H1 Visa stamping experience- Canada

security clearance

I was interviewed on 2/28 in Toronto and my case was sent for clearance. Have not heard anything back yet.

Hi All,

my H1B stamping in passport expires in OCtober 2007, but i have H1 approval notice until 2009. so i want to go to Canada for stamping. Can anyone help which place in eastern is safe to attende for stamping, i have 3 years degree only with PGDCA.

And, how early i should attend ? can i attend in june or july or should i wait until Octoer comes? please help me

can any one help me in this issue

appointment for H1 in Ottawa

I have appointment in Ottawa on 16th May for H1 visa revalidation.Any latest information would be helpful.Through forum I learnt that there was outage for 4-5 days is it done. Any precaustions I am travelling by road.
I am applying for the extension second time(this time for 3 yrs),first in Canada last year I had been to Bahamas.
Do I have carry any documents related to I-140.

Thanks
Amar

Successful stamping in Ottawa in mid-April

Its time to give back to the community with my success story :) I got my third 3 year extension for H1b in Ottawa in mid-April. My interview was scheduled for 9.30am on Monday so I reached Ottawa on Sunday afternoon. I stayed at the Econo Lodge downtown which is about 20 min walk from the embassy. The hotel is what you would expect for $63/night. There are tons of places to eat near by and also a mall.

I reached the embassy at 8.45am but the guard made me wait outside till 9.15am. I was called for the interview around 10.30am and the VO just asked me some questions like:
How long have you been working for company X?
Have they filed for your GC?
Show me the papers for H1b petition.
Employment letter and paystubs.

He asked me to come at 3pm the next day to pick up the passport. I faced some issues at immigration while entering the US. The immigration officer questioned me for 30 minutes about how I could be on H1b after my initial 6 years. I explained about GC filing etc.

Overall, the stamping was a very positive experience as I was very nervous after reading through this forum.

thanks friend, very useful info. an i am 3 year degree holder with PGDAC from NIIT. ny speacial information about stampin location ? i have posted one quote to help this just above 3 qutoes

Hi Friends,

I had my interview on 30 apr in Calgary.

VO just asked 2 questions.

1)What does yr company do?
2)whats the status of you GC aaplication.

I had my earlier H1 stamped frm India.

He said Additional checks are required in this case.and we will call you or email you

I carry non muslim name and is frm India.

Has anyone gone thru this situation and how long it takes to get call.

I am in desperate situation in Calgary.

Any suggestion or coment will be appriciated

vikram25,
Thank you for your posting.
I would appreciate if you could answer one more question,
Did the answer for "Have they filed for your GC?" question matter?
My mother holds her green card and she will be a US citizen next year, and she has filed a petition for me for GC, but I am not sure if that will not get me the visa, even though the H1-B is a dual intent visa.
Thanks.

Hi All,

my H1B stamping in passport expires in OCtober 2007, but i have H1 approval notice until 2009. so i want to go to Canada for stamping. Can anyone help which place in eastern is safe to attende for stamping, i have 3 years degree only with PGDCA.

And, how early i should attend ? can i attend in june or july or should i wait until Octoer comes? please help me

I am not sure, but I read somewhere in another forum on this website that you can apply about 60 days before the existing stamping expires, so probably August should be fine. They just cancel your existing visa if not expired and issue another one.

I have heard that Ottawa is one of the easiest in Canada to get a visa.

Hope it helps.

stamping in canada

Hello,
Is there anybody who is on workpermit in CAnada and going for H1b visa stamping or already gone for it ?
Please share your experience...

Thanks

H4 To H1 Stamping in Vacouver or any where in Canada

Did any one get successful stamping in Canada from H4 to H1B . Working on H1B for over an year. I am from India.

Thanks
Raj

I am not sure, but I read somewhere in another forum on this website that you can apply about 60 days before the existing stamping expires, so probably August should be fine. They just cancel your existing visa if not expired and issue another one.

I have heard that Ottawa is one of the easiest in Canada to get a visa.

Hope it helps.

thanks friend, good information.

Successful Stamping

Did any one get successful stamping in Canada from H4 to H1B . Working on H1B for over an year. I am from India.

Thanks
Raj

Successfullt got my 3 year H1 stamped on April 12.

