From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

Text of PCC from lcal Police station?

Can anyone post the text content of PCC from local Police station? My local police station in India doesn\'t know about PCC. They ask my father to get the text(what should be written ) and they will issue PCC. Pls. help....

Mumbai vs. Delhi

Looks like many who called Mumbai (including me) were told that PCC from Consulate in the US was acceptable while Delhi seems to say it is not. Has anyone who called Mumbai heard otherwise?

Re: Vishal Gupta: I also called US consulate New Delhi yesterday night & here is what they told

I don\' see anything from the passport office happening in less than a month unless ofcourse you bribe your way through.

The kind of letter they are talking about is nothing unusual. For example look at the Canadian immigration forms. They have a sample letter that you can provide to the FBI to get a US PCC which in turn you need to apply for Canadian GC. This stuff takes months believe me!

Did they say anything like "now we are sending you this info. once you let us know you have it, we will schedule an interview for you"?

Or maybe they got something setup with the passport offices so that people applying for US immigration will get them earlier.

Who knows? Sure looks our pain is all set to increase manifold...

P4 recd by my parents in Mumbai...

states that all visa applicants over 16 must present two Indian Police Certificates 1) from your local police station, 2) from your Regional Passport Office. When I had called last week to confirm my interview date I had asked whether the PCC from CGINY would be accepted to which she had said "Yes". I\'m hearing things to the contrary especially from the guys who have been calling the New Delhi Embassy. Jan Mumbai CPers, have any of you been told that the PCC from CGINY (or for that matter from any Indian Consular post in the US) is not acceptable? I sent in my app for a PCC to CGINY. They must have received it today, i.e., 12/10/01.

skarekat - Are there any new forms related to PCC. Are there instructions on how and from where to g

I spoke to the Delhi Embassy yesterday. I was told that the P4 will have instructions on the PCC requirements. Also from where and how to get it. The lady went so far ahead as to suggest that taking the PCC related info will help in getting the PCC.

Need more details please.

ap2001... text of PCC

Hi ap2001
The text of PCC in essence is
"Mr/Mr resident of address from date to date had no adverse information. This PCC is issued for the purpose of immigration to US". If you want exact text, give me ur phone# and I can give you a call in the evening(I don\'t have the PCC with me now...).

http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/ ... says PCC issued on the same day

Click on rules & faqs. It says PCC issued on the same day. May be we shud call the regional passport office and find out.

Re: SK: I need to find out the details about that from my parents whom I plan calling this weekend

skarekat - can you please call them earlier !? everyone is eagerly waiting to know...

Passport officer address New delhi and around

The Chief Passport Officer,
CPV Division
Ministry Of External Affairs
Patiala House, New Delhi.
Ph.# 91-11-3387104, 3384529
Fax# 91-11-3387281, 3782821
E-mail : cpoindia@mea.delhi.nic.in

Delhi (Delhi)

Regional Passport Office
Trikoot-3
Bhikaji Cama Place,
R K Puram
New Delhi

Tele : 011-6165871, 6165872
Tele : (Residence)
PASSEM: Delhi
Telx : 724003
Fax :011-6165870
Tele Enquiry:6187075

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghaziabad (UP)

Passport Office, Hapur Chungi
Hapur Road
Ghaziabad - 201002
Uttar Pradesh

Tel : 7217779
Tel : 3230965 (R)
Fax : 0575-782770
PASSEM : GHAZIABAD

!!!!PCC required!!!!

My wife received packet 4 with an additional document that said...
Important Notice : Please bring 2 Police certificates: 1 from Passport office and the other from Police station.
Category Eb3 dependent. She has never been to US

Confusions galore !!!

Folks this is really getting very confusing.
I have talked to the American Consulate in Mumbai twice, here the story

First time, I was told we need PCC from RPO & Local Police Station
Second Time I was told from Indian Consulate in SF & RPO !

Which version to beleive ? I have applied to the Indian Consulate in SF and they will take 35 days.

I have been reading the messagesm, curiosly enough no ones lawyer has a clue. Secondly, no OFFICIAL WRITTEN WORD is there and no one seems to have a definitive reply by EMAIL either. In short nothing in WRITTEN.

Given that I am scheduled for Jan, using fair means, it is only possible to get a PCC from the Consulate. I am going to stick to that.

M y two cents on this issue.