Georgia SESA Tracker

Re: re: jcheng

Thanks. But what is PD and category? I did a search for 245(i) and I am glad to find out that Congress didn't pass another extension for it.

re:jcheng / visa number retrogress

please post your PD (priority date), category, meaning EB1, 2 or 3, RIR or non-RIR. RIR means reduction in recruitment.

I learned from murthychat and shusterman newsletter that visa number might retrogress some time next year. Anybody heard that? If that happens, it could negatively impact our cases. We might have to wait a lot longer.

I heard that it won't retrogress in next year. But either way, what we can do, except wait.

See this attached
Updated 11/05/2002: DOS Reportedly Predicts No Retrogression For EB-Visa Numbers

AILA has reported that DOS does not anticipate that the immigration visa numbers for employment-based cases will retrogress until September 30, 2003 or even until September 30, 2004, except that the unskilled category can experience backlog depending on development of the situation. Meanwhile, family-based visa numbers are reportedly to move forward in more rapid pace in the next several months. Apparently, the prediction is based on the slow-down of the INS 485 application processings and the visa posts' processing delays owing to the time-consuming security checks.

News on PERM

Immigration News Flash
December 20, 2002

PERM Regulations
The Department of Labor has recently announced that the projected release of the regulations implementing the PERM labor certification process will be in April 2003. The PERM process will automate and streamline the labor certification process. Please review previous GT News Flash for more information on the program. The regulations would then take effect in July 2003.

http://www.gtlaw.com/practices/immigration/news/2002/12/20b.html

Folks, if you find any news about PERM, please post. We have been waiting here in the darkness for so long. Maybe PERM is the ultimate hope.

My LC(SESA) was filed in Aug 2001,
Received receipt in Feb 2002, still waiting for SESA
clearance. Could anybody tell me how many days
it take to clear April 2001 cases. Can anybody agree
on atl01's description.

My Case

My LC application was sent at the end of August, 2001 to GA SESA. Still Waiting. EB 2. RIR. No receipt or acknowlegement received.

Here is what ATL01 said early Nov (put here for the reference and discussion):

"
new update
My supervisor just called GA SESA about "when they can clear out 4/30/2001 cases and move to May?" Here is the response, "there are about 3000+cases filed on 4/30/01, and we have several hundred left, we are processing about 80 cases per week. It might take 6 mth to 1 year to move to the end of May cases."

I think the estimate of 6-12 mth might be overstating. When you examine the response more closely, there are in total 3000 cases, and just assume there is 1000 left, that means they have processed 2000 in 4 months (from July through Oct.) at a rate of 500/month. At this rate, they could finish 4/30/01 cases by the end of Dec. or Jan. considering the Holiday months. Further assume May 01 as a normal month, then by Feb. GA SESA could move into May cases.

Please folks, if your HR is ignorant of these issues impacting our life in a great deal, just ask your direct supervisor, given if he or she cares for you, call GA SESA. They will release information to the employer since the employer is the petitioner in LC process.

"

Atl01 or Z2,

Do you have any updates? If Z2's case got transferred, please let us know - that'll be really encouraging ...

Thanks,

Shelfd

A dummy question...

I understand LC is the first step of green card....but what is the use of LC except for that? How would I benefit from it if for some reason I don't or I couldn't go for I-140?

Try to talk to the supervisor in the labor department. He/She may tell you some more information.

Sad

I work for a small company that has no labor department at all :((

Originally posted by atlgc
Try to talk to the supervisor in the labor department. He/She may tell you some more information.