From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

Questions regarding adding fiance\'s name in Pkt-3

Can U add U\'r fiance\'s name in Pkt-3.. And get married before
the interview & get marriage certificate.. So that both get the interview dates together??

Please let me known about it..

I am with santhecat

The email that I got from the US consulate in Delhi is that they will need it from Fab 2002. Please check my previous postings. They clearly write that "it will be required after Jan 2002".

This is a completely new story that you are telling us!!!

New Delhi consulate says that PCC issued by Indian consulate at US is NOT acceptable...

God knows how many stories we will listen on this!!!!

Talked to Mumbai

I talked to Mumbai today and asked about PCC. Initially the guy said local police, then I asked him how this was possible if I am in the US. He then said, if you are in the US get it from the Consulate which has jurisdiction over you. When I asked if this was the only thing required, he said yes. But until something is posted on their web site or we get a offical letter, I dont think anyone can know for sure.

PCC REFUSED from REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE IN INDIA (attn. SUDHIRKUMAR)

Hi guys, I filled out the PCC form that SudhirKumar got from the passport.nic.in site with my father over the phone. My father then took the form to the REGIONAL passport office in mumbai with a copy of my passport. But he was refused police clearance.

THEY SAID THE PERSON REQUESTING THE PCC HAS NOT BEEN LIVING IN INDIA FOR A FEW YEARS. THEY SAID WE DON\'T GIVE PCC TO SUCH PEOPLE BECAUSE WE CANNOT INVESTIGATE THEIR RECORD ABROAD WHICH APPARENTLY THE INDIAN CONSULATE CAN BECAUSE AS A NON-IMMIGRANT IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG HERE (LIKE A FELONY) THE US POLICE/STATE DEPT WILL REPORT IT TO THE CONSULATE.

Anyways the bottomline is they refused to even accept the application for the PCC even after my father spent quite a while haggling with the officer at the window and explaining them the situation. They said ask him to go the consulate. My dad asked how long does he have to live in India before he can apply for PCC. they said the address he provides for his current reesidence should be verifiable i.e., the local police station should be able to confirm that the said person has been living at this address with creating any problems and talk to him at that address if need be. (they come looking for you and if you are not in they will leave a note requesting you to come to the local police station to see them to get the police clearance.)

However my father met some dalal outside the office on his way out. (The dalal had overheard what was going on.) And he said that for a certain some of money he can have the passport office process my application (whatever that means!) and get a PCC. Of course, my dad refused which I think was the right thing to do.

BUT I am terribly confused now. What to do? This whole PCC mess is getting me very upset. My family was also getting very upset. Has anyone else had similar experience? Any successes?

Anyone has any ideas?

bullu

Bullu singh new. Thanks a lot for your efforts. Looks like someone needs to educate them.

If only they realise that the PCC from Indian Consulate in US is the only legal document that can be procured, the
  better for all of us.

HELP - H2 get PCC

My interview is in Jan at the Mumbai Consulate.

Having completed 6 years in the US on H1, I transferred to the UK and have been here for the last 1 year. I have got the PCCs from UK so that is covered. But now from where do I get the PCC for US/India?

Per the various posts, Regional Passport Office and Local Police Stations are not issuing PCC, and it has to be from the Indian Consulate.

When in US, I had got a new passport from SFO but my wife\'s passport was issued in Mumbai.

Which consulate should I go to ? SFO or London or ... ? How many days does it take? Do they need original passport ? Will they mail the PCC to an address in India ? Any experiences ? I am leaving from London on the 24th Dec so do not have many days?

Please HELP!!!!!

Cheers
DJ

DJ and Raj H

DJ,
Nobody knows any answers at this time.
There is no official communicator from the consulate yet.
I can onlly suggest that you get a PCC from a local police station when you go to India. Obviously applying at the SFO consulate seems to be out of the question for you. You will most probably need to show the original passport to get a PCC from there.
You can also check with the regional passport issuing authority in India and see if they can issue a PCC for you.
Raj H,
At Chicago, you can apply in person. You need not deposit original passport. Just make copies of all pages. Also take the original in case they need to verify.
Lady said minimum of 45 days. I am leaving on 26th so no chance that I will get it before that. I will take the receipt to the interview and will try to obtain PCC from local police and/or regional pp issuing authority (which is Pune for me).
I\'m having my folks check at the consulate in Mumbai in person tomorrow and hopefully this will shed more light on the issue. Will post on Tuesday.
Good luck guys
MJ1

PCC from CGNY

Folks,

I just observed that on Page 2 of the \'Application For Miscellaneous Services\', the check box corresponding to Police Clearance Certificate says \'(Issued only on clearance from authorities in India)\'.

May be we are better off if we take with us to the interview, a photocopy of this completed application form which we submit at the Indian Consulate.

Just my 2 cents.

Cannot get PCC in India

My parents went to the Local police station for PCC. They Directed them to the Regional passport office . My parents spoke with the people in passport office and as per the people in passport office they cannot issue a PCC if u have been residing in US. One has to get the PCC from US only from Indian Emabassy/Consulate
I have also asked my parents to call the US consulate in new Delhi to get details about the interview date and if dates are know to collect the packet 4 . Once packet 4 is recvd I will come to know if PCC is required ..will post more after I have the details

I had applied for the PCC in Washington DC wherethey charged $11.00 forthe form and $20 .00 for the telex ...and told me to call by phone after 30 days as my passport was issued in NewDelhi for PCC.

Spoke to Delhi Embassy last night.

The lady says that they are putting information in the P4 regarding getting the PCC from India. She said that the info in P4 will help us in getting the PCC\'s. When I asked her the details, she said wait for the P4 then you will know.

I also told her that a lot of people have approached the police station and passport office and they have been told that we cannot get PCC issued since we are living in USA. To thuis she said that the info in p4 will help us getting the PCC from India.
She sounded as if they have worked out a way with the local resources to issue the PCC\'s at short notice with the P4 info. So guys the sooner one of us gets the P4, the better we can plan for it.

Delhi interview dates not out yet. My P3 in system on NOv 9th.

I\'ve got PCC from local police station for my wife

Hi guys
I have got PCC for my wife issued from local police station in India. It doesnot say that she lives there. All it says is she lived till so & so date and there is no adverse info on her and they\'re issuing PCC for green card purposes. Would that help(she doesnot have PCC from Indian Consulate in US yet, we\'ve applied last week but it will take 30 days).

Congrats! V Suresh

Details of the process please. Did u have any contacts? Are there any forms required or just a application on a plain piece of paper.

Regarding the sufficiency of this PCC. No one knows for sure. See my post just above yours. The Embassy says P4 will have details of the requirements.

SudhirKumar

A letter on a plain paper signed by wife(saying I lived at so & so place from date to date. Plz issue PCC as it is required for immigration purposes). and the PCC said she lived upto so & so date has no adverse information.

I also called US consulate New Delhi yesterday night & here is what they told :

I tried to tell them that passport office is refusing to issue PCC(for people living in USA) until they get a formal request from Indian embasssay in US. They said that they are putting up some soft of form in the P4 which we will have to take to passport office & hence they will issue us the PCC.

It seems that P4 is getting modified & a separate letter is being included which will ask the passport office to issue PCC for the applicant.

NOW : the question is once we take this letter to passport office, how much time they would take to issue PCC ? I tried calling the passport office & asked this question but they were unable to answer.

Another update : US consulate told that they need both the PCCs. From passport office & local poloce station. They have refused to accept the PCC issued by Indian embassay at US.

I hope things are getting clear now.

Thanks
Vishal