FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

Maria 1, I do understand you......I had the same problem when I applied for my PRC........my file was sent all over by NSC w/o any reason.....these trips delayed my application approval about 2 years......2 years fighting/inquiring all over.......looking for my I-485, sometimes they didn't know where it was............now I am wondering if I will face the same problem with my N400, I got fingerprinted on 10/2/09 and I haven't heard from them. It's frustrating when you have no answer.......or the service that you expect from USCIS does not meet your expectations. What next?????

Hi Spiderman - It looks like we are on the same boat. It's been more than 3 months since I sent my application and my case is stuck with the yellow letter. I called the 800 number several times and always get the same answer, that I have to wait. Only once I was able to talk to a 2nd level officer. Today, I went to my infopass appointment and was told that my case is in Lees Summit, it was very hard to listen to what this guy was saying through that thick glass and people talking to another officer right next to me. I think he said that the case in a "fileroom" and that "they" might be ready to send it to my local office which is Chicago. I got home after this appointment and called the 800 number again, this time a woman tells me that they are waiting to get some feedback from the FBI, which I don't think it's true because when I called a couple of weeks ago, I was told that they have received my fingerprints and everything was fine, but just to double check, I called the FBI today, and they assured me that the FP results were sent on the same day. I don't know what is going on with my case... It is very very very frustrating!!

Here is my time line
PD 8/13/2009
FP 9/09/2009 Done
Yellow checklist 10/13/2009

The customer service is a total mess. Every call we make, it's a different feedback. My experience from all this tells me that no one knows exactly what is our case status except the actual officer adjudicating our case at that particular step. All these 1st & 2nd level officers who serve us were given the least possible access to the system, just to show the world that they are providing meaningful customer service. I tried my best to get info but there is no point in calling them again. Couple of lawyers I spoke to suggested that I wait until January before they can take up my case.

I had no problems with my I485 application, but N400 is driving me crazy... I don't want to give up and wait months. This is so stupid, why is it that some applications are processed faster than others? why is this system so unfair? I think I am going to schedule another info pass in a couple of weeks from now.
Doesn't the yellow letter mean that our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview?

I have no experience, but I do not see how helpful the YL can be. If they need some documents for the interview date, they can incorporate with IL. I really don't understan the YL purposes????? any comments?

I received a yellow letter yesterday asking me to bring my license when i come for interview, but I have not yet received the IL. Is it common? I tried calling the 1-800 number and all that the automated message said was that my case has been transfered to a local DO office for interview, but I havent received the letter so fat

My time Line

DO: St.Paul

09/30/2009 - Application sent
10/08/2009 - Letter for FP
10/30/2009 - FP
11/15/2009 - Yellow letter

Hi Spiderman - It looks like we are on the same boat. It's been more than 3 months since I sent my application and my case is stuck with the yellow letter. I called the 800 number several times and always get the same answer, that I have to wait. Only once I was able to talk to a 2nd level officer. Today, I went to my infopass appointment and was told that my case is in Lees Summit, it was very hard to listen to what this guy was saying through that thick glass and people talking to another officer right next to me. I think he said that the case in a "fileroom" and that "they" might be ready to send it to my local office which is Chicago. I got home after this appointment and called the 800 number again, this time a woman tells me that they are waiting to get some feedback from the FBI, which I don't think it's true because when I called a couple of weeks ago, I was told that they have received my fingerprints and everything was fine, but just to double check, I called the FBI today, and they assured me that the FP results were sent on the same day. I don't know what is going on with my case... It is very very very frustrating!!

Here is my time line
PD 8/13/2009
FP 9/09/2009 Done
Yellow checklist 10/13/2009

Hi Maria,

FBI fingerprints check and the FBi name check are two differenrt things.
It might be the case that your FPs have been processed but the name check has not yet been completed.

Is there a phone number we can call for name checks? Anyway, my last name is not popular at all, this process was quick when I went through the green card process in 2003/2004, so I don't think this is what's holding up my case.
I am going to keep calling these people until I get a decent answer and I am going to schedule another infopass appointment in 2 weeks.

Is there a phone number we can call for name checks? Anyway, my last name is not popular at all, this process was quick when I went through the green card process in 2003/2004, so I don't think this is what's holding up my case.
I am going to keep calling these people until I get a decent answer and I am going to schedule another infopass appointment in 2 weeks.

