FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

Someone posted earlier that national storage facility is in Lee's summit, MO

Also, check :

http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d0785high.pdf

I think NBC is also located in Lee's Summit, MO. So, they couldn't manage to get my A# file located in the same city for the past 18 days? :confused::confused: It is also possible that my A# file is with Nebraska Service Center or Chicago DO where my I-485 was processed the last time in 2004. Looks like NBC creates a T-file (temporary file) for everyone from the time N-400 petition was received by the lockbox until FP feedback from FBI and then they merge it with A# file, then schedule the interview with local DO and send the A# file to local DO before the interview date. Looks like my T-file is ready with the necessary FP feedback and now waiting for A# file. It makes sense.

On a ligther note...my FP experience today...

Below is my FP experience today...

Our appointment was scheduled at 12pm, here in Charlotte, NC ...we reached there at 11.40am. There was absolutely not a single soul other than the FP staff. All the 5 of them were just sitting idle (there weren't even fleas for them to swat). We filled out the forms and went to the checkin counter in like 5 min. The FP lady was professional (but she was absolutely silent...not one smile/squeak, no nothing...was kinda freaky. May be she is in the halloween spirit already). Anyways, because of the fall weather , my two middle fingers have gone rough and the skin is kinda chaffing at couple of spots. She took the prints, re-did some fingers few more times as the quality was coming up less than 65%. I noticed that she was getting a bit exasperated with the middle fingers. I was ready to show her the two fingers :p(I mean the chaffed spots...) but decided against it. I did notwant to p**s her off in any way. At least on one occasion, I think she overwrote with her QC code for one
of the other fingers (the quality wasn't that bad...if I remember correctly it was probably in the high 60 percentile). All this took about 20-25 min and we were done by around 12.10 - 12.15 and off to lunch with our 100 questions booklets.

My wife got a much better FP lady....she atleast explained what she was doing....and there was some small talk going on.

Hopefully, our FP's quality is good and come out ok through the check. Hopefully the FBI/USCIS won't decide to show me their chafed middle fingers :):p
Cheers,
Speedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife did our FP's today. I know there are bunch of you guys(gurus rather) ahead of me in the queue:D....but you can count us in too.

Considering spiderma03's feedback, I have prepared myself to go into a mental hibernation for the upcoming cold season. Hopefully, will get the IL by the time I come out of my hibernation...:p

Question: Typically how many weeks does it take to get the YL from the date of FP?

Cheers,
speedy

Every case is different for USCIS. It's possible that they get your A# file faster and your interview scheduled earlier than mine. The clue is, if you get IL within a month after giving FP, then u r lucky and with the flow. Otherwise, it could most likely be a 2 to 3 month waiting period for IL from the time you gave FP. That's what I noticed.

I got some update regarding my case and I would like to share it here with others.
Spiderman, this clarifies things a lot. Now it makes sense why some cases wait longer. People who move faster in the system might have their A file located in MO and in one piece while some people's A file is at different location(s) and the request to get the A file transferred most probably goes in a queue as well (and I bet file transfer queue has a lower priority than hundreds of other queues USCIS has :rolleyes:).

My thoughts

Based on the information I was given by IO today and further research online, I guess this is how USCIS process our petitions. Please check the link at the end of my message

1) Applicant mails petition to lockbox (maintained by a private contractor)
2) Private contractor determines the basic eligibility of the applicant to file the petition, cashes the check and does data entry
3) NBC takes over, does preliminary review, creates T-file (temporary file), prints case receipt for applicant
4) NBC send RFE to applicant if any additional documents are needed
5) NBC orders FP notice
6) Applicant finishes FP and it goes to FBI
7) FBI sends feedback to NBC
8) NBC requests A# file from “SOME” location
9) NBC simultaneously prints the check list and mail it to applicant for advance interview preparation (this step is not particularly fixed)
10) NBC receives A# file from the location where our A# file is currently sitting
11) NBC merges T# file with A# file, does one final review of the application to make sure everything is in order including FBI feedback
12) NBC then puts A# file in the SCHEDULING QUEUE for the corresponding DO we come under (this is a systems communication from NBC to local DO that this guy’s file is ready for interview now)
13) Depending on the work load, the local DO people will access the queue and determines the interview date and time and approves it. That’s why some DO’s are faster in IL scheduling than other. Local DO’s with larger immigrant population tend to be slow compared with other DO’s who see very few petitions a month.
14) NBC prints the IL and mail it to the applicant
15) NBC simultaneously mails the A# file physically to the local DO, in time for the interview
16) Applicant receives the IL and goes for the interview

I guess I am stuck at level 8. Also, check this out

http://www.usa-immigration-law.com/uploads/NBC_Issues.pdf

Good Research work Spiderman03

I am wondering why NBC has to receive the A# file from a “location” which would be the same where they would be returning it for Interview (discussed in serial # 15) – to the same DO of the applicant from where it was collected by NBC, unless previous DO was different from the current DO?

Good Research work Spiderman03

I am wondering why NBC has to receive the A# file from a “location” which would be the same where they would be returning it for Interview (discussed in serial # 15) – to the same DO of the applicant from where it was collected by NBC, unless previous DO was different from the current DO?

Once DO finishes I-485 processing & passport stamping of GC, it is possible that they send the A# file to some central repository while producing the physical green card. So nobody knows where our A# file ends once we get our GC. I guess USCIS doesn't bother to touch that A# file again unless they have a reason to, like revoking GC or if the applicant continues with his/her immigration journey by choosing to become a citizen or if the applicant lost his GC and files for replacement etc....

I also saw official USCIS document online today (lost the link before I could post it here) where there were cases when A# file was requested by NBC from the local DO, put it in the SCHEDULING QUEUE to the approved by the same DO and the A# file mailed back to the same DO for interview. Their system doesn't make sense until some experts figure out a way to avoid these things and make the processing much faster.

