FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

spiderman03

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have noticed that the movement from FP to IL is the main headache for several applicants and even though there are individual timelines for each DO here, I am thinking maybe it is a good idea to open a seperate thread for people who are done with FP and waiting forever to receive IL. So I am opening this thread for people who are stuck between FP & IL, irrespective of the DO they come under. If there is already a seperate thread for this stage of N-400 processing, then pardon me. If you are using this thread, please make sure to post your DO also along with other details. I also request that once you receive your IL, please post it here also while switching to your individual DO timeline for next phase. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you receive your interview letter? Has your online status been updated right away?

I think it was October 16 when I received my IL. Online status changed rightway and changed for 5 days in a row with the same message.

Me & my spouse are in the same situation. It is more than 1 & half month to FP no IL even no yellow letter as yet.

DO: Newark, NJ
08/22/2009: N400 Fedexed to Lewisville, TX
08/24/2009: N400 received by USCIS
08/24/2009: Reciept Date/Priority Date
08/26/2009: Checks cleared
08/26/2009: Notice Date
08/31/2009: NOA arrived
09/05/2009: Online status & emails on RFE (FP?) notice mailed on 09/03/2009
09/08/2009: FP Notices dated 09/04/09 received Scheduled for 09/18/09
09/09/2009: Walk-in FPs done at Elizabeth:eek:

Something funny to read. Early morning 3 AM today my cell phone started beeping with a text message. I was so excited that it should be an update from USCIS because I wasn't expecting text messages from anyone else at that time of the day. Anyway, I open the cell and I see it from "6161". I though it is from USCIS regarding my IL but I was terribly disappointed to see that the message is from American Express. Long back I turned ON this setting in my Amex account where it will send an alert reminding me of pending bill payment due date. That's what it is. I wake up in the morning and turned OFF every mobile alert setting that I can remember, except from USCIS. :) :) :)

I got some update regarding my case and I would like to share it here with others. It might give an idea how NBC process our applications and why some files move faster than others. I called the cutomer support and told her that it was more than 2 months since I gave FP and no IL even though I received the YCL and I am concerned about the delay. She asked if the YCL doesn't have the interview date on it and I said no. Then she said it is wrong :) :) and that she will escalate my case to an IO. She did and I spoke to a 2nd officer (propably an actual IO this time). The lady sounded old but polite. She asked for my case number, verified personal information and she told me that the NBC center requested my file from a different office on Oct 4th and as soon as they receive my file, they will schedule my interview. Then I asked when they are expecting the file or how long does it take normally to receive the file. She said she cannot predict it but normally some files sit in a different center and they have to request the files and only when they receive it, then can schedule the interview. She also admitted that sometimes requesting these files can take much longer for some applicants than others and that's why we see some delay in receiving IL. Anyway, I thanked her and now waiting for NBC to receive my file from wherever it is sitting right now. It's been 18 days already and hoping that NBC receives my file now. I guess USCIS should give us the option of carrying those files from one office to another office to quicken the process. I don't mind driving there, pick the file and drop it at NBC :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After I read your post, I called uscis, too. The 2nd level officer told that the interview date has not been sceduled yet. When I asked how long I have to wait, she told that NYC now is processing applications submitted in April. This is sooo not true, as I see from this forum that people filed later than April have had their interviews and already received passports. Well... I'm not cancelling my infopass for Tuesday morning. Maybe this visit will expedite the tortorous waiting...

Something funny to read. Early morning 3 AM today my cell phone started beeping with a text message. I was so excited that it should be an update from USCIS because I wasn't expecting text messages from anyone else at that time of the day. Anyway, I open the cell and I see it from "6161". I though it is from USCIS regarding my IL but I was terribly disappointed to see that the message is from American Express. Long back I turned ON this setting in my Amex account where it will send an alert reminding me of pending bill payment due date. That's what it is. I wake up in the morning and turned OFF every mobile alert setting that I can remember, except from USCIS. :) :) :)

This must have been most exiting and most dissapointing experience at the same time! :D

This is very disappointing.

If this is true we may not see IL for another 3 months :mad:

After I read your post, I called uscis, too. The 2nd level officer told that the interview date has not been sceduled yet. When I asked how long I have to wait, she told that NYC now is processing applications submitted in April. This is sooo not true, as I see from this forum that people filed later than April have had their interviews and already received passports. Well... I'm not cancelling my infopass for Tuesday morning. Maybe this visit will expedite the tortorous waiting...

This is very disappointing.

If this is true we may not see IL for another 3 months :mad:

This can't be true! I believe she looked at time line online! (there as of AUGUST 31 2009 Processing Time frame for NYC is April 3 2009). I asked her does it mean that I have to wait 3 months, she said that it's hard to predict. It might take from few weeks to few months :mad:.

I hope you are right :)

This can't be true! I believe she looked at time line online! (there as of AUGUST 31 2009 Processing Time frame for NYC is April 3 2009). I asked her does it mean that I have to wait 3 months, she said that it's hard to predict. It might take from few weeks to few months :mad:.

In my last call before today, the IO gave me a much worse answer. She said that some applicants actually wait for 6 months to an year to receive IL after FP. That is not entirely true. They tend to quote the rarest cases that get stuck for years. They just give those standard answers without actually helping us with specific details. I am assuming that in user "USNYCUS" case, he is in the same position as mine. NBC must have requested his file too and waiting for that office to send it to NBC. The IO told me today that is the only scenario when it gets delayed. The worst thing about my situation is, even NBC is helpless at this stage until they get that file. No matter how many times I call now after this minute, NBC response will be the same i.e file requested and waiting for it.

I am wondering now if anybody (by accident) knows how long these file transfers will take between one office and another. I will be surprised if this info was posted by someone already.

FP done today.....question

Me and my wife did our FP's today. I know there are bunch of you guys(gurus rather) ahead of me in the queue:D....but you can count us in too.

Considering spiderma03's feedback, I have prepared myself to go into a mental hibernation for the upcoming cold season. Hopefully, will get the IL by the time I come out of my hibernation...:p

Question: Typically how many weeks does it take to get the YL from the date of FP?

Cheers,
speedy