Has anybody got I-485 receipt lately?

I haven't received the actual receipt yet. When I asked on phone, the USCIS office told my RECEIVED date is Oct 27 , same as it is showed on USCIS case online. The package was delivered with signature confirmation on Sept 11.

hopemit said:
songlan,

i guess you are getting it wrong

From your previous posting,i can see that your received date to USCIS is september 12th. i guess when you get a receipt, receipt date would be september 12th, but notice date would be october 27th. so you wont be losing 2 months. my package was received on 3rd from dhl shipment and they gave me 3rd as my receipt date and notice date is october 27th

bigbang2001 said:
That's correct.

My package was received on July 31st . I did not get a notice till beginning of september. The Received date was July 31st with Notice Date being August 16th.

I do not know if processing date should match RD or ND.

hi, bigbang2001,

Did you get ur EAD/AP approved yet? If yes, can you share the date?

Last edited by a moderator:
I 485 Receipt & FP Notice

Hellow

I filed 485/131 on Oct 11 . My Checks got Cashed on Oct 30, Got the LIN# from the cashed Checks. But no Paper Receipt in my Mail yet. There are LUD on 11/02, 11/03 for I 485.

Online Status says I 485 received on Oct 26. Do U have any idea when i will get the Paper Receipts and the FP Notice?

Please share the Thoughts...

Thanks

Shovon

Called the 1-800 number

I think you are very lucky.

I filed on Oct. 6 and my check not cased yet. I got so concerned that I called this morning. After hanging there for more than half hour. A very nice person answered the phone. After querying database a few times with different info input, he told me he couldn't locate my case and ask me to call back one week later.

Very disappointed.

shovonbd said:
Hellow

I filed 485/131 on Oct 11 . My Checks got Cashed on Oct 30, Got the LIN# from the cashed Checks. But no Paper Receipt in my Mail yet. There are LUD on 11/02, 11/03 for I 485.

Online Status says I 485 received on Oct 26. Do U have any idea when i will get the Paper Receipts and the FP Notice?

Please share the Thoughts...

Thanks

Shovon

I never applied for EAD.

My AP was approved 19th October after it was applied around end of August ( my AP was applied a month later than 485 )

NSC2006 said:
hi, bigbang2001,

Did you get ur EAD/AP approved yet? If yes, can you share the date?

They finally cashed my check and when I check the online status:

------------------------
Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 3, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

-----------------

Since they actally received my app on Oct. 5, 2006, I wonder what monster ate the one month gap.

Deciving us

hopemit said:
songlan,

i guess you are getting it wrong

From your previous posting,i can see that your received date to USCIS is september 12th. i guess when you get a receipt, receipt date would be september 12th, but notice date would be october 27th. so you wont be losing 2 months. my package was received on 3rd from dhl shipment and they gave me 3rd as my receipt date and notice date is october 27th

I got RD same day I sent (after 7 weeks delay). However, when I checked my cas online. The RD was different than the one I received on the paper receipt. It was 6 weeks later!!!!!!!!! Please check yours and let me know

Mine is exactly like yours.

Paper RD is the correct date ( = delivered date)
"online" RD = paper notice date :)))
paper Notice date - paper RD date = 6 weeks

so, which is the the "real" one ?

cshaheen said:
I got RD same day I sent (after 7 weeks delay). However, when I checked my cas online. The RD was different than the one I received on the paper receipt. It was 6 weeks later!!!!!!!!! Please check yours and let me know

Cshaheen,

yes. message is your application is received on october 27th. that means they ate that many days deceiving us i guess. lets see when our application is adjudicated. as our dates are almost same, keep in touch through this forum so that we know the progress of each other

"Receipt" date not the "Received" date that counts

Do not count on Received date.
Receipt Date is "Notice Receipt Date" which counts.
Yes NSC is atleast 3+ weeks delayed in Response but unfortunately that delayed date is THE date.

i filed 485 on 11/1 and i do not have receipt yet.
anybody experiencing the same?
seems like some others got receipts within one week.

hmmm

katewill said:
i filed 485 on 11/1 and i do not have receipt yet.
anybody experiencing the same?
seems like some others got receipts within one week.

Yes I did the same date. 11/01 and I checked my receipt numbers from check images. On the online case status are showin they received it but no actual papar mailed to me.
I received I 765 receipt notice by mail 2 days ago. It came from Texas. In fact we sent everything to Nebraska. My case ended up in Texas..
No 485 or AP receipt notice i received so far...

I-485 Receipt received after approx 6 weeks

My wife's AOS, EAD and AP applications were sent on Oct 3rd. Today we received receipts for all three. All three are showing different Received Dates.
I-485 shows a received data of October 10 and ND of Nov 7.

The online status shows RD of Nov 6!

dilll said:
My wife's AOS, EAD and AP applications were sent on Oct 3rd. Today we received receipts for all three. All three are showing different Received Dates.
I-485 shows a received data of October 10 and ND of Nov 7.

The online status shows RD of Nov 6!
so which RD is the one to count for?

Hi, Could some one give guidance on my situation.

My case is EB3 World and priority date is June - 2002.

Labor and 1-140 is approved.
Filed (me and my wife) I-485, EAD and AP on NOV-03-2006.
Attorney told it was filed at NSC and believed to be received on NOV-06-2006

We haven't received our receipt number yet. Unfortunately my wife/baby have to go to India and we have booked ticket for NOV-29. Attorney is advising not to travel until they receive my wife receipt number.
Now I don't know whether to cancel or how long to wait. If I cancel which date to book ticket again.

How do we know the status of our case? Is there a phone number to call.
Please provide phone number and what information will be asked to check the status of our case. Any official website for details regarding this situation.

I really appreciate some one's help and thought on this situation. Thanks.

Hi Nylcyr

My application actually reached there by october 3rd and my application received date is saying october 27th. but since we are almost the same kind of application, our priority date is 18th april 2001 from india, when you receive fp notice let me know