have a appeal hearing next week.

Sounds like they want a transcript of the court hearing. I would strongly advise consulting with an attorney before providing this to the USCIS, as it certainly seems like they want to go on a fishing expedition and see if you were charged with a more serious crime that the one you pleaded to.

thank you for respond! I did show the original ticket of appearance (VTL-600(2)) to the IO and indeed I pled guilty to the original and only ONE charge (VTL - 600(2)) - but I believe you are right - they are fishing for something more - as you see from my previous post - the IO asked me if this was the only charge and no "criminal" charge.. go figure..

just sent a money order for $54 (didn't know is that expensive) for court transcripts (aka sentensing minutes). the police report copy i do have and everything else too.

o.k. people,-I returned from 26 Federal plaza. the guy, who is working on my case and who requested more evidence wasn't there today.I came there around 2 p.m. and at 3:30 came out to call my name very tired looking Latino officer. she said that she called me an hour ago but I didn't respond - I told her that they must misspelled my name. anyway - she took me to the office and asked if I brought required papers -police report and court transcripts, which I did give to her. she started to ask me how many times I was arrested and then somebody called her on the phone - that must be something good for her because all of sudden she was not tired anymore -told me that the decision will be made later and ushered me to the door.. I just don't get it - why they request personally delivery of records - I could send by certified male? I expected some sort of questioning.. well - let see what will happen..

she started to ask me how many times I was arrested and then somebody called her on the phone - that must be something good for her because all of sudden she was not tired anymore -told me that the decision will be made later and ushered me to the door.. I just don't get it - why they request personally delivery of records - I could send by certified male? I expected some sort of questioning.. well - let see what will happen..

Did she say whether decision is about whether to approve your citizenship or whether to deport you or not?
Sorry if my question is too harsh but you know my question is natural if you go back to read this whole thread

no,she just asked how many times I was arrested and then the telephone rang and she became preoccupied with some other business. my impression is that the Chinese guy is still working on my case but he was not there and she substituted him.

Whatta case!

Just think it as another risk in life. Even if we get citizenship we can always die prematurely
due to car acciddents, cancer etc which are worse than deportation but we don't think about such bad things
every days.

This has been the most amusing response so far.

My friend your case is one of the most interesting ever on this board. Two disorderly conduct convictions? Running away like a leopard from the scene of a crime? Forgive me for laughing buddy but I'm tickled! I know no medals will be issued to me for correctly guessing that alcohol was involved in all three cases, no? "Chinese guy" as you call him wanted you to bring the minutes personally so he could deport you! You escaped by the skin of your teeth because he was not present when you arrived, so "tired Latino lady" as you call her had to take instructions from "Chinese guy" over the phone to let you go until he gets back and does the job himself. Lawyer up man, lawyer up you are in for the legal battle of your life in my opinion.

Kerala Guy.

you didn't read carefully - alcohol was not involved in the crime of leaving the scene of an accident, as for 2 disorderly conducts - they were not the crimes, but violations. if "Chinese guy" would want to deport me - he would do it back in February.as for "running like leopard" -leave epithets for some one you know, cause judging others makes you look like a jerk

and regarding advice to "lawyer up" - been there, done that if you DID read this thread and what did lawyer said? yes,- that my admission is may,31,1994 - more than 8 years before the accident - therefore I'm safe from deportation.. he also had said I'll win the appeal no problem..

you didn't read carefully - alcohol was not involved in the crime of leaving the scene of an accident, as for 2 disorderly conducts - they were not the crimes, but violations. if "Chinese guy" would want to deport me - he would do it back in February.as for "running like leopard" -leave epithets for some one you know, cause judging others makes you look like a jerk

Whoa, careful dude! You might curse at me and get another disorderly conduct ticket, boss!! buahahahahahaha. With your attitude I see why they jailed you three times. Good luck with your case and I hope they do not deport you even though they have excellent reason to.

Kerala Guy

one more thing. consider everything i wrote above - it was just to feed trolls like you!bu-ha-ha-ha:))
now you can get lost cause from now on i'll ignore your trolling:cool:
Whoa, careful dude! You might curse at me and get another disorderly conduct ticket, boss!! buahahahahahaha. With your attitude I see why they jailed you three times. Good luck with your case and I hope they do not deport you even though they have excellent reason to.

Kerala Guy

strange thing - my last couple of posts dissapeared?!
anyway - have to repost the update - my Web status has been changed to "post decision activity". it says that supervisor has completed review of my case and i should wait till decision is mailed to me before contacting them (i did call them 3 weeks ago). so now 2 weeks are past the latest update..any thoughts,people?
thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway - today got this:
On September 19, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled..
thank those of you who have been very helpful thru the years and supported me! God bless you! I don't have the letter yet - i'll keep posting

Congrats! I can understand how happy you must be. Enjoy it.

The database got restored to a past time (sep 1st) a couple days ago due to an attack, that's why some posts are missing.

Congrats duparas! After all the stress, this will be such an amazing moment for you once you become a USC.

Congratulations! What a great story! It just goes to show you that there is no consistency, rhyme or reason in anything USCIS does. After that many years of complaints, new laws, regulations an so on they still cannot get it straight.