FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

Spiderman03, if you see on 11/7/09 I got LUD, did you get the same? how did you get YL first. I am totally confused. Why some people get IL/YL 2-3 days after they get this LUD? what do you think? I think they don't find my A-file.

LUD's do not change for yellow CL. After giving FP, they change again only after interview was scheduled and IL issued. At the same time, USCIS do not schedule your interview if they did not find your A# file. In rare cases, the local DO will reschedule the interview if they do not receive your A# file in time. At this time you can safely assume that they found your A# file because of the LUD update for local interview. You are perfectly fine. As for the delay in receiving IL, give it until next Monday before you call 800 number and notify them that you did not receive the IL in the mail. You can also try Infopass sometime next week. Some folks who missed the IL reported getting a computer printout of interview confirmation from Infopass appointment. Infopass official can tell you the date and time of interview. That letter can be used to attend interview in case you don't receive the official IL in the mail by interview date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delay also depends on DO (& missing A# file, name check pending etc.).

In garden city Do, people who have PD in July are getting IL. Check follwoing thread:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305073

Spiderman03, if you see on 11/7/09 I got LUD, did you get the same? how did you get YL first. I am totally confused. Why some people get IL/YL 2-3 days after they get this LUD? what do you think? I think they don't find my A-file.

DO : NYC
09/14/2009 : N400 Received Texas
09/21/2009 : NOA Received + Cashed Check
10/01/2009 : FP Notice received
10/02/2009 : FP Done (W/I)
11/07/2009 : Sent to DO for standard interview.
11/08/2009 : LUD
11/09/2009 : LUD
11/10/2009 : LUD

Thanks Spiderman. I will schedule an infopass appointment for next week.
Wantmygcnow: my DO is NYC (26 Federal Plaza).

Thanks Spiderman. I will schedule an infopass appointment for next week.
Wantmygcnow: my DO is NYC (26 Federal Plaza).

When i went to infopass, the nice lady told me that some DO request interviews themselves(when fp/name check are cleared) and some are requested for them through NBC. I am assuming thats why the discrepancy as to when ppl get interview letters after a case update.

So,as per usnycus, it's about 3 months waiting time for Garden City, NYC may have the same waiting time, right?

So,as per usnycus, it's about 3 months waiting time for Garden City, NYC may have the same waiting time, right?

why dont you call 1800 number and tell them that you got this update but you are not sure about the Interview date. get transfered to the second level iO and ask them about the interview date...tell them its holidays..you are traveling...you want to see so you can make your plans. If she has an ID scheduled, she will tell you on the phone.

Wantmygcnow: Thank you. I will call tomorrow, I hope they want to transfer my call to a second level officer, I heard that sometimes the customer reps dont like to transfer the call. You know what???? I just noticed that your PR date is exactly the same as mine.

Wantmygcnow: Thank you. I will call tomorrow, I hope they want to transfer my call to a second level officer, I heard that sometimes the customer reps dont like to transfer the call. You know what???? I just noticed that your PR date is exactly the same as mine.

please add your timeline in the signature. easier to find out.

I got my IL......yesterday.......I am happy ......but it is 5 days before my 5 years...............NYC (26 federal Plaza) is moving.

My Timeline:

DO: NYC
LPR: 12/12/2004

09/12/2009: N400 sent
09/14/2009: N400 Received + Priority date
09/21/2009: NOA received + Check cleared
10/02/2009: FP Done
11/07/2009: Sent for Standard Interview
11/21/2009: IL received (No YL received)
12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza

I am wondering why I didn't receive a YL if I have a DUI on record, it happened on 06/22/3001. I have a question for the experts: I sent the original police record and court disposition, Should I bring another original documents? both documents may not be ready for the interview date, because they process it in 15 business days.

Well, good luck to those who are waiting for their IL letters.

Wantmygcnow, it is from NBC, notice date: 11/17/09 and USPS date: 11/18/09 and I received 11/21/09.

No news here. Still waiting for the IL. I called the 800 number again today, but they weren't helpful and she wouldn't transfer me to a 2nd level officer. She said that Chicago is processing cases with dates May 4... This is sooooo frustrating. A friend of mine applied 2 weeks earlier than I did and he is having his interview this week...

Wantmygcnow: CONGRATULATIONS! you got a nice Holidays gift.......your processing time is very good, so is mine I think. Good Luck!!!! I read the booklet everyday.

DO: NYC
LPR: 12/12/2004

09/12/2009: N400 sent
09/14/2009: N400 Received + Priority date
09/21/2009: NOA received + Check cleared
10/02/2009: FP Done
11/07/2009: Sent for Standard Interview
11/21/2009: IL received (No YL received)
12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza

Interview Letter dated 11.25.2009 received on 11.27.2009 - Interview on 01.05.2010
Little over 2 weeks from FP to IL is not bad. However, I would have liked the interview date to be in Dec 09 rather than Jan 2010

I have Infopass scheduled for tomorrow but I just called 800 number anyway to get an idea where my case is stuck. The 2nd level officer I spoke to was really nice this time. She told me that my case is with NBC center and not with Chicago DO or VSC or Atlanta DO like they told before. Anyway, she told me that they send a second request for my A# file on Nov 3rd after first request went on Oct 4th. She said she cannot predict when they will receive the A# file. As far as background check is concerned (which I asked), she said that she cannot see that information in the system. I guess there is no point going for the Infopass tomorrow if the case is with NBC.

Also, when I mentioned about the Chicago DO processing time of 5 months, she said that the timer starts only after the case was transferred to the local DO by NBC. Before that, NBC can take it's own time, anywhere between 6 months to 1 yr. That is exactly what she told me. So I don't understand what is all that self-congratulatory messages in the media by USCIS, like how succesfully they brought down the processing time of citizenship applications to less than 6 months. I guess NBC is a different entity and it's pre-interview processing times doesn't count in USCIS system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also called the 800 number again and spoke to a 2nd level officer. He said that Chicago DO needs to request my file and they will do that when they are ready. This process generally takes an average of 5 months, so in my case, if I haven't received the IL by 01/13, then I can call this number again and the officer can submit a status request to the Chicago DO.
I have an infopass this Friday, I'd like to see if they tell me the same thing I heard today or if there is something new to add. This is getting interesting....