I-130 for Consular Processing

Hi every body
my husband send I-130 on august and all documents including affidavit support and civil documents and... to NVC about 1 week ago .As far as i know we should wait for IV letter now.I would be pleased if anyone tell me how long does it take.

Hi Everyone,

Please help! I'm gonna send an I-130 on Friday (May 29) to petition my mother.

What name should I put in the form? Will it be my mom's maiden name? (she and my dad are now divorced)
or her "married name" (there is no divorced in the Philippines, only annulment but they did not went to an annulment process)

Currently, she is still using my dad's last name but my worry is that, if Im gonna use it in the form, will INS or NVC will question it?

Is there any ruling here in US that if you are already divorced with your husband, you should not be using your MARRIED NAME anymore?

Please help!

Thank you so much!

I-130 or I-129F for Spouse of US Citizen

Hi Petitioners,

Have anyone here tried to apply for a K-3 Visa for their wife/husband? How long does the process ends?

Please post your experiences specificially for Manila, Philippines filers.

Thank you so much!!!

Hi,
Do i have to submit
original police certificate and original birth certificate along with DS-230 to NVC?

I think original police clearance is required but how about original birth certificate. can i submit a copy?

Please help me out.

My understanding is you need to send the original police records but a certified copy of your birth certificate is accepted. This is how I understand it and this is what I am going to do.

Should take 8 tp 12 months. Just bear in mind that Manila is considered a tough consulate.

Have anyone here tried to apply for a K-3 Visa for their wife/husband? How long does the process ends?

Please post your experiences specificially for Manila, Philippines filers.

Hi Guys,

I got a partial good news.After an immigrant visa interview for my parents, my mom got the visa while they put my father case for further processing. The reason was that my father previous passport was cancelled by the issuing authroties due to name error. The counselor advice my father to wait until the embassy complete their investigation in this regard. I hope it does not take too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
irfnor76
can you share your parent's interview experience, please.

The interview was very simple and straightforward. The counselor just asked my parent who sponsored you and how many kids he has. Thats all. They were finger printed, asked to submit the originals of all the documents submitted to NVC and after this visa was issued to my mother. Just make sure all the documents are complete at the time of interview. 90% of the time spent by the counselor during the interview was checking all the documents. Good luck

Visa Appointment

After waiting for a year and 4 months..I finally have the visa appointment for my husband in the Dominican Republic in July...This forum has helped me in so many ways...I would like to thank everyone for participating and passing on all their information...If anyone needs me for info I'm here

Is it true that NVC only schedules interviews in second week of each month? I am about to send the DS 230 to NVC and I am wondering if it is too late for this cycle.

Thanks

My husband has his oath ceremony in 10 hours to become a US citizen! After celebrating, the first thing we want to do is bring his mom to the US. On the I-130, question 11. asks for name of prior husband/wife and 12. date marriage ended. Does he put my name there and say that he is still married to me or leave it blank? If he leaves it blank then am I correct that there is nowhere on the application for him to put my name?

Also, his mother is widowed as his father (her husband passed away 3 years ago). Question 8 asks about his mother's date and place of present marriage. Question 11 and 12 asks about her prior husband and date marriage ended. Does he need to put his mother's marriage to his father for her present marriage or is she no longer married b/c her husband died? Also, does he put his father's name as previous husband and the date of his death for the date marriage ended?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sarojaryal, I believe you interview is today and I would like to wish you good luck and please don't forget to let us know how everything went.

hi paola, she has completed the interview. they didn't ask anything. he was a native and speak same language. He just asked "is Santoshi your daughter?" my in-law said yes. then he asked her passport and come back on 29th of this month at 1:00 to collect the passport. he was asking to bring birth certificate, photograph with both mom and daughter and her merriage certificate. That's all they did. hope she get the visa.

thanks.

saroj

Hi all,

I have paid $400 online for parent application and now ready for DS230 part. But I need official letter so that I can apply for police certificate. My brother tried applying without letter and was informed that they need to letter requesting for it. How to proceed on that ?

Thanks,
RAS.

Hello everyone;
Sarojaryal, I am glad to hear that everything went well with your interview.
My mother had hers this morning, everything went well except that the consul asked her for a copy of my husband's passport. To prove his citizenship since he is co-sponsor. But They just ask to mail it with her passport and then they mail her back the visa. So I guess that part is over. My mother said that most of the questions were about my relationship with her and they asked her for my address, my job, if she had been in the US, if I had any kids, if my mother had any children, my husband's job, and how often I visit her?
She answered all of them honestly and then they fingerprinted her and made her sign the last page of DS-230 part II and she was on her way.
Well I hope these tips help other people in the same situation. I'll keep you updated of any more news.

what are current processing times?

We are in the same boat as you. My wife applied for her mother. The notice date os March 23. Our case was transfered to the CA service center and we have not heard anythig else.

Hi,
had anybody got i130 approved with notice dates after March 24th?
Mine is still showing up 'pending' in California center. Just wonder WTF, compared with previously posted here 1-2 month durations for first step mine seems to sit there still and it is straight forward one for my father. Not sure, should i try to call them or is it useless?

need help plz

hello! i have a question for all the gurus or pandits of this fourm. i filed i-130 petition for my wife back in 2005 when i was a permanent resident, however, i became a u.s citizen in Aug 2008. As a u.s citizen i did upgrade the petition by calling and mailing my certificate along the receipt notice, in reply i got a letter saying that petition has been upgraded and now in a new visa cateogry. we will notify you if we need something from you.

Now my understanding is that once you upgrade the petition the priority date becomes current. Having that in mind i did a service request about my case and i was notified in oct 2008 that processing of case has beed delayed due to ongoing security checks that are pending with uscis so wait another 6 months. I waited 6 months and did another inquiry in my 2009 and i got the same reply that security checks are not done wait another 6 months. Iam really sick and tired of this and ready to take them to the court. my question to all of you is what are my options? should i wait another 6 months which seems to be impossible at this point. I should've given priority sicne my priority date on the receipt is sep 2006.

plz plz plz help me with all of your knowledge and experience. Iam running out of tiem and patience. thanks in advane for any reply and concerns.