I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center April 2013

Would be a good idea to give them a call thomkip. Would hate for it to be lost in the mail. Always good to follow up.

My biometics is this week. Expect it to be uneventful.

Welcome back musicaa!

I have some GOOD news. I called the ASC center that I am supposed to go do my biometrics and I told the lady there that it has been more than a month since I submitted my application and have not received biometrics. She asked for my A number and then told me to hold on so that she could take a look. She then came back and told me that I was on file and Im scheduled for 3/18 (next week). I told her that we will be on spring break and she said I can come any time and she will print the letter and I can do biometrics any time. So I told her I will be going there tomorrow. It was good to know that and Im glad I called them.

So, if you have not received your biometrics, you can call your ASC/DO and they will check for you. I actually prefer to call the ASC/DO than the 800# because they will always give you a generic answer. Let me know if there are questions.

That's awesome thomkip! I'm glad you called.
I went in today and I was the only person there. In and out in about 10 minutes!

Hi all,

I need to apply by April last week too...glad to be back on this forum. I need to start gathering my paperwork...

Thomkip - a dumb question...where would you find the ASC/DO contact number?

Thanks
Sheeba2877

@ Thomkip how did you find the number for the ASC?

Sheeba and happyness- I actually got it when I went to do biometrics 2 years ago for the I-485. I remember after biometrics that time, there was a very nice lady there that told me that if i had any questions to call them and that was how i got their number. If you guys dont have their number and it has been more that 30 days, just schedule an infopass and go there and tell them that you have a question about your case. They can always look up you case and tell you all the info.

I went there yesterday and did the biometrics.

For all that have done biometrics- Do you find anything online when you check the case status? I know that you can only do this after biometrics for the I-751. When I enter my receipt #, it says that "case cannot be found this time in My Case Status"

Last edited by a moderator:

For all that have done biometrics- Do you find anything online when you check the case status? I know that you can only do this after biometrics for the I-751. When I enter my receipt #, it says that "case cannot be found this time in My Case Status"

Hey Thomkip - I don't find anything online either. And from my experiences before, I don't expect to find anything until the case is approved/RFE or such circumstances ;)

I won't worry much about it. We all know that's how it works.

My friend applied for his renewal the same time like me. Today, he went to the DMV to get his drivers license renewed with the extension letter. DMV refused to renew his drivers license using the extension letter. We are located in Virginia. I am now scared, because mine expires in April.

Hey Thomkip - I don't find anything online either. And from my experiences before, I don't expect to find anything until the case is approved/RFE or such circumstances ;)

I won't worry much about it. We all know that's how it works.

I still have not received my Biometric appt letter
I have called 3 times and they say I should wait
I dont know where to find the phone number for my local USCIS office in hackensack NJ

I still have not received my Biometric appt letter
I have called 3 times and they say I should wait
I dont know where to find the phone number for my local USCIS office in hackensack NJ

If I was you, I would schedule an Infopass at your local ASC and then go ask them about your case and let them know of your situation.

My friend applied for his renewal the same time like me. Today, he went to the DMV to get his drivers license renewed with the extension letter. DMV refused to renew his drivers license using the extension letter. We are located in Virginia. I am now scared, because mine expires in April.

Just schedule an Infopass with your local DO/ASC and take a copy of your NOA for I-751 and they will stamp your passport with the I-551 stamp which will show permanent resident status for another 1 year. Then use that to renew your DL. That is what your friend should do too!

Hi guys... I remember most of you :)... I've just sent my package last week.

Just a word of caution for N-400 (future)

"On form I-485 there is a paragraph that if your application is approved USCIS will forward your information to Selective Service System.

In my case they didn't forward anything even though they approved I-485. So now I have to send copies of GC, I485 and letter with my information explaining what went wrong. I'm sending this to Palatine, IL.

Good job USCIS :(

edit: oh btw... I was 25 yr old when my AOS took place."

edit2: how do you edit your signature?? I did it once...but this was two years ago

edit3: nvm... i had to change bulletin board theme to find Edit Signature button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated

Hey,

I came across this post, I never really visited sites like this but my wife just got her i751 approved from Vermont.

The timeline on the USCIS website is 100% correct it took all of the 8 months. There was no request for more info or anything. Sent in the packet, got the 1 year extention, she went for biometrics, and then wait wait wait.

I did all her paperwork from the start with no legal help. Here is a list of what we supplied:

Copies of my wife, passport and green card.
Opening Statement by myself.
Copy of the title of our home showing joint ownership.
Letter from my life insurance company of the designation that she is the beneficiary of a $$$$ policy.
Two sworn notarized affidavits by friends attesting to our relationship and marriage.
401k showing her as the beneficiary.
Copies of paystub showing that we not only we at the same company but the checks contain our home address.
Various bills in either name to showing residence at our home.
Various pictures throughout our relationship since filing.
Receipt of her purchase of furniture for our home.

Didn't send any tax returns and they didn't question it.

If you have any questions about the timelines or in general feel free to ask.

Hey everyone,

I sent my I-751 package off yesterday - so here we go again, round 2.

Good luck everyone.

Good news guys!! I got my fingerprint done today! I went to my local ASC and took my one year extension letter with me and told them I still had not received my fingerprint notice. They looked up something on the computer and let me do the fingerprints today! Took 5 minutes!

Hey Bro. I filed I751 last year June but just received my notice of card production. Also from Vermont Service Center.
But i applied for my green card without a lawyer and this site helped my out ALOT!! If it wasn't the guys and gals on here, i would've had to shell out extra for a lawyer. Now people i know are asking me for help!! Long live this forum!! Good luck to you!!

Hi All,

This forum helped me a lot while applying my GC through my spouse US citizen. Now I am back after 2 years to apply I-751 GC remove conditions. I hope I can get the same help and support from the people applying the same. I need to apply on April 2013 which will be 90 days prior to my original date. I'll be applying to vermont center. Please joing if anybody applying in the same time frame and lets start step by step process.

Thanks again to this forum and looking forward to get same help and hope it goes smoothly the whole process for everyone.

Let me know what all steps to be taken to apply I-751 form.

Thanks!

immig4us

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have read a lot and it sounds like we can get lots of good information from this site so I wanted to share mine.

I applied for the I-751 with Vermont Center exactly ninety days before the expiration of my 2-years conditional Green Card. I read many posted talking about the expected delay in the processing time. However, I know that we should get the biometrics letter almost two weeks after we receive the receipt notice. After waiting almost 8 weeks, I called the national customer service center and opened a service request regarding not receiving the biometrics notice. They got back to me about one week later with a biometrics notice scheduled in late April. What surprised me is the response to the service request letter mentioned: “Your case is currently in SUSPENSE until you complete this process”; however, I never received any other notice from them regarding the biometrics. I just do not understand why they suspended the case because of non-delivery notice from their side. Anyway, I still have 13 more days to go to have my biometrics taken. I will update you when it happens.

From what I read above, it sounds like if I go to the service center with my extension letter and explain my situation, they may let me do the biometrics right away, however, I will wait these 10 days anyway. No big deal!

What I also got from many of you in this forum and from other forums and posts, it is just big waiting game that will take about 6-8 months to receive the permanent Green Card.

Hey guys, see below for my updated timeline.

I-751
Vermont Service Center
03.23.13 - package sent
03.25.13 - package delivered
03.29.13 - check cleared
04.01.13 - received 1 year extension dated 03.26.13
04.11.13 - received Biometric notice for 04.29.13