FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

I had an infopass appointment this morning. The officer was surpriced that I haven't been sceduled for interview yet and sent a request to expedite sceduling my interview. She told that there must have been a glitch in computer system, because she already seen such cases as mine in the last couple of weeks. This made me my day happier and brought some optimism in this process :)

Received both Yellow Letters and Interview Letters for self and Spouse.

Here are the details:
DO: Newark, NJ
08/22/2009: N400 Fedexed to Lewisville, TX
08/24/2009: N400 received by USCIS
08/24/2009: Receipt Date/Priority Date
08/26/2009: Checks cleared
08/26/2009: Notice Date
08/31/2009: NOA arrived
09/05/2009: Online status & emails on RFE (FP?) notice mailed on 09/03/2009
09/08/2009: FP Notices dated 09/04/09 received Scheduled for 09/18/09
09/09/2009: Walk-in FPs done at Elizabeth
10/24/2009: Emails/online status for self/spouse ‘Sent for Standard Interview”
10/26/2009: Received Yellow Letters for self/spouse
10/26/2009: Received Interview Letters for self/spouse
12/02/2009: Scheduled Interview date for self/spouse

Status Update

Just received an e-mail from USCIS that our case(my wife and I) has been transfered to local DO for standard interview.
It took exactly 2 weeks from the fingerprinting to get this e-mail. Will wait for the USPS mail to know the interview date. I hope the date is after our 5 year PR.

Thanks.

Just received an e-mail from USCIS that our case(my wife and I) has been transfered to local DO for standard interview.
It took exactly 2 weeks from the fingerprinting to get this e-mail. Will wait for the USPS mail to know the interview date. I hope the date is after our 5 year PR.

Thanks.

If you don't mind my asking, can you tell me something. When you said you just received an email alert, do you mean you just SAW the email or you just GOT the email alert? If so, what time of the day you got it. Please advice. Thanks.

I just called USCIS again, spoke to an 2nd IO who was very polite. I explained my situation and asked the status and he told the same again, that my A# file was requested on Oct 4th and they are still waiting. When I asked how long this A# file requesting process takes place, he said on average 45 to 90 days. That sucks. I guess I don't have a choice here anymore rather than wait patiently. I just don't understand why does it take that long to move a file physically from one location to another within USA? Even a regular mail from east to west coast gets delivered in 5 business days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called USCIS again, spoke to an 2nd IO who was very polite. I explained my situation and asked the status and he told the same again, that my A# file was requested on Oct 4th and they are still waiting. When I asked how long this A# file requesting process takes place, he said on average 45 to 90 days. That sucks. I guess I don't have a choice here anymore rather than wait patiently. I just don't understand why does it take that long to move a file physically from one location to another within USA? Even a regular mail from east to west coast gets delivered in 5 business days.

I suggest you to make infopass appointment. Today the officer told me that all process now is being done ELECTRONICALLY. It doesn't make sence why it takes 45 days to send files from one office to the other. Also, 2nd level officer told me on the phone that NYC offices currently process applications received in April which is a bull...t!!
Good luck and keep us updated on your process!

I suggest you to make infopass appointment. Today the officer told me that all process now is being done ELECTRONICALLY. It doesn't make sence why it takes 45 days to send files from one office to the other. Also, 2nd level officer told me on the phone that NYC offices currently process applications received in April which is a bull...t!!
Good luck and keep us updated on your process!

I guess when the officer meant everything is done electronically, it means requesting files and other stuff but they still need to move the files physcially from location to location after electronic transfer request. At this time, USCIS is not scanning all the documents and storing digital copies. That's the problem. It seems they are planning to do so very soon. Anyway, I have decided to take Infopass now and see if it helps in anyway speed up the process. No harm in giving it a try. I will update when there is something worth to post.

Status Update

If you don't mind my asking, can you tell me something. When you said you just received an email alert, do you mean you just SAW the email or you just GOT the email alert? If so, what time of the day you got it. Please advice. Thanks.