If I understood IO correctly today, I'm stuck in stage 12.

Stage 12 is good. It means the local DO is going to determine interview date & time any moment now. You should expect your online LUD change anyday now. Getting into that SCHEDULING QUEUE is critical. Somebody posted few days back that he was told by IO that his case went into the queue and within 5 days, his LUD changed for interview. If the IO says that I am in the queue now, I will be very much relieved. There is no way that stage will get delayed by more than a week. I am a week to 10 days behind you, though I come under different DO. That means I can expect NBC to receive my A# file and put me in the queue sometime next week. Offcourse there will always be exceptions to our predictions.

You all are very optimistic :)

I am thinking .. :confused: what if we are in between step 6 & 7 :eek:

In that case, wait will be much longer.

I was talking to one guy from my neighborhood who submitted his application with PD as of Jan 2007 and he said that Garden City interview was last month for him. And, even then DO failed to make decision, and told him that decision will come in mail.

I guess for those folks who had I-485 interview done at local DO (requires A# file) before GC approval, if they are still living and filing N-400 under the same DO, there is no need to move the A# file because the local DO already got the A# file. They get lucky in getting IL faster during naturalization. For those folks whose I-485 was approved by one of the four SERVICE CENTERS or for folks who had I-485 interview at local DO but moved to another DO for N-400 filing, things get slow because NBC need to get A# file from either the SERVICE CENTER or from the GC approved DO and forward it to N-400 processing DO for interview. For such folks, may be things slow down because of the file movement.

My brother had I-485 interview at Chicago DO for his GC and he filed his N-400 under the same DO. Could be the reason why he got IL within 2 weeks of giving FP during naturalization. As for me, my I-485 was approved by Nebraska Service Center and I guess NBC requested it from NSC and waiting for it before IL scheduling and forwarding A# file to Chicago DO for N-400 interview.

I was talking to one guy from my neighborhood who submitted his application with PD as of Jan 2007 and he said that Garden City interview was last month for him. And, even then DO failed to make decision, and told him that decision will come in mail.

Did you call USCIS recently? If you did, what are they saying. I know you come under different DO but we travel together up until they put our A# files in the SCHEDULING QUEUE. After that, we go into different DO timelines. I am wondering if NBC requested & received your A# file by now. Please reply.

We can't be stuck between step 6&7, because we passed step 9-received yellow letter!
I hope your neighbor had some complicated case that took him forever to be invited for interview. The process for green card was so fast for me. We had interview in garden city. However, it might have been fast because of a good lawyer we had... Now I really regret that I decided not to hire a lawyer for N-400, since everything seemed so simple and clear.

The A file is sent to the central storage facility at Lee's Summit, MO. Here is the post I had created few weeks ago: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=303840

I saw your thread on this issue and also the PDF link but it clearly indicates that they have a file tracking system to locate where the A# file is currently located. That means it could be located anywhere. It doesn't say that all of them gets stored at the central storage facility. Did I get it wrong? Also, NBC is located at the same place where the central storage facility is located. The IO I spoke today clearly told me that they requested my A# file on Oct 4th and still waiting. If my A# file is located at the central storage facility, does it take that long to get the file? I am thinking my file is at Nebraska Service Center.

I empatize with you all my DO is NY my fingerprints were done 7/10/09 got yellow on 8/27/09 and I'm still waitin......... for my IL. I called twice and spoke to a second level IO still nothing. My case might be considered compilcated but I'm gonna wait it out can't deal with the stress!!

You are assuming that YL is always after FBI check. There is no way to verify this assumption.

Regrading neighbor: As per him, case was not complicated. He went through lawyer and contacted USCIS many times. His lawyer told him that for unknown reason his case is under review and cannot be scheduled. He doesn't have any further details. My guess is either background check or missing A file.

We can't be stuck between step 6&7, because we passed step 9-received yellow letter!
I hope your neighbor had some complicated case that took him forever to be invited for interview. The process for green card was so fast for me. We had interview in garden city. However, it might have been fast because of a good lawyer we had... Now I really regret that I decided not to hire a lawyer for N-400, since everything seemed so simple and clear.

No call/contact yet.

I will try to get an infopass if I don't get any update in another 2 weeks.

Did you call USCIS recently? If you did, what are they saying. I know you come under different DO but we travel together up until they put our A# files in the SCHEDULING QUEUE. After that, we go into different DO timelines. I am wondering if NBC requested & received your A# file by now. Please reply.

Emails received and online status changed for self and spouse to “This case has been sent for a standard interview’.

For Cases filed during June, July and August 2009 with DO Newark NJ, it is taking between 60 to 75 days from the Receipt Date/Priority Date, for their status to change to “Testing and Interview” and another 30 to 35 days for the interviews and oath ceremonies.

Here are the details:
DO: Newark, NJ
08/22/2009: N400 Fedexed to Lewisville, TX
08/24/2009: N400 received by USCIS
08/24/2009: Receipt Date/Priority Date
08/26/2009: Checks cleared
08/26/2009: Notice Date
08/31/2009: NOA arrived
09/05/2009: Online status & emails on RFE (FP?) notice mailed on 09/03/2009
09/08/2009: FP Notices dated 09/04/09 received Scheduled for 09/18/09
09/09/2009: Walk-in FPs done at Elizabeth
10/24/2009: Emails received /online status for self/spouse updated
to ‘Sent for Standard Interview”

I had my FP done on 10/2/09.......still waiting.......no LUD as of today..........I hope they locate my A file.....it was sent around the word due to a DWI in 6/2001. I-485 was approved on 12/12/04