I-131 Re-Entry Permit and Finger Printing

GC_TRAP:

I have the same questions as you have. Is there anybody who can answer?

I also really dont understand why USCIS are hounding LPR ... getting fingerprinted again, paying nonsence fees for permits. So where is the advance in GC now if you dont have the obvious right to travel freely and faithfully pay all taxes??

This world is globalised nowadays and it way normal to travel most time of the year.

GC_TRAP asked what I also wanna ask. Any answer?

By the way, is there any possibility that some nonsences concerning GC rules will be adjusted?

Finger Printing for Kids.

I got FP done today( myself and my spouse).We did not received FP notice for my son who is 8 years old. Does any one know if FP needs to be done for 8 years old?

Also when I asked ASC ppl they were also confused. At some point she mentioned that because I attached digital pictures my son may not require Fp but she was not sure. She also mentioned that my Son's case seems approved but when I look at online case status search it still says "Application for I-131 received..etc..etc.."

Can some one help me understand if FP are needed for kids or not?

Thanks in Advance.

abc_xyz

Re:

Thanks SRIKA for your respons. I entered USA on april 21,2008. applied for reentry permit on april 22nd via usps expess mail. Waiting for reciept notice and fingerprinting notice. I will post my case as it goes.
Pleaase everybody that applied for reentry permit post your dates on this thread,it will be very usefull to us. Is there a number to call Nebraska service center if you have questions?

I app;ied for reentry permit May22nd2,2008 via express mail. I recieved the receipt notice on May 2nd,2008 via regular mail and the biometric notice May 6th,scheduled for May10th,2008 via regular mail which i completed.
I activated the green card on April 21st,2008 so actually the travel permit i am not sure will be procecessed before the green card is processed. So i will write more when i have any other news.

Last edited by a moderator:
The word is very clear on USCIS' web-site!!!

I got FP done today( myself and my spouse).We did not received FP notice for my son who is 8 years old. Does any one know if FP needs to be done for 8 years old?

Also when I asked ASC ppl they were also confused. At some point she mentioned that because I attached digital pictures my son may not require Fp but she was not sure. She also mentioned that my Son's case seems approved but when I look at online case status search it still says "Application for I-131 received..etc..etc.."

Can some one help me understand if FP are needed for kids or not?

Thanks in Advance.

abc_xyz

Fingerprinting is only required if you are between the ages of 14 through 79, so that's why your kid did not get fingerprinted. You probably never read the rules or requirements for fingerprinting before you submitted your application but you should be good to go. Here's the link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

and if this does not work, go to uscis.gov and look up immigration forms and look for I-131. Hope this helps!

calling 1-800 number

I am also waiting for my FP notice as I am leaving US on May 28th.

I-131 ND is 04/16 and RD is 04/17.

I hope I get my FP notice before 05/28.

I tried going to local office in Manchester,NH but they said that they are unable to schedule FP notice from there. Did any one tried going to ASC without FP notice and got FP done?

Thanks

I called the 1-800 number on the receipt after so many navigation went to an agent, i thought it was a call center type she just took all my info again and told me that some uscis agent will call me in 2 to 45 days!!!!!
It looked like she also sees computer and sees the notice date nothing else..
so abc_xyz can you please check with your lawyer how to reach a uscis agent directly. Thanks in advance...

parents are living on 06/08/08

My parent have green card and they will be out of US for more then one year.
Do you think if I file I-131 with "expediate" mail. I will receive fingerprint appointment before 06/08/08.

No one knows!

Unfortunately, nobody knows the answer to your question. It's simply a matter of luck whether one gets FP notice soon enough or it takes weeks and months before getting it.

You should file for the RP asap if you wish to see it get processed sooner. Putting "expedite" on top may make some difference but there are no guarantees.

It appears that a significantly large number of Green Card holders (young Indians mainly I assume) are very interested in leaving the US for a few years for whatever reason. This may be the reason for slower processing of I-131's as opposed to in the past.

When I saw that someone here got their RP in less than a month last month WITHOUT ASKING FOR AN EXPEDITE, that was the last straw for me... I cannot contain my anger. I had applied for mine last August, and the website says that they are processing 24 July. How the hell can they justify this? I had even asked for an expedite request last month, and I have to wait until the end of this month for an answer. So, in the meantime, I had asked all my senators and my congressman to help. Boxer's office told me they couldn't do anything about it because of the processing dates. I called the office and explained how ridiculous this is, and that I have a real emergency, and that, after a fee increase, for which I paid, they are sitting on my case and processing someone's from last month???? The girl, probably just an intern, couldn't comfort me. So, I called USCIS, and got escalated by an incompetent girl, and the officer said the same thing after I vented my anger on him as well.

There is no way to reach these nincompoops, and I have just given up. I'm thinking of going to Canada after citizenship. Seriously, a bunch of daft cows.

That's all I have to say :)

Rep

cafeconleche:
I dont understand why you wait for the actual REP to arrive.
Since you applied in Aug, Finger printing doesnt apply to you.
You can leave country and have the address change to some friends address who can receive the REP and forward it to you.

When I saw that someone here got their RP in less than a month last month WITHOUT ASKING FOR AN EXPEDITE, that was the last straw for me... I cannot contain my anger. I had applied for mine last August, and the website says that they are processing 24 July. How the hell can they justify this? I had even asked for an expedite request last month, and I have to wait until the end of this month for an answer. So, in the meantime, I had asked all my senators and my congressman to help. Boxer's office told me they couldn't do anything about it because of the processing dates. I called the office and explained how ridiculous this is, and that I have a real emergency, and that, after a fee increase, for which I paid, they are sitting on my case and processing someone's from last month???? The girl, probably just an intern, couldn't comfort me. So, I called USCIS, and got escalated by an incompetent girl, and the officer said the same thing after I vented my anger on him as well.

There is no way to reach these nincompoops, and I have just given up. I'm thinking of going to Canada after citizenship. Seriously, a bunch of daft cows.

That's all I have to say :)

I was when I had applied for the RP. I had NO idea it would be this much of a pain... shows how stupid I am, eh? Hehe.

CAFECONLECHE:

Now how stupid you are, but how you cannot trust the system processing. I have a family emergency, but I am resolved to waiting for this document to come before I travel. So does this mean you are stranded? or are you just anxious to receive the document before returning to the US?

CAFECONLECHE:

Now how stupid you are, but how you cannot trust the system processing. I have a family emergency, but I am resolved to waiting for this document to come before I travel. So does this mean you are stranded? or are you just anxious to receive the document before returning to the US?

I need to stay here beyond a certain date, and to do that, I really need the RP to re-enter the US without getting in trouble.

cafe:

if it is any consolation, I too have been waiting since mid Aug '07 for my Re-entry permit.

However, a friend who had applied a month after me got it recently.

Seems like a very random approval process.

cafe:

if it is any consolation, I too have been waiting since mid Aug '07 for my Re-entry permit.

However, a friend who had applied a month after me got it recently.

Seems like a very random approval process.

It's a daft process and it's driving me up the wall. I'm going to write a song about USCIS that will, hopefully, lead me to fame... then, when they're watching MTV, they'll regret it... hehe...