I-130 for Consular Processing

Case was completed by NVC 7/2/09

I just noticed that your case was complete! CONGRATS!! :) and thanks again for your help with i-130 filing! I followed your instructions and filed on the day of oath :)

I don't know if NVC e-mails, but on consulate part from what I know about Immigrant Visa interviews - date and method of contacting depends completely on the consulate - like small ones can reschedule via e-mail very easy and conveniently earlier or later up to 2 months, but big and busy ones are booked 3-4 months in advance, sometimes the phone line to reschedule is paid, and therefore rescheduling is a big hassle and delay, so you need to look for your specific consulate experience.

I would suggest call/e-mail consulate Monday July 13th and keep calling every other day untill they get it and tell you date of interview, and then if it's possible and if your documents are all ready - try to schedule earlier.

because sometimes they assume applicant needs 2-3 month to prepare, so they schedule not on the closest available date.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find it interesting but I never received an approval notice from USCIS. After the receipt notice, the next mail I received was from the NVC. Please check my timeline below in my signature.

I think best strategy is to not expect an approval letter about i-130, instead - wait 4-5 weeks after NOA1 and then start calling NVC's automated voice system every day (its free and takes less then a minute after some practice)- and input the i-130 case number, in case it was received and assigned NVC #. if no reaction for over 6 weeks since NOA1 - call NVC's live operator every so often, as automated system is unreliable.

Can my wife(applicant) she can fill it out DS-3032 sign it, and select I be the agent. Then she can fax me or scanned me the form, and I can send the form from US. Is this possible?
I just have more confidence sending the mail from US...

good question bigblue09. Can the sponsor be an agent at the same time? I am thinking to fill the forms my self and would like to have the visa package sent to me instead of overseas as the mail delivery is suck there.

GUYS,

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM,WHILE FEELING I-130 SECTION "D"2 WHERE IT SAYS "Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?",I WROTE YES IN 1999 PENDING THINKING THAT IT WAS ASKING WHETEHER THAT PERSON HAS BEEN PETITIONED BEFORE BY ANYONE ELSE.ACTUALLY MY UNCLE PUT A FILE FOR MY FATHER AS BROTHER IN 1999 BUT AFTER THAT I RECENTLY BECAME CITIZEN.SO IS IT GOING TO BE PROBLEM HERE.

ANYMORE NEWS FROM CSC?IS ANYBODY WHO APPLIED IN MARCH GOT APPROVAL FOR I-130 FROM CSC?

My Online Case Status still says "Case received and pending" even though my case was already with NVC and processing completed by NVC. I'm now waiting for the interview appointment for the US Embassy in Manila.

Do not rely on the USCIS Online Case Status so much. You might find it interesting but I never received an approval notice from USCIS. After the receipt notice, the next mail I received was from the NVC. Please check my timeline below in my signature.

Good luck to you!

first of all congratulation.i wanted to ask you did you apply at csc or any other centre.moreover do you think whether time period varies from country to country or is it all same.thank you.

My Online Case Status still says "Case received and pending" even though my case was already with NVC and processing completed by NVC. I'm now waiting for the interview appointment for the US Embassy in Manila.

Do not rely on the USCIS Online Case Status so much. You might find it interesting but I never received an approval notice from USCIS. After the receipt notice, the next mail I received was from the NVC. Please check my timeline below in my signature.

Good luck to you!

first of all congratulation.i wanted to ask you did you apply at csc or any other centre.moreover do you think whether time period varies from country to country or is it all same.thank you.

Thank you. I sent my application to the Chicago Lockbox. I'm not sure if processing time varies from center to center for immediate relatives of US citizens. But I'm pretty sure interview scheduling varies from country to country depending on the number of applications being processed at the embassy or consulate in that particular country.

Last night, I received an email from NVC notifying me of the interview appointment at the US Embassy in Manila, Philippines, for my mother on 8/11/09. I am very happy to get this wonderful news.

good question bigblue09. Can the sponsor be an agent at the same time? I am thinking to fill the forms my self and would like to have the visa package sent to me instead of overseas as the mail delivery is suck there.

Yes. That's the best thing to do. And I think that's what most sponsors do.

Hi desirules.. I have sent my application on June 1s received NOA on June 7th.. after that i haven't heard anything from them. I tried to call NVC the automated and enter my case #, it say we haven't receivied it yet. My case is at California center
is this is the right # 6033340700 for NVC?

