Georgia SESA Tracker

Long time, no news out of GA.

My application was filed with GA DOL on December 05, 2003.
EB2 RIR.

For all the people frustrated by the long waiting times at DOL, I approached my employer in July 2001 to start my green card process, and it took them 2.5 years to get to this day. Beaurocracy, lay-offs, stupidity are a few reasons attributing to the delay. I guess no matter how bad things are, it can always be worse. So stay positive.

Hi,

My company & attorney just ran one job advertisement in IT career magazine and posted the requirement in office notice board for my LC filed in Georgia. But some of friends telling me that one advt has to be posted on web also. We haven't done that. Is it necessary?

My attorneys ran two ads, one in a local newspaper, one in a national magazine plus the notice on the premises. Nothing I have seen so far suggests a "requirement"for web posting. Mine was filed in GA as well.

Any October/November/December approvals from GA SESA? According to the trend at GA SESA, they should be getting to December cases now.

--
GA SESA Date: Dec 05, 2003

Receipt Notice...

My attorney filed the LC on 12/18/03 and he has not received any acknowledgement of receipt yet. Do you know, usually how long it takes?

Also, would guys be interested in posting some sort of a GA-LC Tracker. Suggested format will be somthing like this.

User Date-LC-applied Ack-Received LC-Approved
Srini 12/18/03

You will receive your GA SESA case number only when they forward the case to Atlanta DOL for the regional processing. As per the current processing time your case would be processed in a month or so.

Hi Mickey_32,

My friend's case has been forwarded to ATL DOL for regional processing on Feb'3rd 2004. His case was filed at Georgia SESA on Nov'21st 2003.

Not a very exciting proposition, but what can you do........hopefully we will see some changes over the next year as far as processing times are concerned. After all it hasn't been that long when GA state level processing times were as long as 15-18 months.

GA SESA

My LCA was filed on 9/29 (RIR), still waiting for state aproval. Anybody got their state labour approved that's filed in Oct? Thanks.