Spiderman03,
I received an e-mail alert at 2:45 AM stating that our case has been sent for standard interview to the local DO. Well, I did receive the e-mail and went through it before posting it in the forum.
The main point was to let you know that it took 2 weeks from fingerprinting to the e-mail for interview. I guess, I will have to wait for the USPS mail to know the date of interview.
Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Spiderman03,
I received an e-mail alert at 2:45 AM stating that our case has been sent for standard interview to the local DO. Well, I did receive the e-mail and went through it before posting it in the forum.
The main point was to let you know that it took 2 weeks from fingerprinting to the e-mail for interview. I guess, I will have to wait for the USPS mail to know the date of interview.
Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info

I had an infopass appointment this morning. The officer was surpriced that I haven't been sceduled for interview yet and sent a request to expedite sceduling my interview. She told that there must have been a glitch in computer system, because she already seen such cases as mine in the last couple of weeks. This made me my day happier and brought some optimism in this process :)

I am wondering if the local DO officer you spoke to can really help with expediting your case? I thought NBC in MO controls the whole process until the case is transferred to the local office. Hope I am wrong but I am wondering if the local officials can do something at this phase. I am going for Infopass tomorrow. Hope I get some useful information and help.

I am wondering if the local DO officer you spoke to can really help with expediting your case? I thought NBC in MO controls the whole process until the case is transferred to the local office. Hope I am wrong but I am wondering if the local officials can do something at this phase. I am going for Infopass tomorrow. Hope I get some useful information and help.

Local DO officer told that it looks like my case was ready for scheduling in August, but got stuck somehow in the system (computer glich). She requested to put my case for sceduling.

Just too many cases with computer glitch.

And, one thing is common that they all belong to garden City DO. What a coincidence.

Local DO officer told that it looks like my case was ready for scheduling in August, but got stuck somehow in the system (computer glich). She requested to put my case for sceduling.

Just too many cases with computer glitch.

And, one thing is common that they all belong to garden City DO. What a coincidence.

well... that's what she told me. Obviously something wrong is going on there. Now waiting for IL in "expedited way" :D

Spiderman, I'm impatiently waiting for your news from infopass appointment and keeping fingers crossed that you will have some good news!

Spiderman, I'm impatiently waiting for your news from infopass appointment and keeping fingers crossed that you will have some good news!

Just got back from downtown after Infopass appointment. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes from the time I entered the building. Anyway, it's a useless trip as I feared. She asked me what's the issue and I told her that I didn't get my IL even after 2 months of finishing FP (BTW, that stupid glass frame covering all the way from top to bottom makes it difficult to hear and make conversation) and I am concerned that my case got stuck somewhere and requested her to check the status and see if she could help me. She asks for my GC, then checks in her computer and tells me that my A# file was requested for and still waiting. I asked if it takes this long and she replied that the file has to arrive to be able to schedule the interview. Beyond that, she didn't seem interested in extending the conversation. She wasn't rude but not good providing info either. Just reading what she saw on the computer. So, I guess I have no choice but wait until NBC receives my file and schedules the interview. The best I can hope for is they receive the file ASAP.

Just got back from downtown after Infopass appointment. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes from the time I entered the building. Anyway, it's a useless trip as I feared. She asked me what's the issue and I told her that I didn't get my IL even after 2 months of finishing FP (BTW, that stupid glass frame covering all the way from top to bottom makes it difficult to hear and make conversation) and I am concerned that my case got stuck somewhere and requested her to check the status and see if she could help me. She asks for my GC, then checks in her computer and tells me that my A# file was requested for and still waiting. I asked if it takes this long and she replied that the file has to arrive to be able to schedule the interview. Beyond that, she didn't seem interested in extending the conversation. She wasn't rude but not good providing info either. Just reading what she saw on the computer. So, I guess I have no choice but wait until NBC receives my file and schedules the interview. The best I can hope for is they receive the file ASAP.

Write a letter to NBC.

Oh... I'm sorry to hear that! I really hoped that if this visit doesn't solve the problem, then at least it gives some optimism in this torurous waiting period. But at least you know that you did everything you could...
Oh wel.. Let's keep waiting and keep in touch.