I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hello All,

Any news yet? Anything new happening? Any development?

Noetic, any thing new yet? Have you find any folks of the same party as MQM around? May in this forum besides us?

Thanks,

Usa21

Nothing new for now I will e-mail Melanie after 3/8 to get new update from the meeting. I will share the e-mail with all of you

Have wonderful week! We should keep praying

Free life thank you for all the information you brought in this forum:D

Thanks HBA! Let us all keep our eyes and ears open for any news. Let us all keep on updating each other with everything that is happening and any news we are coming across. Our strength is in True Knowledge that we aquire and how we implement it to solve this Unjust and Illogical problem imposed upon us all by USCIS-DHS.

Thanks HBA! Let us all keep our eyes and ears open for any news. Let us all keep on updating each other with everything that is happening and any news we are coming across. Our strength is in True Knowledge that we aquire and how we implement it to solve this Unjust and Illogical problem imposed upon us all by USCIS-DHS.

free-life,
What country are you from?
How long you have been on the Hold?

Deep Trigger,

I am from Pakistan, have been on hold for well over 5 years now. I recently joined this forum as you all might have noticed, but over the number of year I have acquired quite a bit of knowledge related to this problem, and so I have decided to join here and perhaps we all can help each other out.

How about yourself?

Deep Trigger,

I am from Pakistan, have been on hold for well over 5 years now. I recently joined this forum as you all might have noticed, but over the number of year I have acquired quite a bit of knowledge related to this problem, and so I have decided to join here and perhaps we all can help each other out.

How about yourself?

Thanks for your prompt reply, I sure appreciate it.
Thanks.

Deep Trigger,

How about yourself
?
From Senegal
been on hold since 1999
applied for AOS on march 1999

Deep Trigger,

Hang in there. May God help us all and give us all success with this Unjust, Illogical and Prejudice policies (hold) that has been imposed upon us all and resulted as very painfully and inhumanly detrimental towards thousands of people. This is extremely discriminating from USCIS-DHS, to treat people like ourselves as second class human beings and then on top of that because of ignorance still not being able to implement exemptions on a faster pace (in a timely manner). They should be symbol of doing right thing, support and do what is right and forbid what is wrong as a symbol "an emblem" to other countries with Unjust policies and governments. But unfortunately, they (USCIS-DHS) and the policies of the Unites States Government for almost a decade has now painfully and unjustly been severely and constantly been destroying innocent victims "Refugees and Asylees" lives in this country. It is completely against United Nations Refugee and Asylee protection act that was enacted several decades ago.

May God prevail his justice and let these bureaucratically corrupt policies change as soon as possible so we all can have humanly EQUAL Rights as other citizens in this country. After all, we all have been paying taxes, abiding all the rules and regulations and are part of society as ever other legal citizen in this country for years and years. This injustice system of "Capital Punishment" has to end. Just because some other people have done wrong (for whatever the reason), doesn't allow the Govt along with USCIS-DHS to play with our lives, our family and loved one's lives. This is just insane and utterly wrong.

May God Help us all! May God open the minds and heart of so called people of authority "decision makers" to use there exemption authorities to all of us as soon as possible without any further delays. They have got to do it as soon as possible. Things have got to change for better once and for all.

Hello free-life,
I think you should try to contact Anderson Cooper from CNN. He might be interested in taking this case to the media especially if he finds out that the subject was already in C-Span. The goverment has started to process some cases after they found out that the human right organizations talked about this subject in C-Span.

Hello Folks,

There were some articles and online videos that I was able to find and wanted to share with you all. This is very strong, educational and informative stuff in regards to Refugees and Asylees adjustment of legal status delays in the U.S. It is dated back in December 2010. December 20, 2010 (to be exact).

I am sure some of you might already know of it as it is about 2 months old information and some of you might not know of it. But I think it is a good idea to have this information shared across the board for us to know what is happening. Please go to the following links for CSPAN video "Hudson Institute" (a very strong message to the USCIS- DHS and Obama's Administration), as well as try the other links to the articles related to that. It talks about the stupidity of Material support Bar especially for Tier III cases that have been on hold indefinitely.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) http : // www . c-spanarchives. org/program/USRefu

2) http : // www . hudson. org/index.cfm?fuseaction=hudson_upcoming_events&id=815

3) http : // www . congress. org/news/2010/12/21/laws_to_keep_out_terrorists_also_block_refugees_groups_say

4) http : //www . christianpost. com/news/evangelicals-human-rights-groups-decry-govt-inaction-on-refugees-48146/

5) http : //m . theepochtimes. com/index.php?page=content&id=47799

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We definitely need to spread the word out against these illegal policies that violate basic human rights for victims like ourselves.

