Has anybody got I-485 receipt lately?

Finally after 3 calls to USCIS they entered my case and gave me LIN # ( Nebraska :-( )

Tha package delivered on Sept 11, and the received date is Oct 27 . Unbelievable !!!

This is the case i guess. in nebraska they receives packages, gathers packages from 15 days and enter all the data and later on one day they send receipts to all of them dated same day.

my package received there on oct 3rd and receipt date is oct 27. did you got actual receipt on hand or when called she gave you the receipt number and receipt date

FGSilva,

If you applied for EAD, do you get fp for that or for I-485??? how many fingerprints you get in 485 journey. mine 765 was filed paper.

I got the reeceipt# when called , no actual receipt received yet. Wil they send to me or my lawyer ?

hopemit said:
This is the case i guess. in nebraska they receives packages, gathers packages from 15 days and enter all the data and later on one day they send receipts to all of them dated same day.

my package received there on oct 3rd and receipt date is oct 27. did you got actual receipt on hand or when called she gave you the receipt number and receipt date

FGSilva,

If you applied for EAD, do you get fp for that or for I-485??? how many fingerprints you get in 485 journey. mine 765 was filed paper.

what information do i need to call

My case was filed on Sep 12 (140/485/EAD/AP) I received I140(start with LIN) receipt about 15 days back. But no other receipts numbers. My case was filled by company lawyer and it is hard to talk to lawyer. It's paid by company so i do not have cheque information.
Which number should i call to find out the recipt number and what information do i have to have to call them.
Thanks

NSC2006: Received date

Receipt I got in the mail shows the received date of Sep.14, while the Notice Date is Oct 23rd. so I didn't call, and I don't know what dates they recognise in their processing times,

NSC2006 said:
ColoHJ,
I am in exact same situation. I485/EAD/AP received by NSC on 09/15/06. Now 6 weeks later, on line status shows 10/27/06 as Receipt Date. Did you try to call NSC?

Can someone tell me if 10/27/06 then will be the date I use to check the processing time for 485/AP/EAD?

Thanks

Khiboy:

Don't worry about the receipts, its a matter of time and you will get them in a maximum of 6 weeks, as experience shows; you can't find the receipt number until they assign your application one and enter it into the system;
I found out my number from the cleared checks more than 5 weeks after I filed- didn't use an attorney-

khiboy said:
My case was filed on Sep 12 (140/485/EAD/AP) I received I140(start with LIN) receipt about 15 days back. But no other receipts numbers. My case was filled by company lawyer and it is hard to talk to lawyer. It's paid by company so i do not have cheque information.
Which number should i call to find out the recipt number and what information do i have to have to call them.
Thanks

Hello, I am new to this forum but have been following it for a while now. Count me in the category of people waiting for a receipt notice for the whole I-485/I-140 package. I am in the EB2 "Other" category (Indian citizen but "lucky" to be born in a non-retrogressed country). My application was submitted around October 10, but no word yet. Can't check check's because the whole thing was filed by my employer's lawyers and they are not very accessible.

hi fgsilva,
where did you send your Advance parole application. i did applied for EAD and also for 485 but not for advance parole. but, now thinking on filing it on my own. my both other cases is in nebraska

songlan,

if you have send the form G-28 for your attorney, then you will get the copy of the receipt and attorney gets the original.

For fingerprinting you will get the original and attorney would get the courtesy copy

my checks has been encashed today

ColoHJ is right, do not worry much. It tooks me almost 8 weeks to get the LIN# :-((

If you want to call : 1-800-375-5283 , option 1 -> 2->6->2->2->1
and wait in 30-45 minutes for customer service person.

khiboy said:
Thanks

My check also cashed out today. It seems they are processing the package "by batch"

Now, how about the incorrect received date ? I plan to call then to require to fix the receive date .

hopemit said:
songlan,

if you have send the form G-28 for your attorney, then you will get the copy of the receipt and attorney gets the original.

For fingerprinting you will get the original and attorney would get the courtesy copy

my checks has been encashed today

songlan,
i get my receipts today to the lawyer. lawyer just scanned and send it to it. In the column of received date its 3rd october and in the column of notice date its 27th october. so dont call them wait till you get the receipts

You're right. I made the call and they said nope, they can't change/fix the received date because it's really the date they receive the package !!!

hopemit said:
songlan,
i get my receipts today to the lawyer. lawyer just scanned and send it to it. In the column of received date its 3rd october and in the column of notice date its 27th october. so dont call them wait till you get the receipts

No receipt notice in a month.

It seems there is a new trend--it takes longer and longer to get receipt notice.

My I-485 application was delivered on Oct. 5, 2006. No nothing yet.

I suspect that this is a new tactic used by Nebraska to "speed up"/manipulate their processing time.

For example, they may want to issue us receipt 2 months after they actually received application. In my case, the receipt date will be December 5, 2006 instead of Oct. 5, 2006. If our case is approved on July 4, 2007, then Nebraska can still claim meeting the 6 Months processing target!!! Because they talk out receipt-date!!!

Any comments?

ColoHJ said:
Receipt I got in the mail shows the received date of Sep.14, while the Notice Date is Oct 23rd. so I didn't call, and I don't know what dates they recognise in their processing times,

songlan,

i guess you are getting it wrong

From your previous posting,i can see that your received date to USCIS is september 12th. i guess when you get a receipt, receipt date would be september 12th, but notice date would be october 27th. so you wont be losing 2 months. my package was received on 3rd from dhl shipment and they gave me 3rd as my receipt date and notice date is october 27th

That's correct.

My package was received on July 31st . I did not get a notice till beginning of september. The Received date was July 31st with Notice Date being August 16th.

I do not know if processing date should match RD or ND.

hopemit said:
songlan,

i guess you are getting it wrong

From your previous posting,i can see that your received date to USCIS is september 12th. i guess when you get a receipt, receipt date would be september 12th, but notice date would be october 27th. so you wont be losing 2 months. my package was received on 3rd from dhl shipment and they gave me 3rd as my receipt date and notice date is october 27th

So means that you start counting your 180 after 485 filing , from jult 31st right? that is your receipt date???

bigbang2001 said:
That's correct.

My package was received on July 31st . I did not get a notice till beginning of september. The Received date was July 31st with Notice Date being August 16th.

I do not know if processing date should match RD or ND.

Yes. The clock starts from the day 485 is received. For processing purposes and keeping petitioner inquiries away USCIS may put ND as date of processing but 180 day period would start the day the package is received.

VOYAGER_99 said:
So means that you start counting your 180 after 485 filing , from jult 31st right? that is your receipt date???

my 485 receipt says RD sep-23, ND oct-10. USCIS site says my application was received on oct-10 (which is ND), and i am not sure of the significance of the receipt date mentioned in 485 receipt

From one of the USCIS memos I googled, it is said when there is a receipt notice delay, and there is a big gap between RD and ND, USCIS "wish" to honor the receipt date. On USCIS home page, it also says application will be processed according to filing date in order to be fair to all applicants.

I have the same feeling that there is some moneying around here on the date. But hopefully at end of the day, it is processed truly according to RD.

If we trace the date EAD/AP is approved, we can pretty much tell if it is the RD/ND that they are using. As in my case, they are 6 weeks apart.

Last edited by a moderator: