I-130 for Consular Processing

fbanna79

Registered Users (C)
For those of you out here sending stand alone I-130 for consular processing, can you please share your experience ?

I filed an I-130 for my mother and I want to know how long it takes for the I-130 to be approved. :confused:

Please, help. The case will be processed at Vermont Service Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am a US citizen and planning to apply green card for my mother through consular processing in India. what is the process I need to follow. Is there any website where I can find the procedure to follow. What is the timeline ??? Please help me!!!!!

You have first to fill out an I-130 form for your mother, and wait until the form is approved by USCIS. I have not been able how long it takes to approve the I-130. But it is less than a year, for sure. Fees for I-130 are $355.00

Then, the USCIS will send the file to the National visa center for processing of the visa. They will have you pay the fees for the visa and send an affidavit of support. This process takes 3 to 6 months.

After this second process, The file will be sent to the consulate for the last processing and to schedule the visa interview. This last step takes 2 to 12 months depending on the consulate.

FYI, I am at step 1 and willing to share my timeline with anyone in the same conditions.

I recently got married in Pakistan and filed I-130 for my wife on August 28th, 2008. My LUD is 09/01/2008 so am still waiting for the approval which is the next step and hoping it will be done ASAP. Good luck and GOD bless everyone here!

Keep your experiences comings guys, it gives a little hope to everyone.

I-130 Mother to daughter

I received my Green Card in 1993 through my brother, at the time of filling out forms in 1980`s my daughter was listed as a minor. However by the time my GC came through she was over 21yrs old and married. I am now a citizen and have applied for her GC in Sept 2005 Family based I-130.
Is their any other way she may get her GC using a different program? :confused:
If not how much longer will it be before she receives a Green Card?
If anyone has had similar case please share your experience.
Thanks

I have received the receipt from Vermont Service Center. I noticed that the receipt does not have any priority date. They only provide date received. Is that common for these cases ? or was it a mistake that I need to have them correct ? Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.My sister is a citizen and she applied GC for my parents who are in India.She applied for I-130 in April and it was approved in 2 months.Later they sent the form DS-3032 with my brother-in-law as agent.He now has to fill the form I-864 and is in the process of doing so.Meanwhile due to some resons my parents have to visit USA.They'll be coming in December and be staying for 6 mos.
My question is what will happen to the process?I read that there will be a police inquiry.What will happen to that?We do not want to jeopardize the GC process.Is it ok for them to visit USA?Any suggestions/insights/advice welcome.Thanks..

Since the I-130 has already been approved and you are only waiting for NVC and consular to schedule interview, I would rather stick into this process and try to contact congressmen and senators to help with accelerating the case.

Don't put yourself and your parents in a bad and risky situation.

Hope this helps.

I am so happy I found this link. People are taking about I130 CP. Most other threads are talking about AOS (130+485).

A question - Can I send I-864 together with I-130?

You have to wait for the I-130 to be approved first. Then, National Visa Center will send you the visa bill, I-864 and choice of agent form

I am very greatful that we are getting more people with the same situation (Consular Processing) to share experiences. I was really surprise there was not much people with this type of petition on this forum.

fbanna,
thanks for your reply. now I am little relieved of my dilemma.

another qn, do they send 864 to the immigrant or the petitioner? My mom is a immigrant and I am applying for her as a petitioner. If they send it to her it will be very inconvinient as she has to sesnd it back to me etc.. Is there a way I can get those sent to me?

No, you as the petitionner will receive the approval from USCIS, the I-864 and the visa bill in the US. Completing those is your responsability. She will receive the choice of agent form. If she cannot read and write, you may choose another family member as her agent. The person will receive correspondance on her behalf.

Hope it helps.

Meanwhile due to some resons my parents have to visit USA.They'll be coming in December and be staying for 6 mos.
They are likely to be rejected at the port of entry, due to the pending green card process making it unable for them to show nonimmigrant intent.

For those of you out here sending stand alone I-130 for consular processing, can you please share your experience ?

I filed an I-130 for my mother and I want to know how long it takes for the I-130 to be approved. :confused:

Please, help. The case will be processed in Vermont Service Center
Hello

Quick question for those that have filed I-130 recently- question 15 :Name and address of employer- is this for the petitioner or the beneficiary (parents). I'm not certain since this question is listed under Section C (info about your relative).

Thanks !!

I think it is for your relative. mine mother doesn't work and I filled N/A there. Anyway, they will know about your employment when you fill the I-864 in the future.