have a appeal hearing next week.

That won't help. I think the USCIS assess severity according to laws where and when your offense occurred. Otherwise
everyone who is causght possessing marijuna will move to the state where marijuna is legalzied to get over it and also bad thing
can happen to many people the other around like a minor offense bacome a serious offense if theymove into another state.

what about the other option - let say in some point in life i will get extremely lucky and get a pardon. still will not help?

what about the other option - let say in some point in life i will get extremely lucky and get a pardon. still will not help?

Read Clause (vi) below. As I understand it means a pardon will make deportable offense NOT DEPORTABLE except for conviction of
faliure to register as a sex offender

(2) Criminal offenses.-

(A) General crimes.-

(i) Crimes of moral turpitude.-Any alien who-

(I) is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude committed within five years (or 10 years in the case of an alien provided lawful permanent resident status under section 245(j) ) after the date of admission, and

(II) is convicted of a crime for which a sentence of one year or longer may be imposed.

is deportable

(ii) Multiple criminal convictions.-Any alien who at any time after admission is convicted of two or more crimes involving moral turpitude, not arising out of a single scheme of criminal misconduct, regardless of whether confined therefor and regardless of whether the convictions were in a single trial, is deportable.

(iii) Aggravated felony.-Any alien who is convicted of an aggravated felony at any time after admission is deportable.

(iv) High Speed Flight.-Any alien who is convicted of a violation of section 758 of title 18, United States Code, (relating to high speed flight from an immigration checkpoint) is deportable.

(v) 5b/ FAILURE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER- Any alien who is convicted under section 2250 of title 18, United States Code, is deportable.

(vi) 5b/ Waiver authorized.-Clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) shall not apply in the case of an alien with respect to a criminal conviction if the alien subsequent to the criminal conviction has been granted a full and unconditional pardon by the President of the United States or by the Governor of any of the several States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read Clause (vi) below. As I understand it means a pardon will make deportable offense NOT DEPORTABLE except for conviction of
faliure to register as a sex offender

(2) Criminal offenses.-

(A) General crimes.-

(i) Crimes of moral turpitude.-Any alien who-

(I) is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude committed within five years (or 10 years in the case of an alien provided lawful permanent resident status under section 245(j) ) after the date of admission, and

(II) is convicted of a crime for which a sentence of one year or longer may be imposed.

is deportable

(ii) Multiple criminal convictions.-Any alien who at any time after admission is convicted of two or more crimes involving moral turpitude, not arising out of a single scheme of criminal misconduct, regardless of whether confined therefor and regardless of whether the convictions were in a single trial, is deportable.

(iii) Aggravated felony.-Any alien who is convicted of an aggravated felony at any time after admission is deportable.

(iv) High Speed Flight.-Any alien who is convicted of a violation of section 758 of title 18, United States Code, (relating to high speed flight from an immigration checkpoint) is deportable.

(v) 5b/ FAILURE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER- Any alien who is convicted under section 2250 of title 18, United States Code, is deportable.

(vi) 5b/ Waiver authorized.-Clauses (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) shall not apply in the case of an alien with respect to a criminal conviction if the alien subsequent to the criminal conviction has been granted a full and unconditional pardon by the President of the United States or by the Governor of any of the several States.
thank you again! you are very knowledgeable person! i hope - it will not come to that (pardon )

hello again! I just checked the USCIC case status website - now ii says "Testing and Interview
On April 9, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"
what the heck? why another interview? I passed the tests already?! can somebody explain please - what that supposed to mean? thank you!

could it be they just need an additional evidence? or can they force me to surrender my green card?

Last edited by a moderator:
my friend was deported. they were waiting for him at 5 a.m. - wheh he stepped out of the house to work - he's got arrested. they know where i work and live.

People,-any other idea as to why is the second interview? is it the "mid case" scenario I mentioned 2 month ago?

People,-any other idea as to why is the second interview? is it the "mid case" scenario I mentioned 2 month ago?

What is the online status before "testing and interview"? I think it may just refer to your first interview
and the online status will stay that way forever no matter what follows up. And it has just recently changed ,
it still could refer to yoru first interview becaus eonlien status is not reliable , not stable, and certainly not
synchronize with real life process

What is the online status before "testing and interview"? I think it may just refer to your first interview
and the online status will stay that way forever no matter what follows up. And it has just recently changed ,
it still could refer to yoru first interview becaus eonlien status is not reliable , not stable, and certainly not
synchronize with real life process

it was the same "testing and interview" before 04/09/13 update

Good point. Maybe it is for a new interview.

Not really. The updating date is believed to be related to general technical maintenance rather than case-specific.
I found out this hard and disapointing way myself since my interview has been descheduled three times.
Other applicants can verify if they check their online status and mane of them will find the date have been updated
too for no good reason

Hello!
Just received the letter today - indeed is another interview. purpose - to hand deliver to the same officer additional papers on June,7.
Now - quote:
" on march 23rd,2004 you were convicted of vtl 600.2(leaving the scene of an accident). please return with a full record of conviction for the aforementioned conviction including police report, and sentencing minutes."
now,-I have a full record of conviction and the police report including the original ticket of appearance. but what is "sentencing minutes"?? can somebody explain please? thank you

Sounds like they want a transcript of the court hearing. I would strongly advise consulting with an attorney before providing this to the USCIS, as it certainly seems like they want to go on a fishing expedition and see if you were charged with a more serious crime that the one you pleaded to.