FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

I have Infopass scheduled for tomorrow but I just called 800 number anyway to get an idea where my case is stuck. The 2nd level officer I spoke to was really nice this time. She told me that my case is with NBC center and not with Chicago DO or VSC or Atlanta DO like they told before. Anyway, she told me that they send a second request for my A# file on Nov 3rd after first request went on Oct 4th. She said she cannot predict when they will receive the A# file. As far as background check is concerned (which I asked), she said that she cannot see that information in the system. I guess there is no point going for the Infopass tomorrow if the case is with NBC.

Also, when I mentioned about the Chicago DO processing time of 5 months, she said that the timer starts only after the case was transferred to the local DO by NBC. Before that, NBC can take it's own time, anywhere between 6 months to 1 yr. That is exactly what she told me. So I don't understand what is all that self-congratulatory messages in the media by USCIS, like how succesfully they brought down the processing time of citizenship applications to less than 6 months. I guess NBC is a different entity and it's pre-interview processing times doesn't count in USCIS system.

Just go to the Infopass. Dont trust any word that 1800 drones say(even the 2nd level officers). Go to Infopass and demand answers!

Called US Senator's office today finally. They told me to fill up a form and fax it back to them. I just did explaning in detail about my case timeline. Now waiting to see if it works.

Please let us know if it works. I might do the same thing. I went to my info pass appt today and the woman said that I am in queue to be scheduled for an interview. She reassured me that everything looks fine, fingerprints are cleared and it is all good. She said that i have to wait until January 13th (5 months from my PD) in order for me to talk to an IO and ask for a status request. We'll see what happens.

Please let us know if it works. I might do the same thing. I went to my info pass appt today and the woman said that I am in queue to be scheduled for an interview. She reassured me that everything looks fine, fingerprints are cleared and it is all good. She said that i have to wait until January 13th (5 months from my PD) in order for me to talk to an IO and ask for a status request. We'll see what happens.

If they say you are in the queue for interview schedule, that's good news. You won't need any US representative help now. Expect your LUD change for interview anytime now, may be before next week Saturday morning. Once you get into the queue, there is no stopping anymore. I have postponed my Infopass to Dec 17th. I hope to hear good news then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called US Senator's office today finally. They told me to fill up a form and fax it back to them. I just did explaning in detail about my case timeline. Now waiting to see if it works.

Spiderman03, good to hear that you have some traction there. Do let us know of what the form contains? Have the Senator's office asked you to get in touch or what are the next steps?

Spiderman03, good to hear that you have some traction there. Do let us know of what the form contains? Have the Senator's office asked you to get in touch or what are the next steps?

It's a privacy form available at Senator Dick Durbin's website. It asks for case details including name, address, A# and my concerns. I need to sign it and fax it back to them. They they sent an acknowledgment letter in the mail. It just tells that their immigration liason will contact USCIS to pursue the matter and get back to me in a month. I am not putting too much hope in their work. Mostly they will end up hearing what I already heard from USCIS i.e waiting for A# file. Just trying all the venues available. Next is Infopass 2nd time and then, a lawyer next month by Jan 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Guys, I have my interview tomorrow at 11:15 am (NYC-Federal Plaza). I feel confident and optimistic, however I am a little nervous and excited; you can't control some human feelings. I am listening the CD for the very last time and ready for tomorrow. (I have to work today, it will help me to be distracted about my interview).

This is my time line:

DO: NYC (Federal Plaza)
09/12/2009: N400 sent
09/14/2009: N400 Received + Priority date
09/21/2009: NOA received + Check cleared
10/02/2009: FP Done
11/07/2009: Sent for Standard Interview
11/21/2009: IL received (No YL received)
12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am)

I am off tomorrow, after my interview I will post my experience. I had a DUI on 6/22/01, I didn't receive YL and my I-485 was not updated. I hope they have my A-file and ready to interview me.

Have a great weekend.

Good Morning Guys, I have my interview tomorrow at 11:15 am (NYC-Federal Plaza). I feel confident and optimistic, however I am a little nervous and excited; you can't control some human feelings. I am listening the CD for the very last time and ready for tomorrow. (I have to work today, it will help me to be distracted about my interview).

This is my time line:

12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am)

I am off tomorrow, after my interview I will post my experience. I had a DUI on 6/22/01, I didn't receive YL and my I-485 was not updated. I hope they have my A-file and ready to interview me.

Have a great weekend.

Good luck to you. We wait to read your experience.

Just curious. Anybody who filed N-400 in July '09 still waiting for the interview letter? Anyone from any DO? Please post.

Spiderman, l also have a similar situation, here is my time frame

9.9.09 - package mailed (both me and spouse)
9.14.09 - package delivered
9.16.09 - Checks cashed
9.15.09 - NOA
9.25.09 - FP Notice (both me and spouse)
10.7.09 - FP done Walk-in (both me and spouse)
11.12.09 - Yellow letter only for spouse
11.21.09 - IL only for spouse (ID is for 1/14/09)

Online status for me still show RFE, called FBI today to check on FP and was informed that they rcvd it on 10/7/09 and processed it same day and send back.

I just came back from 26 Federal Plaza (NYC) Interview was schedule at 11:15 h.
Thank you guys for your suggestions/recommendations, I will post my experience later today. I just want to head up....interview-time just 14 minutes.......NYC....14 minutes......it is unbelievable!!!!! I passed!!!! details later.....now waiting for my oath appointment letter. whoever is waiting and having issues with USCIS good luck/blessing.

12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am) PASSED!!!!!

Did you call them? If so, what's their reason for the delay? Please post.

Yea I called several time I went in for infopasss open service request and recently hired a lawyer all they tell me is that "its within normal processing time" even though the claim overall processing time is 5mnths it sux, but waiting.........................has become part of the game for some. I guess my case can be consider complicated I have been in citizenship limbo since 2007 when I applied for N600 and got denied so am sitting here with my US passport in one hand and my green card in the other hand and thousand of dollars down the drain waiting for it 2 end already!!!
------------------------------------------
N400-DO-NYC

PD 6/15/09
FP 7/10/09
YL 8/27/09

Ststus Update

Newark DO - also posted on Newark forum.. Just an update..

I got the email today "Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.". my timeline is below.

I haven't received YL, I looked at some of the post and found that most people received the YL before the status update. I am wondering wheather I might be getting a YL or I will get a IL ?. Any prediction on the when I receive the IL?. I am little oncerned on the ID as I planned some travel in mid Jan. So as soon as I know the dates I can schedule/reschedule the trips.... ...

Thanks
09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
12/09/09: Status Update (email) case has been sent for a standard interview (NO YL yet)
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

I called USCIS today and spoke to a 2nd level officer as usual. He was explaining me about the meaning of YCL (as if I don't know) and was about to hangup the phone. I quickly told him that wasn't my main concern but the interview schedule delay. Then he says, " you should receive the IL before Jan 20th". I asked him if he meant that my interview date was fixed for Jan 20th and he says, " yes, you should receive the IL before Jan 20th". The guy seem to be in a hurry to hangup the phone after that. The way he said YES, sounded like he wasn't saying yes specifically to my question. It was like, yes, you will hear something before Jan 20th. Can anybody possibly make any sense of it please?