I-485 receipt - August/Sept 2001

Notices Received from INS

I have received the Receipt Notices from INS for EAD/AP/I-485 yesterday in mail for my wife and myself. The details are given below:

Package Mail Date: 08/07/2001
Receipt Date: 08/09/2001
Notice Date: 09/19/2001

Will keep updated as the case progresses.

Good Luck to all.

No Title

guys keep posting, looks like receipt notices are being mailed. good sign that NSC is cranking them out by the day! thanks.

You are right bob r

It is healthy to see that some of us are getting receipt notices lately. I don\'t know how bady this file freeze will affect NSC but I hopt this freeze does not last more than two weeks as promised.

Thanks.

Keep up the discussion..

good to hear that there is movement in NSC...i mailed my 485/AP/EAD on 08/10/01 and havent heard anything from them till now. hoping to hear something anytime soon after going thru the discussion...keep up the momentum guys...good luck
Farooq

Yes

Yes, you are correct. My application may have taken the "short " route the second time.

I also got my EAD approved on the same day and received the plastic cards this week.

Finally INS is showing some mercy on me.

Received Receipt Notice

My Lawer faxed the receipt notice for 485/EAD/AP today. The details are:

RD 8-7-01
ND 9-18-01

congrats

congrats mapleleaf....so when did u actually mail the forms?
I mailed mine on August 10th and no clue since then. Thanks
Farooq

Mailing

My Lawer mailed the forms on 8-6-01 and checks were encashed oh 9-21-01.I do not know how INS issued receipt notice before encashing the checks. Sounds strange.

IndianNewYorker

Folks !
mailed application to NSC on August 14 2000
Application Reciept Date August 17 2000
GOT EAD Reciept for myself and my wife with notice date of September 24 2000
I haven\'t recieved my I485 Recepit yet. My lawyer is suppossed to get that so i think my I485 receipt wil be mailed to my lawyer who is in california. i think i should hear form him soon !!
LIN number according to my EAD reciept is LIN-01 272 53XXX
Got my A numbers too :)

INDIAN NewYorker

good for you....

Congrats...that sounds good...but i dont understand how these guys work...i mailed mine on 10th August and no clue till now...unfortunately i sent money orders and so no way to track...any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Farooq

Money Order Tracking

You can check with UR Bank, they can check
if the Money Order has been encashed or not !!

GOT EAD Reciept

mailed 485(AOS) and EAD on 16th August
got EAD receipt yesterday RD 20th August ND 24th September
still waiting for 485 receipt