FP notice for TSC after July 27?

Does the SSC*00137XXXX number appear on very bottom left hand side of your NOA after the TSC address?

Bob, he never answered your question. The number on the back of check shows up on very bottom left hand side. But the real application number is different that that. Do you know why this happens?

Bob, he never answered your question. The number on the back of check shows up on very bottom left hand side. But the real application number is different that that. Do you know why this happens?

The number in back of check is check cashing reference number, whereas the number in front of check (if present) is actual case number. Users on this forum have posted that their cashed check included both numbers, other have reported there was only a check number in back of check of check, and some have reported there was no number on check whatsoever. This is good indication that USCIS does not have a standard rule on stamping checks.

The number in back of check is check cashing reference number, whereas the number in front of check (if present) is actual case number. Users on this forum have posted that their cashed check included both numbers, other have reported there was only a check number in back of check of check, and some have reported there was no number on check whatsoever. This is good indication that USCIS does not have a standard rule on stamping checks.

USCIS standards? What are those?! :D

i cannot understand what's going on at tsc with FP notices. People who applyed till aug 1 got their notices within 10-20 days from NOA received.And now nobody gets anything.Complete silence.What's the reason?

i cannot understand what's going on at tsc with FP notices. People who applyed till aug 1 got their notices within 10-20 days from NOA received.And now nobody gets anything.Complete silence.What's the reason?

I think reason is backlog of cases and recent holiday season. Expect to see FP notices for TSC July 28 and greater applicants in coming weeks.

Hi all! I received the I-797C notices today. Our (my wife's and mine) application numbers are consecutive numbers, and both notices came together. In both the notices, there was no mention of any 'missing' documents.

I also noticed that the number on my check is different from the application number printed on the top left-hand corner of the notice. But I see the number printed on the check appears on the bottom left hand corner of the notice.

My notice says that "You will be notified of the date and place of your inteview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 450 days of this notice".

I noticed a mistake in the spelling of my wife's last name, and called 800-375-5283 with it. The system said that the receipt # I entered was not identified in the system - so I went through another menu, and after hold for about 10 minutes, spoke with a real person. She was very courteous, but told me she cannot access my record. She then transferred me to speak with an Immigration Officer - now, am on hold & the estimated wait time is about 15-20 minutes. The music-on-hold is pretty bad, I should say - it's putting me to sleep!!

Now, the wait for FP notice starts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all! I received the I-797C notices today. Our (my wife's and mine) application numbers are consecutive numbers, and both notices came together. In both the notices, there was no mention of any 'missing' documents.

I also noticed that the number on my check is different from the application number printed on the top left-hand corner of the notice. But I see the number printed on the check appears on the bottom left hand corner of the notice.

I noticed a mistake in the spelling of my wife's last name, and called 800-375-5283 with it. The system said that the receipt # I entered was not identified in the system - so I went through another menu, and after hold for about 10 minutes, spoke with a real person. She was very courteous, but told me she cannot access my record. She then transferred me to speak with an Immigration Officer - now, am on hold & the estimated wait time is about 15-20 minutes. The music-on-hold is pretty bad, I should say - it's putting me to sleep!!

The request for "missing evidence" on the NOA is generated if you marked "YES" to any of the questions pertaining to arrests, citations, etc. The number that was printed on the back of your check is a check cashing control number (I don't know what the proper term for it is, so I'm calling it that for now). You're lucky that you actually got transferred to an IO, usually getting the reps to do that is like pulling teeth.

Ravi, I see that your check cashing date and NOA date is more recent than mine but I have not got any notice for fingerprining. What is your PD?

Hey anmn, are you able to see your receipt number online? I am not.

I sent my wife's application along with mine,her's was as straightforward as it can get and the receipt notice is also very plain, does not even say anything about the need for finger printing. Mine on the other hand includes the standard missing evidence and need for FP statements, I guess it must be because of the long list of speeding tickets that I included with my application. Did you have any unusual exceptions in your form?

Hi we too are in the same boat.I got NOA just like u and my wife got her just like your wife.Is there some thing we should be worried about my wife not having any FP statements in her NOA.Need the advice form all of u

Ravi, I see that your check cashing date and NOA date is more recent than mine but I have not got any notice for fingerprining. What is your PD?

Tsnbagman! As of now, my checks have been cashed and I received the Notice of Action (receipt notice) earlier this week. I have NOT received the Fingerprinting notice yet. I'm waiting on it. I am sure you will get yours well before I get mine :)

Hi we too are in the same boat.I got NOA just like u and my wife got her just like your wife.Is there some thing we should be worried about my wife not having any FP statements in her NOA.Need the advice form all of u

I don't think this should be a cause for concern, we'll see what happens next, it will be great if my wife gets her citizenship without having to go for FP. Please add a sinature to your messages.

Don't worry. Even in our NOAs, there was no mention of fingerprinting. It just mentions "You will be notified of the date and place of your interview whe you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 450 days of this notice".

This does not mean there is no fingerprinting!! You should expect the FP notice within the next few days/weeks for both applicants.

Friends,

So, where is TSC right now exactly on FP schedules? anybody know exact
info? Who received FP appointments recently? Auguest sent ,I mean last week? Thanx..

Appl sent.........09/07/07
Check cashed...12/18/07

Good question, HiFriend !!

