I-130 for Consular Processing

Hi Guys,

My parents cases have been completed by NVC. Can somebody tell me what is the next step before the interview? Will NVC inform me about date for interview/medical or can my parents go and do the medical? Please advice.

marraige certificates for parents

Hello All

I am planning to sponsor my parents too..I need help with few documents.
As everybody is aware,we dont have marraige certificates of parents in India..My parents are 70 years old and there is no way they can get marriage certificates.

I do have a birth certificate with both of my parents name..But I need sampel format for marriage certificate affidavit..If anybody has one, please send it out to me..or piost it here..I will be really grateful..

My parents will be travelling next week from Bombay..and I would like to get this done while they come here..

Also , is there any other documentation I should ask them to get along with them here..My plan is to file the 130/485 concurrently..please let me know..

Also,does anybody know how to get a non availability certificate from municpality for marriages..Somewhere I read that in addition to the two affidavits, we should also get a certgificagte saying from municipality that the marriage certificatre is not available..please help

thanks in advance,
Shanks

AOS Fee bill received

I received the AOS fee bill for $70 today with the choice of agent form.

It took me by surprise because I've never received the approval notice for the I-130 from USCIS, and of course as expected, the online status has not changed: "Case received and pending."

Did everyone receive an approval notice for I-130 before receiving anything from NVC?

Last edited by a moderator:
I-130 for spouse

hi,
this forum is of great help!!!
i m new here!!!
i m a USC ,got my citizenship last week. i m married to an indian girl who is currently staying in her home country! she never visited me in US. i m going to apply for here.

now there is a little bit of confousion!! actually i heard about DCF at new delhi embassy. this whole process needs only 3-4 months to complete i.e. she will take only 3-4 months to join me here in US.so fast!!!!!
now the main problem which i m facing is that--
in order to fill I130 form at embassy one have to stay for a period of 6months or 60 days .......before filling i-130 form
now my question is whether this is true or not???? i have tried to find out the answer but not able to get any satisfactory answer!!!
some says only 60 day stay is enough while other says 6 months ... i m very confused :confused::confused::confused:plz help me
one thing more i also visited US Embassy new delhi's website .they do not mention any time limit to do so. all i understand is that-A USC must have indian residency for min. 6 months before applying i-130. is it true ?? plz help i want my spouse with me as soon as possible:rol
does any body know about it. plz reply!!
thanks in advance

Still waiting for NVC to approve and send case to the local consulate. They got my last package last Tuesday. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to review and approve it??

Hi! Sirch320,

My case is in
National Visa Center
32 Rochester Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 038012909

They have received the D230 Documents on 16th of this month. I am curious that how we can find about the AOS status and complition of the case?? please let me know anybody's though.

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
DS230 and civil docs sent: 04/13/09
DS230 and civil docs received by NVC: 04/16/09
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

Thank you irfnor76! I hope mine it's as fast as yours!! So now are you waiting for an interview date?? Good Luck let us know when you get it!!! I hope I can get one for June!!!
Also how did you find out about the approval of your NVC case? Did you call or they let you know?

I am in same situation as paola81 let's see how this time line works for us!!!

But how did you find out about the I-864 approval?? Please let me know.

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032: 03/16/09
I-864 sent: 03/18/09
IV Fee Bill by email : 03/28/09
IV form and instruction package received: Downloded once the bill is being paid status with in 3 days.
DS230 and civil docs sent: 04/13/09
DS230 and civil docs received by NVC: 04/16/09
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

I just call asking for the status of my forms and they told me that received the first package and it was approved on that date and that they had received the second one but it hadn't been reviewed yet. Call them 1-603-334-0700

Thank you so much paola81. I have just call the nvc. she said that they have received everything and all in under review and she asked me to wait 2 to 4 weeks.

Thanks you again.

Yeah, that's the same thing they tell me , wait 2 to 4 weeks!!! I really hope it doesn't take that long! Good luck!! I'll let you know if I get anything!

Saroj Ji,

Tapai sanga kura garda khushi lageko thiyo ra email patha bhannu bho . pathaye pani. Tara jawaf sawaf kehi aayena ni ta . Ki mero email bhettaunu bhayena. Thanks

I called today to the automated system and it said that my case was completed on April 23rd 2009 and that now I need to wait up t 8 weeks for further information.

I just got the appointment letter today! It's scheduled for June 18th @ 8:30 am. On monday she will make the appointment for her medical exam.

Hello irfnor76; congratulations on you interview date! I want to ask you about the documents your parents need to bring to the embassy. In my letter all the documents mentioned in the list have a letter that means that it has been received and approved. So I don't know if my mother needs to bring a copy of all the original documents? Also what about the affidavit of support, it says that the applicant must bring the sponsor's most recent federal income tax return to the visa interview. Are you sending you last income tax to your mom? what year did you use? I did the I-864 before april so I used 2007 as my last one, I wonder if I have to do a new one with 08 and send that to her to bring it to the interview?
Thanks ;)

All the experts out there.......
Hello , I need suggestion and advise.....over my case.

Here's my case: My wife is currently Permenant Resident and completed 4 years. She will become eligible to apply for citizenship around Dec 2009.

I am currently in India (I was in USA on H1 visa but recenlty (in April 2009)due to bad recession my employer revoked my H1 and so I returned back to my home country India). Now Waiting for my wife to become citizen so that she can file I-130 on my behalf.

NOW let's say today, if my wife files petition I-130 on my behalf based on her Permenant Residency. If a petitioner is PR than there's a wait of 4-5 years for visa no. to become available. My question is : Although the VISA number is not available in this category so the petition will be set aside until visa no. becomes available BUT Do they APPROVE I-130 petition OR not?

I am asking this because next year when my wife becomes citizen we will inform USCIS regarding the update of my wife's citizenship and than my case process starts off from the approval of I-130 so basically I will save time in the processing of I-130 as compare to when my wife files petition for I-130 when she becomes citizen. Can I really save time here in whole cosular processing after my wife becomes citizen, since we are not starting from Scratch....we already have I-130 filed and approved...so would it be helpful in the terms of saving time for I-130 processing ?

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

KC