There are spaces after each www or m. and before . com's .I wasn't able to have URL in my messages because I haven't had posted 15 messages yet... so pardon me for this inconvenience. make sure that there are no spaces in the above URL's...

Thanks

Hi Assylum,

I guess people have discussed in the past several times on this forum (several months ago that I read some time ago) to go to the media including Anderson Cooper and journalist or news reporters like him to have the Truthful Word Out. And that was due to the extreme attention from several people and Humanitarian / relief groups, CSpan with the help of Hudson Institute was able to get some sort of media attention diverted to this crucial matter, however, (my understanding is) in order of this matter to go any further, it will have to be through those Refugee Protective groups and other important humanitarian organizations across the US to pressure the media toward it like they did successfully with CSpan. Again this media has got some sort of attention of USCIS-DHS along with the Government that they can't sit on this crucial issue, as they have been in the past in ignorance, and therefore they will have to start applying those exemption authorities under 212(d)(3)(B)(i) of INA by getting the approval from Secretary of Homeland securities permission as soon as possible.

For now, since this matter was just publicized only a couple of months ago at CSpan, they will have to get on their act and get this pending material support cases finalized ASAP. Lets us all pray for these exemptions to be taken place in the very near future and for all of us to have the relief that we surely and truly deserve.

Thanks

Hello All,

Please see a letter sent to President Obama on October 8th, 2010 by some humanitarian organizations that are helping people dealing with this broad definition of "Material Support" that has been plaguing our lives for years and years. This was a two page letter signed by several organization leaders and some lawyers. It is very helpful to all of us. It is brief and very informative.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

