I-130 for Consular Processing

At the NVC on the same petitioner all cases are tied together , as per my experience. For the I864 filing fees of $70 as soon as you make a online payment on 1 case it automatically updates the other case too. All other fees need to be paid seperately as per the case number.

Thanks Again alakananda. :)

Warm regards,
Ras.

Has anyone submitted I-130 lately? How long should I expect to receive the notice letter with the case number after the check is cashed? Please share your time line. Thank you in advance.

Mine is as follows:

I-130 time line for Mother:
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice: ???

Hi,

I have a question regarding the medical examination. Do you have to use a special medical form from the embassy/NVC or will the physician take care of everything?

I received the interview notice via email a few weeks ago but nothing came in the mail.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I think that now they are doing everything via email. I wouldn't expect for anything else in the mail! You can call them and double check but I think that's the only package you will get. The applicant will probably get one via regular mail.

Thank you for your post, alakananda

it takes about 1 or 2 weeks after the check has been cashed.

I thought that they'd stamp the case number on the back of the check when they cash the check. But for some reason, the scanned check image was not available for me to check it out on the online banking (I use BoA), while for other checks (e.g. for paying for the utilities), the images were available. :confused:

I guess I will have to be patient on waiting for the receipt notice? :D

Hello guys, I received notice around march 24th that my parents I-130 petition got approved on March 18th but haven't received yet NVC case#. It has been almost three weeks. I called NVC center as well but they say there is no file in the system with USCIS receipt#.

How long does it take to get NVC case# assigned to a file after I-130 petition is approved. I will appreciate any input and also is there a way to expedite the process.

It can take more than 3 weeks for NVC case number to be assigned. It took about that much time for my parents case recently. Just wait a week or two.

Thanks popeyesailor.

Had I waited one more day.. I wouldn't be asking the question. NVC case# just got assigned to my parents files.

popeyesailor, did you also receive DS3032 as well in addition to your parents or was it mailed to your parents only?

I recieved a copy of the DS3032 from NVC, along with the Affadavit of Support form package.

I faxed the DS3032 form to my parents. They signed and faxed it back to me and then I mailed it to NVC (seperately from the Affadavit of Support). They accepted it and reflected the status as DS3032 recieved within 1 day of reciept.

I am a green Card holder waiting on my N-400 interview letter. I filed I-130 for my wife "who's now overseas" in July 2005 and it got approved on Nov 2008. The I-130 case then transferred to NVC waiting on visa number and the priority date for that is may 2004.
My Question is: when I become a US citizen and change the I-130 from green card holder to US citizen does the I-130 need to go though the approval step again or that would put my wife on the front line for visa number? what is the expect waiting time for her to get visa number once I become a US Citizen? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a green Card holder waiting on my N-400 interview letter. I filed I-130 for my wife "who's now overseas" in July 2005 and it got approved on Nov 2008. The I-130 case then transferred to NVC waiting on visa number and the priority date for that is may 2004.
My Question is: when I become a US citizen and change the I-130 from green card holder to US citizen does the I-130 need to go though the approval step again or that would put my wife on the front line for visa number? what is the expect waiting time for her to get visa number once I become a US Citizen? Thanks.

You'll need to contact NVC to upgrade your status once you become a citizen. Your I-130 was already approved, no need to go through the I-130 step again. Once your case at NVC is upgraded, they will start process your case asap.

I would like to apply a I130 for my parents, do i need to apply two seperate I130 applications for my mother and father or one application is enough, pl advise

- I-130 approved for both parents
- DS3032 signed and mailed back
- Paid the AOS Payment Fee ($70)
- Paid the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Bill Invoice for each parent ($400)
- Printed the "Document Coversheet" for each fee paid above

What are my next steps? In the AOS instructions, it says:

"IF the petitioner has received notification from the NVC, please read the Affidavit of Support Instructions and download the appropriate form(s)."

Do I need to wait till I receive written notification from NVC?

When do I need to start working on DS-230? Do I need to wait till I receive any notification on that too? Do I first complete the AOS (864) form first before I do the DS-230?

Thanks in advance

fbanna79,

I want to petition my wife and my son to come to the US,,, they live abroad and i want to know what forms, do i need to fillout the G325 for both wife and kid? and the steps i need to take

thank

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents I-130 petition is approved and now waiting for I864 and DS230 forms from DOS.

I was thinking to kick-start their medical-exam. Do I need an official form from DOS or they can just go to doctor for medical exam?

Also, does anyone know for 'Police Clearance Certificate' requirements for Lahore, Pakistan. Do we need both from Passport office and location police authority or the later one would be enough.

Will appreciate any responses. Thanks.

Anybody know that how long it take to complete the case from NVC?

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
DS230 and civil docs sent: 04/13/09
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

I thought that they'd stamp the case number on the back of the check when they cash the check. But for some reason, the scanned check image was not available for me to check it out on the online banking (I use BoA), while for other checks (e.g. for paying for the utilities), the images were available. :confused:

I guess I will have to be patient on waiting for the receipt notice? :D

Update:

===
I-130 time line for Mother (@San Jose)
Sent: 3/23/2009
Check cashed: 3/31/2009
Notice Date: 3/31/2009
Notice received: 4/14/2009
Approved: ???

My parents I-130 petition is approved and now waiting for I864 and DS230 forms from DOS.

I was thinking to kick-start their medical-exam. Do I need an official form from DOS or they can just go to doctor for medical exam?

Also, does anyone know for 'Police Clearance Certificate' requirements for Lahore, Pakistan. Do we need both from Passport office and location police authority or the later one would be enough.

Will appreciate any responses. Thanks.

You cannot do medical exam and obtaining police clearence certificate until you were instructed by NVC to do so otherwise, it will get invalidated and you will have to go obtain them again. You can only get medical exam at certain designated health professional offices in your country and police clearence must be within a certain date or it wil be invalidated.

What service center?

Hi sarojaryal! What service center do you belong to?

Anybody know that how long it take to complete the case from NVC?

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
DS230 and civil docs sent: 04/13/09
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received: