I am no Terrorist, any advice?

hi all,

I have heard in recent that uscis does not accept any petitation applications for next 2 years. is that correct? If so, i cannot apply I 130 for my husband after i receice my GC. :(:(:(

Hello

Here is the e-mail I got from Melanie today. I did ask about specific group and she got back to me with in half hour “The OLF is one of the groups at the top of the list currently being considered for exemptions. They didn’t give a timeframe for when the exemption would be issued, but they said they’re still aiming for getting all of these cases resolved by the end of 2011."

If you want to know about the status of specific group you can go head and email her with your questions she will get back to you. She is very nice and very helpful. I did e-mail Anwen but she hasn’t got back to me

Keep praying. God is with us.

hi all,

I have heard in recent that uscis does not accept any petitation applications for next 2 years. is that correct? If so, i cannot apply I 130 for my husband after i receice my GC. :(:(:(

It doesn't make any sense, not for family petition, I don't believe that such information is accurate. you must misread or be misinformed.

Hello

Here is the e-mail I got from Melanie today. I did ask about specific group and she got back to me with in half hour “The OLF is one of the groups at the top of the list currently being considered for exemptions. They didn’t give a timeframe for when the exemption would be issued, but they said they’re still aiming for getting all of these cases resolved by the end of 2011."

If you want to know about the status of specific group you can go head and email her with your questions she will get back to you. She is very nice and very helpful. I did e-mail Anwen but she hasn’t got back to me

Keep praying. God is with us.

What is Melanie's email address? If you don't mind passing it along. The party that I am indirectly affiliated with in my case is UPADS and the country is Congo-Brazzaville in Central Africa.
Please help!
Thanks

Alahery,
How long your case has been put on hold?

It's been on hold since September 2010, because that is the time I had received that letter saying that I am hold. As of now, I really do not know why I am hold and what Tier. Pass along info if you know more.

It's been on hold since September 2010, because that is the time I had received that letter saying that I am hold. As of now, I really do not know why I am hold and what Tier. Pass along info if you know more.

Most likely you belong to tier-III. All of us on hold didn't commit NO wrong doing. They can put you on hold for no reason. I applied for AOS since March 1999, still on hold.

I got an email response from Melanie today about traveling abroad while on hold. She told me that they do not advise anyone who is on hold to travel overseas. I am certainly a bit confused, in fact, I did ask on this forum in the past about traveling while on hold and couple of guys have reassured me that is safe to travel and that some have already traveled while on hold. I have already applied for my travel document and have been preparing for my trip to see family members, and I am really puzzled over this traveling issue. Please again help with your thoughts and experiences about this issue. I really do want to see my family but I am really not sure about what to do.
Thanks any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email response from Melanie today about traveling abroad while on hold. She told me that they do not advise anyone who is on hold to travel overseas. I am certainly a bit confused, in fact, I did ask on this forum in the past about traveling while on hold and couple of guys have reassured me that is safe to travel and that some have already traveled while on hold. I have already applied for my travel document and have been preparing for my trip to see family members, and I am really puzzled over this traveling issue. Please again help with your thoughts and experiences about this issue. I really do want to see my family but I am really not sure about what to do.
Thanks any feedback.

Alahery,
I wouldn't advise you either to travel abroad for many reasons.
Wait until you get clearance from the hold, then you could freely travel abroad.
Every one's case is different, many travel while on hold without experiencing any problem at port of entry or jeopardizing their asylum status. But again who knows, that's one of those hard situations, hard to predict, regardless of any other advise you would receive. wait is one of the wisest advise I can give you. Wait... But again the decision is yours.

Good luck.

I had similar situation, not exactly the same but somewhat similar. I was offered job in THIS company and they asked me for GC or EAD to get this job. GC on hold due to 212 like most of us here and EAD was in process and my old EAD already expired. I explained them of my situation and also told them that as per I-9 form, I do have 1. Valid State ID and 2. Un-restricted Social Security Card (without "DHS Authorization") which makes me eligible to work. But THIS comapny did not accept this. I finally found this:

Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices
U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
OSC, NYA 9000
Washington, D.C. 20530
(202) 616-5594
Worker Hotline: 1-800-255-7688
Employer Hotline: 1-800-255-8155
Teletypewriter (TTY) (202) 616-5525 & 1-800-237-2515
Fax: (202) 616-5509
Email: osccrt@usdoj.gov

Called these people and explained them of my situation, they told me that I am legal to work and asked for the employer's information. After 45 minutes got call from HR department of this company and got job. So, when you know you are not illegal, do not worry, fight for your right. They can't fire you for no reason. All the best...