October 8th, 2010
Dear Mr. President:
We write on behalf of more than 7,200 people who have already passed the
difficult test to prove they are refugees and are living peacefully in the United States. We
also write on behalf of refugees who remain in dangerous situations abroad, who are
eager to be fully put to the test of proving to the Department of Homeland Security and
other U.S. security agencies that they pose no terrorist or security threat to the United
States.
These people, and in many cases their spouses and children, now languish in
limbo largely because of the failure of U.S. agencies to promulgate rules or adopt
procedures that Congress clearly contemplated would be rapidly issued when it passed
reform legislation in 2007. This limbo status causes refugees, asylees and asylum seekers
to remain on “hold” with no ability to prove their non-terrorist status. Others continue to
face endless delays and even the possibility of being deported before procedures have
been implemented that allow them to demonstrate their non-terrorist status. Further, the
children of many refugees may reach the age of 21 during the prolonged separation
caused by the “hold” periods now in effect – a development that could forever split
families and prevent parents and children from living together.
The problems addressed in this letter result from the fact that, in the face of
criticism from leaders ranging across the country’s political and ideological spectrums,
the statutory term “terrorist group” has been for years defined to include anti-terrorist
groups allied with the United States; this includes groups that in some cases even
engaged in combat on behalf of and subject to the direction of the United States.
Likewise, remarkable constructions and unintended consequences of the Real ID and
USA Patriot Acts caused many victims of terrorism to be irrevocably defined as terrorists
themselves.
Noting that this was so, a bipartisan coalition in Congress led by Senators Leahy
and Kyl amended the law in 2007 to authorize the Administration to exempt persons with
no actual connection to terrorism from the broad anti-terrorist provisions in our
immigration laws. As noted, however, the failure of the relevant government agencies to
establish or implement the Leahy-Kyl reforms has continued the very abuses the
legislation was intended to put to an end.
We believe that such needless human tragedy suffered by law-abiding persons
and their families, already victimized by persecution, calls out for your intervention. We
thus ask that you direct the full and rapid implementation of the Leahy-Kyl reforms – an
outcome we believe clearly feasible within the 45-day compliance deadline that we call
on you to establish.
On behalf of the signers of this letter, Jenny Hwang of World Relief will shortly
be in touch with White House staff to answer any questions about this letter and the
issues it raises. She will also work, on all our behalf, towards the convening of a
“summit” meeting of administration officials and NGO leaders to resolve all outstanding
issues that stand in the way of allowing the affected resident refugees from fully proving
their non-terrorist status.
We are committed to the full and rapid implementation of the Leahy-Kyl reforms.
As such, and on grounds of compassion, good policy and the rule of law, we call on you
to implement these reforms as rapidly as possible.
Sincerely,
Gideon Aronoff
President
Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Ann Buwalda
Executive Director
Jubilee Campaign
Galen Carey
Director of Government Affairs
National Association of Evangelicals
Frank Donaghue
CEO
Physicians for Human Rights
Richard T. Foltin, Esq.
Director of National and Legislative Affairs
Office of Government and International Affairs
American Jewish Committee
Joseph Grieboski
Founder and Chairman of the Board
Institute on Religion and Public Policy
Rev. Mark S. Hanson
Presiding Bishop
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Michael Horowitz
Senior Fellow
Hudson Institute
Rev. Michael Kinnamon, Ph.D
General Secretary
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
Dr. Richard Land
President
Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
Elisa Massimino
President/CEO
Human Rights First
Rev. John L. McCullough
Executive Director & CEO
Church World Service
Maria M. Odom
Executive Director
Catholic Legal Immigration Network (CLINIC)
Kathryn Porter
President
Leadership Council for Human Rights
Thomas K. Ragland
Partner
Duane Morris LLP
Catherine Read
Director of Washington Office
Center for Victims of Torture
Samuel Rodriguez
President
National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
George Rupp
CEO and President
International Rescue Committee
Rabbi David Saperstein
Director
Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori
Presiding Bishop
The Episcopal Church
Nina Shea
Director, Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom
Commissioner, U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
Ronald J. Sider
President
Evangelicals for Social Action
Geoff Tunnicliffe
CEO
World Evangelical Alliance
John Wester
Bishop of Salt Lake City, UT
Chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Committee on Migration
Jim Winkler
General Secretary
United Methodist Board of Church and Society
Sam Wolgemuth
President and CEO
World Relief
Wendy Wright
President
Concerned Women for America
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also for those of you who might have had issues with accessing the links that I have send in the past for the video and news articles related to material support issued published back in December 2010, Please see the link below. These links should directly work this time around....

If any of this information is helpful for anyone of you, Please remember me in your prayers as well. I am just trying to spread the Truth out to all and educate all of us on this crucial matter as much as possible.

Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.congress.org/news/2010/12/21/laws_to_keep_out_terrorists_also_block_refugees_groups_say

http://m.theepochtimes.com/index.php?page=content&id=47799

http://www.christianpost.com/news/e...groups-decry-govt-inaction-on-refugees-48146/

http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=hudson_upcoming_events&id=815

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/USRefu

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks to all who have been reading my writings and following this matter closely..

May God help, protect and bless us all!

Free Life

Hello All,

Happy March 2011 to all. Let us hope that this month really and truly brings happiness and success to all of us in a form of relief to this painful, prejudice and biased system of "Material Support" that has been destroying our lives for years and years. Let us hope that USCIS-DHS truly implements a genuine procedure to start implementing all the Exemption powers given to the secretary of Homeland security with the consultation of DOJ and State Dept respective representatives. Let us also hope and pray that USCIS-DHS not only implement the exemptions on a dramatically faster pace to all at least all so called "TIER III" groups but also process individual's pending AOS applications as well as Pending "Refugees and Asylum seeker applications" applications procedure completed as soon as possible.

Please keep your ears and eyes open for any news or any new information related to this crucial matter and also, please do not forget to share that information with others on this forum. We all need each others support.

Thanks,

May God grant us Success on this matter and provide us with Immediate Relief as soon as possible! (Amen)

Free-Life

I am not a terrorist either... PLEASE ANY ADVICE!!