Hi desirules.. I have sent my application on June 1s received NOA on June 7th.. after that i haven't heard anything from them. I tried to call NVC the automated and enter my case #, it say we haven't receivied it yet. My case is at California center

BIGBLUE

THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NOA B'CZ THEY HARDLY UPDATE ANYTHING ONLINE.AUTOMATED SYSTEM AND ONLINE CASE STATUS ARE ONE AND THE SAME SO NO USE OF CHECKING THEM.THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW IS TO WAIT.DOES IT SAYS "WAC" BEFORE THE NUMBER.GENERALLY WHEN IT SAYS "WAC" THAT MEANS IT IS IN CALIFORNIA.. AND YOUR NUMBER SEEMS RIGHT B'CZ THERE ARE FIRST THREE LETTERS AND THEN 10 DIGIT NUMBER MAKING IT TOTAL OF 13.

BIGBLUE

THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NOA B'CZ THEY HARDLY UPDATE ANYTHING ONLINE.AUTOMATED SYSTEM AND ONLINE CASE STATUS ARE ONE AND THE SAME SO NO USE OF CHECKING THEM.THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW IS TO WAIT.DOES IT SAYS "WAC" BEFORE THE NUMBER.GENERALLY WHEN IT SAYS "WAC" THAT MEANS IT IS IN CALIFORNIA.. AND YOUR NUMBER SEEMS RIGHT B'CZ THERE ARE FIRST THREE LETTERS AND THEN 10 DIGIT NUMBER MAKING IT TOTAL OF 13.

Desirules

Yesh the first 3 letters are "WAC" and you are right it in California. Thanks for the info...

Recieved an email yesterday about my wife's case:

"On July 14, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

But I've received no such email for my son's case. I called USCIS to find out the status of my son's case because I want both cases for my wife ans son processed together. My son is a baby and always with his mother, I want them to travel for their medical examination and interview at once and together. I got transferred to 2nd level USCIS agent which was quite rude, impatient and just unable to listen. He told me that my wife's case is not shown as approved in thier system, refused to explain anything and hung up on me. This is 2nd time I got transferred to 2nd level customer service representatives and both of them acted like total morons. In fact, 1st level agents seem to be much more polite and helpful. The call to USCIS left me confused if my wife's case is approved or not and if both cases will be processed together or not.

Recieved an email yesterday about my wife's case:

"On July 14, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

But I've received no such email for my son's case. I called USCIS to find out the status of my son's case because I want both cases for my wife ans son processed together. My son is a baby and always with his mother, I want them to travel for their medical examination and interview at once and together. I got transferred to 2nd level USCIS agent which was quite rude, impatient and just unable to listen. He told me that my wife's case is not shown as approved in thier system, refused to explain anything and hung up on me. This is 2nd time I got transferred to 2nd level customer service representatives and both of them acted like total morons. In fact, 1st level agents seem to be much more polite and helpful. The call to USCIS left me confused if my wife's case is approved or not and if both cases will be processed together or not.

sorry about your experience! after calling to 2nd level officers a lot in last 2 years I concluded that 30% are rude nasty and should be treated like police officers after bad day - dont take it personal, they deal with scammers and liars every day, just hang up and try another one.

oh and be very brief, confident and calm. no extra details.

Received today an approval notice for wife's I-130. Also, got the email today that my son's case is also approved and approval letter is sent. Both cases should be transferred to NVC now. I wonder how long it might be from now until the interview at the consulate, assuming all the correspondence from NVC is answered promptly?

Guys, anyone knows if it's absolutely required to send original biographic documents to NVC together with DS-230? Can one submit copies instead and bring original documents (such as birth/marriage certificates) to the interview?

Guys, anyone knows if it's absolutely required to send original biographic documents to NVC together with DS-230? Can one submit copies instead and bring original documents (such as birth/marriage certificates) to the interview?

Yes, except for the passport, it is absolutely required to submit original and photocopies of civil documents to NVC. The original civil documents, per the experience of some on this thread, will be returned to the interviewee after the interview at the US consulate/embassy.

I would check with your consulate too, I have read on other forums that some consulates will require to bring originals

I want to file I-130 for my mother, brother and 2 sisters. I know that I have to file this form for each of them separately but can I send all of them together in one envelope? I want USCIS get them all together.

Yes, except for the passport, it is absolutely required to submit original and photocopies of civil documents to NVC. The original civil documents, per the experience of some on this thread, will be returned to the interviewee after the interview at the US consulate/embassy.

I see, thanks. I haven't been contacted by NVC yet but I want to prepare everything in advance. From what I've read on NVC's website, translation is not needed for documents in the country's official language, right? Also, can I sign DS230 for my infant son myself?