you. that is my experience; Well after nearly 12 LONG YEARS of waiting finally I got approved for my GC yesterday. Guys things are moving forward DO NOT Discourage each other keep the momentum, I pray to GOD to help all of you Break that STUPID "HOLD" chain and set you free to enjoy the life as Permanent Resident and US Citizen. We All Deserve it!!!!!!

Guys we must finish what we started, am going to finish it with group or alone, anyone in this forum has Doughty please step a side and DON'T discourage other. WE NOT GOING TO WAIT 12 years to get a GC, period. here what I got yesterday from Senator rep.

"I received a call back from the congressional liaison at the USCIS Nebraska Service
Center regarding the status of your I-485, Application to Register Permanent
Residence or Adjust Status. As you know, your application has been placed on hold
due to an inadmissibility under Section 212(a)(3)(b) of the Immigration and
Nationality Act. The Nebraska Service Center is awaiting direction from Headquarters
as to if an exemption for this admissibility will be provided that will allow for
the adjudication of applications on hold under this provision. At the law currently
stands, your application would be denied; however, USCIS is hoping the policy will
be changed to allow other applications in this hold to be processed.

A supervisor reviewed your file to determine if your application can move forward or
if it is still subject to the inadmissibility and must remain in the hold.
Unfortunately, the supervisor confirmed that it must remain on hold pending
direction from Headquarters. I inquired if you could provide further information to
USCIS or file a waiver of inadmissibility to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the
liaison informed me that the policy must be addressed by Headquarters and that you
would be unable to provide further information or file a waiver.

I am sorry I do not have more favorable information. If you do not receive further
information from USCIS in 90 days, do not hesitate to contact Senator
office to request an update on your application.

Sincerely,"

I knew that "hold" thing is still on, and will not go away unless we do something. Concerning my earlier comment, I am in no way discouraging anyone, if I did, please disregard the post. By the way, has anyone heard from the lawyer in DC,I thought he was going to get to us ASAP after he gets more than 10 plaintiffs, I would assume more than 10 people might have contacted him already from this forum already. Justnjust can you check with him for us?

hi guys ...first time ....applied 485 in 2006 ....;exactly in the same situation with u . DUP from Sudan ....
here is how this thing is serious ....i am married 2 a us citizen ...i finally gave up on this 485 based on assylum ...we applied 3 months ago ....today was my interview ....our marriage had been verified , evrything looks fine ..i am telling myself this is over ....................BUT ,,,,,the officer looks at me and tell me that beacuse i have another pending 485 based on assylum ...he have 2 request that folder ....
my guess is once he knows i am TIER III .....he will flush my application down the toilet ....lol
i am in with u guys for a class action against DHS ...
i am happy for you NepaliAsylee that u r holding had been removed ...but is u r lawyer still on ..
please infrom ....regards

elbou23, I just noticed that your post! Congratulations. Did you use a lawyer? Care to elaborate more on your case?

Samdallas40, your post echoes on what I've been saying. We shouldn't get deluded by one or two of us getting our applications approved. We need to work together for the sake of 7,000 holds.

hi gabralla1972, welcome on board, BTW, did you get a legal advice from a lawyer before trying to do a 485 based on marriage? Did u ever think of withdrawing your old application based on asylum before you filed the marriage one? On another note, you are welcome to join the few in here that are considering a lawsuit with on DC lawyer. We need more plaintiffs as possible.

I have a question If anyone can share their experience will be really appreciated. I've been reading up on this 212 nonsense for a while on this forum. I filed for my 485 back in early 2008 and after my initial fingerprint notice nothing happened. I do not know If my case was ever put on hold or its was just a background check.
So I kept calling 1800 once everything 3-4 months and got the same answer every time that my case is under review.
I also spoke to my attorney and according to them it might take longer based on my country of origin. Today when I checked my email I received an email from USCIS requesting additional evidence which I did not submit with 485 application.
Now does it mean my case was just held for name check/background and not the 212. which should not be to begin with but you can expect anything from them.
And how long does it usually take after submitting additional evidence to get the GC. I will really appreciate your input on this or any advice. Thank you once again and I sincerely hope that all the cases get resolved and justice be done.

to Samdallas40 .............
i consulted 3 different lawyers ....one did get my FOIA request then she refered me to the other one who refered me 2 the last cuase she had filed a lot of writ of mandamus ...i was advised by her to wait a little bit and told me while i am waiting to try based on marriage ...she said that i dont have to withdraw my case unless they ask ....which they didnt at the course of my new I485 /I 30 .....my lawyer said that she dosnt have a good feeling about it though ...and she thaught that i will get back 2 square one ....the officer today told me that he is asking for a file review ,,,and if i dont hear anything in 3 weeks then make an info pass or request to see him again .....
here is some info that i can give u guys that my lawyer collected .....
1-Unlike Tier I and Tier II .... Tier III is framed by the DHS and not the Department of State .
2- She also told me that there is some hope that the new Senator Lahy Immigration Bill can be introduced into the congress ,,and this bill should touch base in this issue ,,,,
3- she said that by me filing a writ of mandamus i can force the DHS to deny my application ....
thats why i think thatt a group work here might give us a chance ....
so lets get to work ,,,,

Elbou23 big congratulations and hope nepali asylee soon to recieve his GC , I appreciate your stand and thats whats expected from good hearted people like you , samdalas I will contact the lawyer , will update you as soon as I get any thing from him , but lets keep in mind this might take longer time than we hope and keeping our resolve is the only way to win this. Gabralla 1976 you never know whats gonna happen so just pray it will go smooth. Coolmint they looked into my file 8 months after submitting my evidence ( placed me on hold in December 2006, evidence recived 04/2006) but processing time now is shorter than in 2006 so lets hope its less than that.