Of the ones active on this board, I see Bobsmyth as among the the 'senior-most'. Bobsmyth's dateline is>>
TSC/Charlotte or Raleigh
Sent N-400 7/28/07
Priority Date 8/1/07 (although NOA shows 7/27)
Check cashed 12/5/07
NOA 12/7/2007
FP notice xx/xx/xx

We bring up the rear. So, let's keep watching this thread for any movement !!

my pd is aug 9 and i did not get my fp notice yet.I believe only Bobsmyth's pd is earlier than mine.I update info as fast as I get FP notice.

There are 2 more posters who sent their application in to TSC just before me, but we all have the same priority date. In fact, my check was cashed before im9999 and they got their FP notice already. Safferjoe had his check cashed in November and allready did his FP in December. USCIS processing doesn't make much sense since the same PD has different FP dates.

im9999 timeline is as follow:

Service Center: TSC, DO: Charlotte
N400 to TSC - 26 July 2007
PO confirmed signed for - 30 July 2007
Cheque cashed - 10 Dec 2007
NOA -Not received
PD - 27th July 2007
FP - 15th Jan 2008

and safferjoe:
07/24/07: N400 application sent to TSC
07/27/07: RD
07/27/07: PD
11/19/07: CC
11/21/07: NOA
11/30/07: FP ND
12/22/07: FPs taken (1pm, Charlotte)

A change in processing...

I think reason is backlog of cases and recent holiday season. Expect to see FP notices for TSC July 28 and greater applicants in coming weeks.

My suspicion (and this is pure conjecture) is that TSC decided to change their processing flow some time in October/November due to the large application queue.

Suppose, as an example, they have to do 5-6 steps to process an application. Enter data into system, do some sanity checking, cash check, send out noa, electronically send file to DO and perhaps schedule FP etc... Prior to August, people would often receive NOA and FP on the same day or at about the same time, so the service center and DO were in near sync with their processing..didn't matter who scheduled the FP.

Now, suppose the normal sanity checking step takes long for each application, the check cashing is also delayed. We were clearly reaching the point where some applications (and checks) would have been pending for 90 days and would have expired. If that had happened, TSC would just have more work on their plate. They would have to send a check notice to the applicants, put the files in a frozen state, wait for checks and then reprocess them out of order.. This just adds more work on the same staff, breaks the normal flow of processing and adds to the mess.. So its conceivable that TSC thought a little ahead and reduced upfront processing of an application to a minimum, cashed checks quickly and are now doing a second pass on the files with the remaining verification. And since the files are not fully ready for FP processing, none of the DOs can proceed either... which would explain why we haven't seen ANY TSC affiliated DO send out FP notices for post July. If the delays had been DO specific, some DOs would have sent out FP notices by now...

I would also guess that the DOs would have been redirected to do alternative work for the past few months and wont be re-tasked to process the pending FP queue until a certain date... We should see the FP notices very quickly once they unfreeze the FP queue...

The above is purely a guess, but frankly, if I were in their shoes, I would do something like it... And although most people would rather subscribe to the "TSC is a bunch of idiots" thesis, it need not be so... USCIS knew early on they had an hot potato in their hands and had to react with appropriate process changes that improved their overall processing efficiency... (at the cost of delay to each application)...

(Anyone with a math/cs background? The above should sound very familiar :)

. We were clearly reaching the point where some applications (and checks) would have been pending for 90 days and would have expired. If that had happened, TSC would just have more work on their plate. They would have to send a check notice to the applicants, put the files in a frozen state, wait for checks and then reprocess them out of order..

Actually checks don't expire after 90 days. The policy for most banks is that after 6 months checks go dormant, but are is still valid if endorsed. Case example, my check was cashed over 4 months after I sent in my application.

Also, I called USCIS today and my FP notice was sent out last Friday, so I should receive it any day now. My prediction is that TSC applicants who have filed after July 27 will be slowly seeing their FP notices in the mail beginning by week's end.

There are 2 more posters who sent their application in to TSC just before me, but we all have the same priority date. In fact, my check was cashed before im9999 and they got their FP notice already. Safferjoe had his check cashed in November and allready did his FP in December. USCIS processing doesn't make much sense since the same PD has different FP dates.

im9999 timeline is as follow:

Service Center: TSC, DO: Charlotte
N400 to TSC - 26 July 2007
PO confirmed signed for - 30 July 2007
Cheque cashed - 10 Dec 2007
NOA -Not received
PD - 27th July 2007
FP - 15th Jan 2008

and safferjoe:
07/24/07: N400 application sent to TSC
07/27/07: RD
07/27/07: PD
11/19/07: CC
11/21/07: NOA
11/30/07: FP ND
12/22/07: FPs taken (1pm, Charlotte)

I'd be very interested to see a breakdown of the number of applications for every day in July (as measured by mailing date), because I suspect the highest counts would in the last week (7/24 through 7/28). I sent my package in on 7/24 and my number is SSC*00138**** (my wife's number is +2). Bobsmyth sent in his package on 7/28 and I seem to remember him posting his number as SSC*0014*****. If the number after the 4 is a 0, then my number is of the order of magnitude of 20,000 lower than his (because the number after my 8 is low). I don't know if these numbers count ALL applications to USCIS, or just N400 applications, but it does suggest that the July spike was pretty severe in that last week!