Hi all!
my parents, myself and my brother were granted political asylum in 1999, in 2000 they applied for i485 for themselves and my brother. long story short the case is still pending. country of origin is Iran! :'( we arrived to us on 9/11/1991 :(tears! uscis head manager in newark nj told me that might be a Red Flag. the most latest news from uscis recd on 8/2010 ?212(a)(3)(B) DHS! I understand the fact that im from one of the worst countries ever, however if they grant one political asylum how much more investigation do they need after 20 yrs. Iorny of it all is that my mother works at newark airport! i don't understand this system at all! my father and brother applied for EAD i765 paid, recd recipt numbe, and never recd the card. instead I765 on both were administrivetly closed! so my father lost his job because there is no ead and irs sais he was working illeagly so now he ows them money for taxes though he was paying taxes all along! From what i understand asylees do not require and EAD to work. all that aside, i trust no attorney at this point. i have been working legally since i was 17yrs old, had a scholarship and it was all taken away because of this mess. so i started doing some research and found out about the i-94 (which i knew nothing about, my attorney which was recommended by uscis didn't mention a word about it):mad: anyway no one believes how i recieved it my I94 (long story). uscis had sent a letter to my mother stating the i94s were mailed to our attorney. well he never gave it to us and he moved. i applied for an i102 for my kid bro in Feb 2011 to see what happens. my father and brother have no types of id because everything is pending. any advice at all would so greatly be appreciated!!!
p.s. I am new to this sight and this is my first post. I do apologize for the sloppines of my post.

I talked to my attorney and he said the problem lies with something called the 'Material Support Working Group' in USCIS. He said the working group promised to give everyone either approvals or denials by the end of 2011 but they are working very slowly. We must call DHS and call our representatives and make this group do their job and give us what was promised!

[
QUOTE=lily1;2275305]Hi all!
my parents, myself and my brother were granted political asylum in 1999, in 2000 they applied for i485 for themselves and my brother. long story short the case is still pending. country of origin is Iran! :'( we arrived to us on 9/11/1991 :(tears! uscis head manager in newark nj told me that might be a Red Flag. the most latest news from uscis recd on 8/2010 ?212(a)(3)(B) DHS! I understand the fact that im from one of the worst countries ever, however if they grant one political asylum how much more investigation do they need after 20 yrs. Iorny of it all is that my mother works at newark airport! i don't understand this system at all! my father and brother applied for EAD i765 paid, recd recipt numbe, and never recd the card. instead I765 on both were administrivetly closed! so my father lost his job because there is no ead and irs sais he was working illeagly so now he ows them money for taxes though he was paying taxes all along! From what i understand asylees do not require and EAD to work. all that aside, i trust no attorney at this point. i have been working legally since i was 17yrs old, had a scholarship and it was all taken away because of this mess. so i started doing some research and found out about the i-94 (which i knew nothing about, my attorney which was recommended by uscis didn't mention a word about it):mad: anyway no one believes how i recieved it my I94 (long story). uscis had sent a letter to my mother stating the i94s were mailed to our attorney. well he never gave it to us and he moved. i applied for an i102 for my kid bro in Feb 2011 to see what happens. my father and brother have no types of id because everything is pending. any advice at all would so greatly be appreciated!!!
p.s. I am new to this sight and this is my first post. I do apologize for the sloppines of my post.

He should re-apply for a work permit for identification purposes, since he is an asylee, he will grented one

I talked to my attorney and he said the problem lies with something called the 'Material Support Working Group' in USCIS. He said the working group promised to give everyone either approvals or denials by the end of 2011 but they are working very slowly. We must call DHS and call our representatives and make this group do their job and give us what was promised!

Your attorney wants to scare you. DHS usually issues approval not denials if they decide to process the cases.

Recent EXEMPTIONS

2 NEW EXEMPTIONS. THIS PROCESS IS TOO SLOW AND INSULTING. THIS SHOWS THAT DHS HAS LITTLE INTENSION TO DEAL WITH THE REAL ISSUES.

February 23, 2011 PM-602-0030
Policy Memorandum
SUBJECT: Implementation of New Discretionary Exemption Under INA Section 212(d)(3)(B)(i) For the Receipt of Military-Type Training Under Duress

February 23, 2011 PM-602-0031
Policy Memorandum
SUBJECT: Implementation of New Discretionary Exemption Under INA Section 212(d)(3)(B)(i) For the Solicitation of Funds or Members under Duress