Hi all!
my parents, myself and my brother were granted political asylum in 1999, in 2000 they applied for i485 for themselves and my brother. long story short the case is still pending. country of origin is Iran! :'( we arrived to us on 9/11/1991 :(tears! uscis head manager in newark nj told me that might be a Red Flag. the most latest news from uscis recd on 8/2010 ?212(a)(3)(B) DHS! I understand the fact that im from one of the worst countries ever, however if they grant one political asylum how much more investigation do they need after 20 yrs. Iorny of it all is that my mother works at newark airport! i don't understand this system at all! my father and brother applied for EAD i765 paid, recd recipt numbe, and never recd the card. instead I765 on both were administrivetly closed! so my father lost his job because there is no ead and irs sais he was working illeagly so now he ows them money for taxes though he was paying taxes all along! From what i understand asylees do not require and EAD to work. all that aside, i trust no attorney at this point. i have been working legally since i was 17yrs old, had a scholarship and it was all taken away because of this mess. so i started doing some research and found out about the i-94 (which i knew nothing about, my attorney which was recommended by uscis didn't mention a word about it):mad: anyway no one believes how i recieved it my I94 (long story). uscis had sent a letter to my mother stating the i94s were mailed to our attorney. well he never gave it to us and he moved. i applied for an i102 for my kid bro in Feb 2011 to see what happens. my father and brother have no types of id because everything is pending. any advice at all would so greatly be appreciated!!!
p.s. I am new to this sight and this is my first post. I do apologize for the sloppines of my post.

I had similar situation, not exactly the same but somewhat similar. I was offered job in THIS company and they asked me for GC or EAD to get this job. GC on hold due to 212 like most of us here and EAD was in process and my old EAD already expired. I explained them of my situation and also told them that as per I-9 form, I do have 1. Valid State ID and 2. Un-restricted Social Security Card (without "DHS Authorization") which makes me eligible to work. But THIS comapny did not accept this. I finally found this:

Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices
U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
OSC, NYA 9000
Washington, D.C. 20530
(202) 616-5594
Worker Hotline: 1-800-255-7688
Employer Hotline: 1-800-255-8155
Teletypewriter (TTY) (202) 616-5525 & 1-800-237-2515
Fax: (202) 616-5509
Email: osccrt@usdoj.gov

Called these people and explained them of my situation, they told me that I am legal to work and asked for the employer's information. After 45 minutes got call from HR department of this company and got job. So, when you know you are not illegal, do not worry, fight for your right. They can't fire you for no reason. All the best...

Alahery,
I wouldn't advise you either to travel abroad for many reasons.
Wait until you get clearance from the hold, then you could freely travel abroad.
Every one's case is different, many travel while on hold without experiencing any problem at port of entry or jeopardizing their asylum status. But again who knows, that's one of those hard situations, hard to predict, regardless of any other advise you would receive. wait is one of the wisest advise I can give you. Wait... But again the decision is yours.

Good luck.

Thanks Deep Trigger, I really do appreciate your advice.

Hi Alahery,

Here little advice for you before you travel go to your Senator and ask them to help to get a letter similar to the one below. I got it a few months ago and if I travel will print and bring it with me. It was sent to the Senator from Nebraska. If you need more detail feel free. I hope that will helpful

Applicants who were granted Refugee and Asylee status and have I-485 cases on hold because they appear to be inadmissible at this time under 212(a)(2)(B) of the INA are in legal status. Although they do not adjust to Permanent Resident until their I-485 is approved, they do remain in Asylee or Refugee status and are eligible to apply for work permits and travel documents. This also does not affect the applicant’s re-entry into the U.S. if they should travel outside the U.S.

You may share this information with the applicant. You may wish to check on the status of this case in 6 months.

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Thank You,
Immigration Services Officer
Nebraska Service Center
Congressional Unit

strange email

i just received this email from the INS

Your card was mailed on March 17, 2011 and has not been returned to Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). CIS completed its responsibility in mailing the card to address of record. However, your card may return as undeliverable. You may want to call the number listed above in 45 days to see if it has returned and request that it be mailed again.

but my online status is still on request of evidence received. i was on hold since 2006

Hi Alahery,

Here little advice for you before you travel go to your Senator and ask them to help to get a letter similar to the one below. I got it a few months ago and if I travel will print and bring it with me. It was sent to the Senator from Nebraska. If you need more detail feel free. I hope that will helpful

Applicants who were granted Refugee and Asylee status and have I-485 cases on hold because they appear to be inadmissible at this time under 212(a)(2)(B) of the INA are in legal status. Although they do not adjust to Permanent Resident until their I-485 is approved, they do remain in Asylee or Refugee status and are eligible to apply for work permits and travel documents. This also does not affect the applicant’s re-entry into the U.S. if they should travel outside the U.S.

You may share this information with the applicant. You may wish to check on the status of this case in 6 months.

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Thank You,
Immigration Services Officer
Nebraska Service Center
Congressional Unit

I really do appreciate your help on this.
Did you traveled in past and carried this letter with you, and consequently, did not have any problem? If so, please let me know.
Thanks a lot HBA.