I-485 receipt - August/Sept 2001

Thanks IJ

Thanks IJ...but I bought the money order in KMart...is there anyway I can track that?
Farooq

No Title

Congrats Osmaniz! Hope I\'ll get my receipt soon. Others pl. post your info. Thanks.

Congrats Osmaniz.

Looking forward to Oct. 05, 2001 when the audit freeze will be finished and lot of us will be getting the I485 receipts.

485 filed on 21st of September at NSC

I think it is taking about 5 weeks to get the receipt from what a couple of my friends experienced.But with the current file freeze due to the audit might take longer.

I had a question for you guys regarding the EAD/AP. I have not applied for my EAD/AP with my 485 as I am planning to go India in December. And according to my lawyer there is some confusion about what happens to the H1B after getting the EAD/AP. The question that I have is can i go to the local INS office and get my EAD/AP in case I need it?

Thanks folks.

No Title

impactnow, your approval should be coming pretty soon. pl keep us updated. this will help us know if NSC is functioning during the audit or not. thanks.

No Title

Hi Kolhapuri,

Same situation here. Sent my 485 on Sept 26th, 2001 to NSC. I have also not applied for my EAD/AP with my 485. My lawyer said that I can go to my local INS office after I get the 485 receipt and get EAD and AP. I am also planning to go to India in December. We should get our receipts in early to mid November.

Ganesh

MO cashed on Sept 25th

I was able to get the Money Order Clearance Info by calling Western Union and I came to know that they were cashed on Sept 25th. I mailed mine and my wife\'s 485/EAD/AP on August 10th. So I am expecting the receipt soon. One question, from what day my 180 days count down starts? Will it be from Sept 25th or 10th of August? Please let me know and also update me about the current updates please.
Farooq

Ganesh and Kolhapuri

Yes, you can apply for EAD at your local INS office after receiving a receipt for I-485 application. H-1B does not get affected upon getting the EAD card unless you guys go ahead and use the EAD.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Can anyone please clear my doubt

Hai
I have just filled for 485.I have one doubt will I recieve recipt notice ,EAD & Ap even if the dates or not curreent after one month or so.