I-130 for Consular Processing

I have just checked the automated service and mentioned that they have completed the process and ask to wait to 8 weeks. that's all.

For: Mother

I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
DS230 and civil docs sent: 04/13/09
Case completed by NVC: 04/24/2009
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

Hello irfnor76; congratulations on you interview date! I want to ask you about the documents your parents need to bring to the embassy. In my letter all the documents mentioned in the list have a letter that means that it has been received and approved. So I don't know if my mother needs to bring a copy of all the original documents? Also what about the affidavit of support, it says that the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent federal income tax return to the visa interview. Are you sending you last income tax to your mom? what year did you use? I did the I-864 before april so I used 2007 as my last one, I wonder if I have to do a new one with 08 and send that to her to bring it to the interview?
Thanks ;)

Yes you must send the tax 2008 to take it to embassy. Since I submitted my AOS with 2008 taxes hence my parents will not take that. Regarding the documents, I send everything to NVC the certified copies except police report, hence my parents will carry all the original to interview. Good Luck with your case.

Guys! after the completion from NVC. Will I get the postal mail or email for forther notice. I mean what I am waiting for.

IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

Yes, you will get an email with the appointment letter which will tell you your interview date and the next steps. You should get it really soon. I got it the next day after they approved my case. Good luck, let us know!

My husband and I are filing a 1-130 for my in-laws and just paid the AOS fee online. Do I need to fill out two seperate I-864 or just do one? Thank you

I applied i-130 for my father. I already have submitted I-864EZ to NVC.
Can someone tell me that when do I need to submit the form DS-230 to NVC and what documents will be required with this form? Do I need to submit original documents with it?

My father does not have a birth certificate, can someone share a sample birth certificate?

Marker; first you need to wait for NVC to send you IV fee bill ($400) then you can pay for that and after 2-3 business day print the cover letter then you are ready to fill out DS230 part I (signed) and part II (not signed) and then send it with all the documents. If you check this thread many people has list all the documents you need to send along with DS230. Also go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov where you'll find the list of documents that you need and what to do if the beneficiary can't get the original birth certificate.
Good Luck

G-325a

Hi Everyone who filed petition for their alien spouse. did you filll up the G-325A? Do you need to send this together with the I-130?
Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Filed for My wife

I received the NOA1 for my application and has been about 2 weeks and still waiting for NOA2. Anyone know how long it takes to receive the NOA2 from the California Center. My file shows it hasn't been touched since it was received.

I have called NVC this morning. She said that second week of each month they schedule the interview for completed IV application for the all consular in the world. She asked me to wait till middle of May. In this case, no need to be panic and just wait.

Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

what should be my next setp?

hi,i apply for my husband I-130 and i want to find out what should be my next setp.i am usa citizen and we got married 3 years ago in canada but now he is living in pakistan.i just want him to get to state as soon as possible so please tell me what to do next?
what is the diffrent in I-129F and K-3?

What is a typical type for processing at CA center?

Hi,

I have received I-797C form with notice date March 24th 2009, checks were cashed, I see case online as 'received and pending'... I am U.S. citizen , I-130 is filed for my father.

I see on forums that usually it seems it takes about month or 2 to get I130 approved and mine is sitting there for some time now. Is there any phone or other way to check the status? How much more time should I wait doing nothing for that step?

utkinpol

We are in the same boat as you. My wife applied for her mother. The notice date os March 23. Our case was transfered to the CA service center and we have not heard anythig else.

We are in the same boat as you. My wife applied for her mother. The notice date os March 23. Our case was transfered to the CA service center and we have not heard anythig else.

Similar here - our notice date is March 31.

According to uscis web site, the current processing time for I130 at California Service Center is "6 months".

OP: your posts are so useful!!!

Question though... NVC finally completed my IV petition for my wife... The case was completed in May 6. Will the notice they will send me indicate as to when my wife should go for her medical exams? Or can she do this now even we have not received the inteview schedule and notification?

Hi! Guys, I have just received the email from NVC for interview for June 17, 2009. Everybody should be getting schedule for the interview if your waiting for it.

For: MotherI-130 sent: 12/28/08
Medical Exam:
Interview: 06/17/2009
Visa Received:

Congratulations Sarojaryal! Your interview is just the day before mine. Please keep us updated about how it goes.
Burakol, unfortunately you must wait for the interview letter since they require you to bring it to the medical exam. Besides as they recommend do not jump to the next step until they tell you so, otherwise it may complicate your case. Good luck, you should be getting you letter any day now. All the interview scheduling is done during the first two weeks of the month. Also you could call NVC to check on your case; talk to a representative they will explain everything about your case status. (1603-334-0700)

Hi Guys,

Lets keep this thread alive. It is very informative for those who are applying for Counselor processing.

Has anyone here performed their own document translations? My wife is fluent in both Spanish and English and is planning to do the translation herself of her Mothers documents. I would like to know if anyone has had any issues with performing their own translations. Thank You!

Hi Everyone,

Just to double check, documents that need to submit for petitioning my mother are:

1. filled-up I-130 form
2. my birth certificate
3. my naturalization certificate

and for my wife are:

1. my naturalization certificate
2. our marriage license
3. passport photo (both for me and my wife)
4. sworn statement
5. bank certificate (our joint account)
6. photos of our wedding ceremony

-what about phone billing statement, remittance certificate? Do you think we need to submit these things? has anyone here submitted these documents and speed or delay the process?

is there any other documents that you guys submitted and help out to speed the process?

Thank you so much!!!