Hi Maria,

It is quite possible that some new names have been added to the database since 2003/2004. I am not saying that you are stuck in the name check process. I just translated the cryptic answer that you were given by the IO. How correct is the answer nobody knows- read spiderman's experience in dealing with the IOs and you will see that sometimes the answers he gets are quite different from each other!

I made 5 calls until now and here is my experience. First call, they confirmed that all the necessary background check feedback from FBI was received. 2nd, 3rd & 4th calls, they said they do not have the ability to know from the system if the feedback is done or not. In fact, 4th call 2nd level IO asked me if I have any issue with law in the past and I said everything clean except 2 speeding tickets. Then she predicted that I should get IL soon. Then 5th call 2nd level IO said that my case looks just fine and everything is in order and she sees no problem with my case and it was the A# file waiting again. Their answers are so ambiguous that they might as well say that we should receive IL at some point because IL follows N-400 filing. Things would have been different if only GC's are allowed the voting power. :) :) Right now no agency cares what we go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made 5 calls until now and here is my experience. First call, they confirmed that all the necessary background check feedback from FBI was received. 2nd, 3rd & 4th calls, they said they do not have the ability to know from the system if the feedback is done or not. In fact, 4th call 2nd level IO asked me if I have any issue with law in the past and I said everything clean except 2 speeding tickets. Then she predicted that I should get IL soon. Then 5th call 2nd level IO said that my case looks just fine and everything is in order and she sees no problem with my case and it was the A# file waiting again. Their answers are so ambiguous that they might as well say that we should receive IL at some point because IL follows N-400 filing. Things would have been different if only GC's are allowed the voting power. :) :) Right now no agency cares what we go through.

Those are drones man. They are programmed to say "just wait". The wait is killing all of us. I have noticed that ppl who don't care about timings/delays seem to get USC quicker. Maybe we should all become like that ? My cousin applied aug 10th in Baltimore...never called 1800..did his fp 2 weeks late but he just became a citizen!! Nicee. Some ppl r lucky and some r like me n u...fp being lost..files not located!! I will pray for you!!!!

Those are drones man. They are programmed to say "just wait". The wait is killing all of us. I have noticed that ppl who don't care about timings/delays seem to get USC quicker. Maybe we should all become like that ? My cousin applied aug 10th in Baltimore...never called 1800..did his fp 2 weeks late but he just became a citizen!! Nicee. Some ppl r lucky and some r like me n u...fp being lost..files not located!! I will pray for you!!!!

That is so true. I also noticed that some applicants whom I know well, who never cared about the timelines like we do here got their citizenship in a short time. On the other hand, here we are, worried everyday and it only gets delayed. :)

Spiderman)#, did you get LUD: sen to standard interview? I don't see it in your time-line.
I got this LUD on 11/07/2009 but I haven't heard from NBC/DO. My I-485 hasn't been touched. Does NBC/DO touched every I-485? I am getting impatience, because if they don't locate my A-file it would be delay for long time...... I see people getting IL/YL 2-3 days after the LUD: sent for standard interview.

DO: San Francisco, CA
09/21/09: N-400 Mailed
10/15/09: Walk in FP
10/22/09: FP Appointment.
11/09/09: Interview Letter Received
12/03/09: Interview Date
.../../....:? OD

Spiderman)#, did you get LUD: sen to standard interview? I don't see it in your time-line.
I got this LUD on 11/07/2009 but I haven't heard from NBC/DO. My I-485 hasn't been touched. Does NBC/DO touched every I-485? I am getting impatience, because if they don't locate my A-file it would be delay for long time...... I see people getting IL/YL 2-3 days after the LUD: sent for standard interview.

There is no N-400 LUD update for me yet. Still waiting. If there a change in your LUD for N-400, then what does the case status check say? Please post details on that before I can advice something.

Spiderman03, if you see on 11/7/09 I got LUD, did you get the same? how did you get YL first. I am totally confused. Why some people get IL/YL 2-3 days after they get this LUD? what do you think? I think they don't find my A-file.

DO : NYC
09/14/2009 : N400 Received Texas
09/21/2009 : NOA Received + Cashed Check
10/01/2009 : FP Notice received
10/02/2009 : FP Done (W/I)
11/07/2009 : Sent to DO for standard interview.
11/08/2009 : LUD
11/09/2009 : LUD
11/10/2009 : LUD

Congratulations wantmygcnow.....I got the same on 12 days ago....and nothing happen yet. USCIS IS NOT CONSISTENT....WITH THE PROCESS.