I-130 for Consular Processing

Who signs Part - 1 of form DS-230

Hi All,
I have completed DS230 for my father in India and sent all the documents with it. May be its too late to ask this question but my question is - Is it okay that I signed ( wrote full name of my father) part 1 of DS 230?

Hopefully its not an issue. Please advise.

Thanks,
Dipal

dipalmodi

We called and asked the very same question and were told that the beneficiary must sign the DS-230. We e-mailed the completed form to my mother in law and had her print and sign the document and mail it to NVC from Costa Rica. At the same time we mailed NVC another copy of the DS-230 completed with a faxed copy of her signature and all of the supporting documents. Just to be clear we called and asked if they would accept a faxed copy of her signature and we were told no, that it had to be the orginal.

We called and asked the very same question and were told that the beneficiary must sign the DS-230. We e-mailed the completed form to my mother in law and had her print and sign the document and mail it to NVC from Costa Rica. At the same time we mailed NVC another copy of the DS-230 completed with a faxed copy of her signature and all of the supporting documents. Just to be clear we called and asked if they would accept a faxed copy of her signature and we were told no, that it had to be the orginal.

I just called as well, I was told the same. But she also told me, that dept will review the docs and will send u the update if required.. I am keeping my fingers crossed now..

Hi everybody, adding my stats: i-130 for my mom was received at Lockbox today - regular consular processing

Hello everyone; just want to share with everyone that in my case, NVC has sent every package (DS3230, DS AOS bill and DS230 bill) through my email! which is making everything so much faster. Right now I am waiting for my mom's civil documents and then I will finish with my part unless they need anything else from me.

Hi Paola, how did NVC get your e-mail? Unfortunately, I dont remember filling my e-mail when i sent the application, and i regret i didn't make a copy of filled application, is there a way to give them my e-mail over the phone?

I am also in step one with you. I am filing for my husband. He is planning to visit in a months time, nothing has been approved, I hope he wont be turned away at the port of entry in Los Angele. Has anyone been in such a position? I am a GC holder.

same here

Hi,
had anybody got i130 approved with notice dates after March 24th?
Mine is still showing up 'pending' in California center. Just wonder WTF, compared with previously posted here 1-2 month durations for first step mine seems to sit there still and it is straight forward one for my father. Not sure, should i try to call them or is it useless?

utkinpol, what's your notice date?

Ours are 3/31/2009 and online status still shows "Case received and pending". It is also in California Center. From the current processing time for this center on uscis web site, the current processing time is 5 months. :(

Please keep us posted of any progress you make with your case. We will do so too.

Saki007_ yes you have an option, contact your House of representative office, they will get to the bottom of it. just do that and watch. if your case is not complicated with any security reasons you will get it moved again.

Ours are 3/31/2009 and online status still shows "Case received and pending". It is also in California Center. From the current processing time for this center on uscis web site, the current processing time is 5 months.

Please keep us posted of any progress you make with your case. We will do so too.

HEYY LUCKYY AND UTKINPOL

OURS ARE 4/31/09 SO WHENEVER YOU GUYS GET APPROVAL FOR I-130 PLEASE POST THAT DATE HERE SO THAT I CAN ESTIMATE THE TIME FOR MY I-130 APPROVAL,THANK YOU AND KEEP IN TOUCH.

Seems like it is taking longer time to get approval from california service centre than vsc.did anyone who applied in march at csc got approved yet?

Seems like it is taking longer time to get approval from california service centre than vsc.did anyone who applied in march at csc got approved yet?

Yes, the processing time for CSC shown on uscis website says "5 months", which means towards the end of August. :( Gotta have our fingers crossed.

Will update status once we get anything.

My Online Case Status still says "Case received and pending" even though my case was already with NVC and processing completed by NVC. I'm now waiting for the interview appointment for the US Embassy in Manila.

Do not rely on the USCIS Online Case Status so much. You might find it interesting but I never received an approval notice from USCIS. After the receipt notice, the next mail I received was from the NVC. Please check my timeline below in my signature.

Good luck to you!

Ours are 3/31/2009 and online status still shows "Case received and pending". It is also in California Center. From the current processing time for this center on uscis web site, the current processing time is 5 months.

HEYY LUCKYY AND UTKINPOL

OURS ARE 4/31/09 SO WHENEVER YOU GUYS GET APPROVAL FOR I-130 PLEASE POST THAT DATE HERE SO THAT I CAN ESTIMATE THE TIME FOR MY I-130 APPROVAL,THANK YOU AND KEEP IN TOUCH.

Interview notice: Mail or Email or both?

For those who have already received notices for interview at the Embassy or Consulate, did you receive the notice by mail or by email or by both mail and email?

Thanks

Anyone knows average I-130 processing times at CSC? I recently called USCIS to check on status of I-130 applications for my wife and son and officer told me it will take as long as 6 months for USCIS to approve I-130s before they pass them to NVC, because of some new rules for background check. She told me that my wife and son will be able to come to US approximately next spring. This totally sucks, I've read on this forum that it took USCIS just 1-2 months to approve I-130 applications for other guys.

GUYS, my wife's case is in NVC waiting on visa number when I was a green card holder. I just become a US Citizen on 07/03/09, on the same date I received a letter from NVC asking to me the petitioner to pay the visa fees of $400 + $70.

I paid the fees online and got the status paid. I then sent a letter to NVC with a copy of my Naturalization Certificate to update her priority date category to a US spouse.

Okay, now my question is do I need to send the I-864 form first then DS-230 later? or I need to send them together. My wife now is overseas, where do we need to send the DS-230 form to? Thanks.

GUYS, my wife's case is in NVC waiting on visa number when I was a green card holder. I just become a US Citizen on 07/03/09, on the same date I received a letter from NVC asking to me the petitioner to pay the visa fees of $400 + $70.

I paid the fees online and got the status paid. I then sent a letter to NVC with a copy of my Naturalization Certificate to update her priority date category to a US spouse.

Okay, now my question is do I need to send the I-864 form first then DS-230 later? or I need to send them together. My wife now is overseas, where do we need to send the DS-230 form to? Thanks.

If you have already paid for the Affidavit of Support and IV Application fees and the status shows "paid", you should be able to print from the NVC website the cover pages for the mailing of the Affidavit of Support and DS-230. The cover page has a bar code specific to the case and is required for the submission of the I-864 and DS-230. Do not mail those forms without the cover pages. You send the Affidavit of Support and DS-230 to the address specified on the cover pages that you will print. The AOS and DS-230 have each its own specific cover page

Last edited by a moderator: