H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

days/weeks/months

Hi H Ahuja,

It can take days to weeks to months.....

Some get soon ...some later

I hv done little calculation by reading these threads.

36% get in under 3o days...
15% get in next 30 days(60 days)
24% get in next 30 days(90 days)
14% get in next 30 days(120 days)
10% get in next 60 days(180 days)
Rest 1% takes more than 180.

I dont know how lucky we are??

Thx

Going to Ottawa - June 19; ride/accommodation share available

Depart from Princeton area in NJ Tuesday, June 19 after 9am; reach Ottawa same-day.

Car: Brand new air-conditioned Toyota Camry; Hotel reservation- Courtyard Marriott (0.3 miles from Consulate).

Return on 21 or 22 June.

Max of 2 passengers. No smoking trip.

Thank you for your interest.

Hi H Ahuja,

I have got a friend of mine stuck in similar situation in Vancouver. Do you have any updates on amount of time it would take ?

Hi,

Any criteria for delays in H1B stamping (background check) - typical time. Is it days / weeks? I will be glad if somone could share their experiences.

Stuck in Calagry

Hello Mr. Ahuja,

Any news abt yr friend who is stuck in Calgary??

Is it possible to get his email address?

I just need to check ..if he has got his I 797 back or is that still with Consulate?

You can email me at rick94102@yahoo.com

I will Really appiriciate.

Thx

Kumar

Hello,

I have been stuck in Vancouver since January 2007. No updates till date. Clearance still pending. Has anyone got visa after security clearance from Vancouver?
Thanks,
Sree

Just a little more

Hi Sree,

I am sorry to hear abt yr story,but I am sure you are gonna get it soon.

I hv seen in various threads that people who applied in Dec are gettin it now.

One of my friend who was stuck frm last week Dec got last friday.

So, Just hang on..you are almost there...

Thx

Kumar

What was the reason given to you for visa delay? Was it additional administrative processing, TLA or common name? My husband had his interview in Montreal today. He was told that his application needs re-evaluation. It is mostly because of advanced technology work that he does.
He was told that it would take 10 days. But reading the posts on the forum tell a different story. Were you told a similar thing and you haven't heard from them yet?
Please do reply.

Thanks,
Sup

Hello,

I have been stuck in Vancouver since January 2007. No updates till date. Clearance still pending. Has anyone got visa after security clearance from Vancouver?
Thanks,
Sree

YOu are almost there

Hi Wvuguy,

Be little paitient,you are almost there,

If you hv noticed the threads...most of name check cases come back around 90-100 days.

I am hope you will gv me good news next week.

Thx

Kumar

[/U][/U]

I am still waiting. More than 3 months so far.

You will have to provide more details. Are you asking whether they will put you through a new security clearence even though you have gone through it already (with prev approval - 2 or 3 year before).
If you have gone through a clearance less than year, you may not have to go thro it again. However, if the prev clearance is more than 1 year (perhaps 18 moths - others can confirm the period), then you will have to go thro it again.

hey guys

does the embassy put you through a new security clearance after you get your approval 1-129 in h1B.? thanks

Canada H1B Visa stamping Question

Hi,

My current H1 visa on my passport is valid until Oct 07. I already got the new extension (I797) and I'm planning to get it stamped in canada during June 07.

My Question is : does anybody know if that could be a problem because in June 07 my current stamped visa will be valid. I heard that US counsulate does not stamp new visa if you already have a valid stamp for next couple of months. If it is nearing in few weeks then its ok.

Please help
Thanks.

Successful stamping at Ottawa, Canada

Hi All,

This forum is very good and helped me to prepare myself for the revalidation.
I got stamped on May 29th, i hardly spent 3-4 minutes at the interview.
This was my situation before revalidation:
1. Never left the country (US) for the past 9 years
2. The last stamping was in Chennai at 1998
3. I-94 expired on May 2000.
4. Never out of status
5. Six years of H1 expired
6. Approved I140

Since me and my family were well settled here, we were very confused/worried to go and get our stamping, we took all the documents and i even took all my 9 years paystubs, W2 and IT returns.

When our name was called to our suprise the officer practically never asked me anything other few simple questions and issued the red receipt (meaning the visa is approved)

Officer: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Good morning officer
Officer: Is this your family?
Me: Yes
Officer: How long you been in states?
Me: blah blah
Officer: What does your company do
Me: blah blah....
Officer: What do you do?
Me: blah blah
Officer: Please give me your company letter
Officer: Please come tomorrow at 3 PM and collect your PP

That's all, we spent more than 2 minutes only for finger print, I think the point is be confident and go well prepated with all supporting documents and i think it will be successful.

Good luck
Jugal

Vancouver in July'07 for stamping.Need Help!

Hi All,

This forum is really good place to get the info.
I have couple of questions on my visit please help me get confidence.

Qs:

1. My current visa & I-94 expires on sep'07. I got new H1 with new Employer. If any case I got issue in my stamping can i reenter with old visa & I-94. Because my prev employer said he revoked and sent H1 back to INS.

2. My Wife will not get understand the american english as she is undergraduate. Is it risky to go to canada? if she comes with me(H1 Applicant) what type of questions will be asked to her??

please help me !!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

sath

stuck in calgary

Hi,

I am stuck in Calgary since 30th of may.
H1-b. Master in chemestry (US)

They gave me a white piece of paper, where it said that i need to bring my resume and all list of my publications.

Could you please tell me about your case?

my e-mail: andreydelmar@gmail.com

Hi Friends,

Is any one stuck in Calgary,who is interested in sharing accomodation.I am waiting for visa stamping for past 18 days.

You may email me at (rick94012 at yahoo dot com). We can take it from there.

Thx

stuck in Calgary

Hi,

They gave me a white piece of paper, where it said that i need to bring my resume and all list of my publications.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I don't mean to be rude at all. I notices that you had spelled Chemistry wrong. If you had the same typo in your application, it might make one wonder if you really are in that field. That might trigger suspicion of fraud. So, to see if you are really a chem graduate....

It appears that they are trying to check your educational background that anything else. That combined with your typo makes me think of the above.

Again, I am just hypothesizing and nothing more..

If it is just a question of checking educational background, it should not take more time.. So, hang in there, the pain will be over soon...Good Luck.
Ela
Hi,

my e-mail: andreydelmar@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your response. I just was very pissed and therefore made mistake in the word chemistry. Actually I indicated the word chemistry right in the application. They said that it can take a couple of days or 2 or 4 weeks. So I just wonder if they send my case to Washington or just call to the university where I got my Master in Chemistry.

First of all, I don't mean to be rude at all. I notices that you had spelled Chemistry wrong. If you had the same typo in your application, it might make one wonder if you really are in that field. That might trigger suspicion of fraud. So, to see if you are really a chem graduate....

It appears that they are trying to check your educational background that anything else. That combined with your typo makes me think of the above.

Again, I am just hypothesizing and nothing more..

If it is just a question of checking educational background, it should not take more time.. So, hang in there, the pain will be over soon...Good Luck.
Ela

Last edited by a moderator: