I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hello

Not yet I will email Melanie this weekend and will post the new updates as soon as I hear back from her.

The meeting is on March 20, 2012

The USCIS Terrorist-Related Inadmissibility Grounds (TRIG) Working Group will host its quarterly stakeholder meeting on March 20, 2012 at 1:30 pm (EDT) in the RAIO Training Room at 20 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC.

Thanks to HBA, NOETIC, HECATE, NEPALIASYLUM

Last edited by a moderator:
Lastest info from March 20 meeting

This what I just got:

We met with USCIS yesterday and there have been some modest positive developments. That said, DHS continues to be moving extremely slowly, despite the fact that the U.S. government pledged to UNHCR that they would clear all cases and revisit some of their current legal interpretations (for example, what constitutes “material” support) by the end of 2012. Please note that these are not official notes from the meeting, just what I understood and wrote down during the meeting, the acronyms for groups may not all be correct:

The government’s interagency working group has recommended exemptions for the following groups (this means that these groups now need to be cleared through the DHS Secretary’s office, there is no indication how long this will take):

Pending at DHS since 2011

KLA
FMLN/Arena
DEMLEK
ELF
EPRP
TPLF
NDA

Submitted to DHS between January-March 2012

o OLF

o Iraqi Uprising

o MQM

The interagency working group is considering making recommendations for exemptions for:
Burmese groups: The Awami League, BMP, others
Ethiopian & Eritrean groups: EPLF, COEDF, EDU, EPDM/Amhara National Democratic Movement, EPRDF, ESDL, WSLF, GPLM, KPF, OALF, SLF, UDPLF, possibly others
Bangladeshi groups
SPLA/M

· The following groups are no longer considered Tier III:

o Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dash-Nak) after 1986

o The April 19th Movement (Colombian) – after February 1990

o MLC (Congo) after March 2007

o PCN (a defunct political party from El Salvador) between 1967 and 1979

o National Movement of Iranian Resistance after September 1984

· The interagency group is considering a timeline/tiered exemption for the Forum for Restoration of Democracy in Kenya, the TJP (Pakistan), and the UDPCI (Cote d’Ivore group)

DHS is setting up a website where information about 212a2b cases will be available in one place. They plan to have this live by June, 2012. In the meantime, inquires about cases can be sent to trigquery@uscis.dhs.gov.

· No cases have been denied pursuant to the November 20th Revised Guidance on Hold Policy

We held an event in January in Washington to again highlight the injustices caused by the TRIG bar.

Information about the event:

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/201...rnment-inaction-keeps-refugee-families-apart/

Statement by witness personally affected by the TRIG bar:

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/2012/02/03/dear-dhs-my-husband-is-not-a-terrorist—can-he-come-home/

Statement by representative of the Southern Baptist Convention Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission:

http://erlc.com/article/the-trouble-with-trig/

I will try to respond to your emails as quickly as I can, but please be patient. Our next meeting with DHS is on June 5. Again, I am sorry you are all going through this, I hope you will all have green cards and be reunited with family very soon.

Best wishes,

Melanie

Hello

Perhaps something interesting can come out from this meeting. I know that it was mention by Melanie that they have a meeting coming up on June 5.

Let’s get this forum back on!

Asylum Division Quarterly Stakeholder Meeting

The USCIS Asylum Division will host their quarterly stakeholder meeting on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 2:00 pm (Eastern) in the White Oak Conference Room at 20 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC. The purpose of this engagement is for individual participants to ask questions and raise issues regarding asylum operations.

To Submit Agenda Items
If you would like to submit agenda items and questions you must RSVP via email and attach a Word document or PDF with suggested items. Please reference “Asylum Quarterly Agenda Item” in the subject line. All submissions should be received by the Office of Public Engagement by COB Friday, April 13, 2012.

It looks like it is 2 meetings, April 24th and June 5th, let us keep hoping, even though my hope is really fading away.
Thanks HBA, Yes I agree let us keep this forum alive, that the main liaison that we have in common]

It looks like it is 2 meetings, April 24th and June 5th, let us keep hoping, even though my hope is really fading away.
Thanks HBA, Yes I agree let us keep this forum alive, that the main liaison that we have in common]

USCIS Office of Public Engagement: Asylum Quarterly Stakeholder Engagement Postponed
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services sent this bulletin at 04/12/2012 03:23 PM EDT
Dear Stakeholders,

We regret to inform you that the Asylum Division Quarterly Stakeholder Engagement scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2012 is being postponed until Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 2:30 pm (Eastern). We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have already registered for the April 24th engagement, you do not need to re-register. You will automatically be provided with the updated information. Thank you for your continuing support of USCIS engagements. Please see attached invitation for more information.

Kind Regards,

Office of Public Engagement
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Hecate,
Good piece of information, thanks for letting us know.
You are still hanging in there? Do that buddy..., Our ordeal may soon be over?
Keep in touch.

What else is out there as other option

Hecate,
Good piece of information, thanks for letting us know.
You are still hanging in there? Do that buddy..., Our ordeal may soon be over?
Keep in touch.

Hope you are right and hope God listens to your good wishes and soon we will all be free as every human should be by his/her birth rights.
Even though I regret requesting asylum in the USA every day but the pusinhment for this mistake seems to be never ending, it has been 19 years since I applied for asylum against the human rights issues that we all have faced in the past but unfortunately we are facing the same in the present.
Its always nice to hear from you, with no options hold your self with patience and keep on praying.

Well said, well put together, good advice, excellent philosophy: let us hold ourselves and be more patient.
Keep in touch.
Thanks Hecate.

[ I personally didn't hear any new development, besides a stakeholder meeting on TRIG on the first week on June, and the website that was supposed to be put together, just being hopeful that we will all be approved soon, maybe before or just after the Election / who really knows].

[Guys c'mon!, any words yet from Melanie in regards to the June 5 TRIG stakeholder meeting? I emailed her but so far no reply]

Hi

[Guys c'mon!, any words yet from Melanie in regards to the June 5 TRIG stakeholder meeting? I emailed her but so far no reply]

Hi Deep Trigger, I am sure she will get back to you. She needs time to put all the information together before emailing back. I will also email and ask. I will post any information I will get.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Thanks HBA;
Please keep us informed]

Thanks Deep Trigger, HBA and nepalise asylee for keeping this thread alive, I am just here to show my support to all of us who are in the same boat with me, however I do not have any good news either. Melanie will definately answer after she has things put together, as soon as any one of us will hear any thing from her or any other source, I am sure we are all here to post and keep us all informed, so lets wait for any thing positive, however it appears that there may be a possibility to get some thing positive before the elections.
Also remember that Obama before the elections promissed that he will release all the cases on hold in one of his speech and said the USA can always reverse any parmanent residence if there is any thing adverse found after issuing green cards but it is not right to keep them on hold, he has not honored his words and that is so disappointing to me.

[Thanks Hecate, and good information, I must miss that speech of Obama, I was never aware of it. But anyway hopefully we will have relieve soon]