1. Got Canadian Visa from NYC (just take US Consulate letter , make sure you carry correct change for VISA FEE)

2. flew to Montreal (short flight, great city, Canadian immigration was a breeze)

3. stayed at Travelodge Hotel on Blvd Rene Levesque right by St Catherine St.. (Consulate is on the corner of Rue St Alexandre and Blvd Rene Levesque) . If taking cab nearest landmark is Rue Bleury and Rene Levesque

4. Got there at 9, security check (they have boxes dowstairs for stuff they wont let u in with..just dont carry laptops etc)

5. Got number , paid App Fee , was called for interview . Please carry all documents if you can (1-129 especially)

6. How long have you worked for this company (Fortune 5 comp.) ? Did they do your GC ? Why is another company doing your GC (Future Employment GC) ? Is that company owned by a family member ? (No) pulls up google and searches ... says well sir its upto you , just dont leave Fortune 5 and join these small companies ... Please collect your visa tommorrow

7. then went to basilica notre dame and vieux montreal , nice places ... make sure to walk on st catherine st

8. be there next day at 3 PM ..collect visa

9. took shuttle to airport CAD 13 (cab takes CAD 40)

Good luck !!!

Re: Successful stamping in Ottawa in mid-April

Hi Vikram,

Can you please share what questions did the immigration officer ask you? 30 mins sounds a lot, I am planning to go to Canada in June. I am in my 7th year on H1B and planning to come back using my AP as my 7th year H1 is still pending.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Raas

H4 TO H1B visa stamping in Canada

Hi Bazuka, Thanks for your response.

Did you get it stamped from H4 to H1B?

Is this your first H1B stamping ?

I will appreciate if you can clarify my questions

Thanks
Raj

URGENT visitor visa for canda

I have a multiple entry V1 visa for canda.Is this good enough when i travel to canda this thursday for stamping.
Do i need some other special visa to travel to canada to get my H1 stamped.
Pl. let me know.This is very urgent.
I am flying to canada this wednesday.

Thanks in advance

H1B visa stamping in Canada - Am I eligible?

I am from India and currently working in US on H1B visa for the past 7 years.
I hold a masters degree from India.

My first H1B visa was stamped in India but it is on my old passport which expired. The second H1B visa stamp currently on my passport expired on Jan 2005 and I had renewed it over here in US by mailing it to St. Louis. which was possible to do in 2003.

I would like to know if i can go to canada for renewing my visa. I am planning to do my 8th year extension.

Thanks

Stamping security check in Canada

Hi Guys,
I got my H1 stamped first time from , New Delhi India (F1 TO H1) and had to wait for 6 months for security back ground check (most horrible time of my life). Now I plan to goto get my second stamping in Canada. Does anyone know if they will ask for backgroung check again. Also my passport expires in 8 months so will they stamp my passport of I have to wait 2 more months to get it renewed. Please help.

you can renew your passport right away and then consider stamping. I do not know whether you will need background check all over again. Yeah, it is horrible getting stuck for 6 months.
all the very best.
Hi Guys,
I got my H1 stamped first time from , New Delhi India (F1 TO H1) and had to wait for 6 months for security back ground check (most horrible time of my life). Now I plan to goto get my second stamping in Canada. Does anyone know if they will ask for backgroung check again. Also my passport expires in 8 months so will they stamp my passport of I have to wait 2 more months to get it renewed. Please help.

Hi there,
I am guessing that your background check was based on TAL (tech alert list). If you happen to fall under certain branches such as pure science, computer security, etc, they do a background check. If that is the case, you will have to go thro the check again!!. Check online to see the validity period of the check. I think they were proposing 2 years. In otherwords, you don't have to go thro it if you applied again in 2 years. You need to research this.
There are two types of checks. One is background check and the other one where they simply check your documents. If they checked your docs last time then they may not do it again. However, if they put you through background check last time and it has been more than 2 years, you will have to go through it again.

thanks
ela
Hi Guys,

Hi there,
I am guessing that your background check was based on TAL (tech alert list). If you happen to fall under certain branches such as pure science, computer security, etc, they do a background check. If that is the case, you will have to go thro the check again!!. Check online to see the validity period of the check. I think they were proposing 2 years. In otherwords, you don't have to go thro it if you applied again in 2 years. You need to research this.
There are two types of checks. One is background check and the other one where they simply check your documents. If they checked your docs last time then they may not do it again. However, if they put you through background check last time and it has been more than 2 years, you will have to go through it again.

thanks
ela

Here is a link to a page I found under travel.state.gov on the Tech Alert List. Hope it helps.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/SAO/Special Clearance Cable/Special Clearance Cable.htm