Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my response again. You will understand what I am trying to say. PD is the receipt date of the labor certification.
Your husbands approval and case doesnt count now. You need to know what he applied for you and the kids and what got approved.

Good Luck.

redleaf said:
Hi Kamrans... Thank you for your reply.

The original application that was used to apply for my husband's immigrant status were I-140 & I-485.

These 3 forms below were filed concurrently on Sep 20, 2004.
I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker - Approved on 12/20/2004
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status - Approved on 07/25/2005
I-765 Application for Employment Authorization - Approved on 09/15/2004

Am I right to say that since it is I-140 (instead of I-130), then the FTJ process is shorter than 5-6 years waiting? His I-485 was approved on July 25, 2005. Is this approval date also the priority date?

I-824 Approval.

I received the approval of my I-824, which was filed to benefit from a "following to join", and was approved by the USCIS before I turned 21 years old.

I am planning to apply for an Immigrant Visa at the US Embassy Manila, they required me to submit the approved I-824, birth certificates certified by NSO, current mailing address, and contact numbers.

The question is, would I still be able to benefit from a "following to join" status despite that I turned 21 already? due to the delay of processing of my I-824.

Hoping for someone's advice before I proceed to the process of applying. Thanks!

Hi Redleaf!

Dear kababayan, kindly read the previous postings, send your documents to Usembassy in Manila, all photocopies including the receipts of your 1-824approval, they will send you the packet 3 like what they did to my dependents, I believe you are follow to join and your priority date is the same as the date when your husband`s petition of your 1-140 was received by USCIS.

I know how busy it will be for your husband to follow up from here, so you can do something about it from there. I was there last Christmas and that was the reason why I had submitted the papers to USembassy in Manila in behalf of my family. You can fax it to the embassy or mail it thru LBC.

PLs open the website or Judex can tell you the contact numbers and email address of our embassy in Manila, it is from him I know a lot about this, right Judex? thanks for the help... pls help Redleaf too!

I cannot asssess a computer yet from here much of my time and I can`t answer right away, pls help Judex and Kamrans, you both are our lifeline here!

Thanks so much! God bless you all! I will be praying for you there!

Simala2006

angelade

hi,

based on 9 FAM 40.1 N7 BASIS FOR "FOLLOWING TO JOIN", its states that a person would no longer qualify as a child “following to join” upon reaching the age of 21 years or by entering into a marriage.
i don't know the technicality of you case, you need to consult a good lawyer on this...

have you received packet 3? when was the approval date of your 824? when was your birthday? what's your priority date?

judex

angelade said:
I received the approval of my I-824, which was filed to benefit from a "following to join", and was approved by the USCIS before I turned 21 years old.

I am planning to apply for an Immigrant Visa at the US Embassy Manila, they required me to submit the approved I-824, birth certificates certified by NSO, current mailing address, and contact numbers.

The question is, would I still be able to benefit from a "following to join" status despite that I turned 21 already? due to the delay of processing of my I-824.

Hoping for someone's advice before I proceed to the process of applying. Thanks!

The CSPA does apply in FTJ cases.. I've been doing lots of research on this because i'm in the same situation. The CSPA will apply if the I-824 was filed within 1 year of the VISA availability. Here's more information on it:

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/cspa.html

I do have a question though in regards to the CP process. My father is submitting an I-824 on my behalf based on his approved I-485. Basically i'm trying to claim my CSPA benefits because he didnt file the I-824 the same time he filed his I-485, he wasnt allowed to file it subsequently until after the 485's approval. So his I-485 was approved on August 29, 2005 BUT the visa numbers in the EB3 category were unavailable and remained unavailable until March 2006 for our priority date. So i'm arguing that he had 1 year from his approval AND visa availability to file something on my behalf, being March 2006 - March 2007, per this shusterman example:

Example #1 - Mr. Kumar was born in India. He came to the U.S. as an H-1B computer professional in 1999. In March 2001, his employer submitted an application for labor certification on his behalf. This application was approved in 2004. On June 30, 2004, his employer filed an immigration visa petition (form I-140) for him. Simultaneously, he, his wife and his daughter Krishna all applied for adjustment of status (forms I-485). His son Rakesh is a senior at the London School of Economics. He would like to immigrate to the U.S. as soon as possible.

The CIS approved the I-140 on December 30, 2004 and the I-485s for Mr. Kumar, his wife and his daughter on October 15, 2006. His son Rakesh turned 21 years of age on October 2, 2006.

The general rule is that only the principal, his spouse and his unmarried children who are under 21 years of age may obtain permanent residence at the same time as their parent or may follow-to-join their parent in the U.S. at a later time. Since Rakesh was already 21 years old when his father obtained his green card, does CSPA prevent him from aging-out?

Analysis: CSPA requires a three-part analysis in the case of "derivative beneficiaries". Mr. Kumar is the principal beneficiary since he is immigrating through his employment. Rakesh is a derivative beneficiary since he is immigrating through his father's job.

1. Step #1 - Determine Rakesh's age on the date that his father adjusted his status. His age was 21 years and 13 days.

2. Step #2 - Subtract from Rakesh's age the amount of time that his father's I-140 was pending. Since Mr. Kumar's employer filed an I-140 on his behalf on June 30, 2004 and it was approved on December 30, 2004, this period of six months is subtracted from Rakesh's age making his "immigration age" 20 years, 6 months and 13 days. Since this is less than 21 years, this means that Rakesh is considered a "child" under CSPA.

3. Step #3 - Rakesh must apply for an immigrant visa within one year of the date of his father's adjustment of status. The easiest way to start the application process would have been for Mr. Kumar to file form I-824 for Rakesh with his application for adjustment of status. If he failed to do so, he has one year beginning on the date that he adjusted his status to submit the I-824. If he does so, Rakesh may follow-to-join his family as a permanent resident no matter what his age when his immigrant visa is granted. His age, for immigration purposes, is frozen at 20 years. However, should he marry even one day before he arrives in the U.S., he would no longer be considered a child, and would lose this opportunity to follow-to-join his family in the U.S.

The DOS considers visa availability to be not only an approved petition BUT also a current priority date. A visa wasnt available to me until after his 485's approval, and then again still wasnt available to me until March 2006 so we have a year from March 2006 - March 2007 to get moving. We are mailing off an I-824 this week and once we get the receipt notice back, we will fedex that down to our consulate.

My question is, will they look at my CSPA eligibility right there and then and continue with the interview if i'm eligible or will they not accept my documents if they think i'm ineligible? Do they call you into an interview to then be denied if they dont feel you're eligible? Also, when/who are the fees paid to? I am currently in the US, and since AOS is not an option for me, I am willing to fly home to have this done but I dont want to fly home to only be denied. I'm assuming they're like the CIS and wont grant an interview unless they accept the claims?

judex said:
hi,

based on 9 FAM 40.1 N7 BASIS FOR "FOLLOWING TO JOIN", its states that a person would no longer qualify as a child “following to join” upon reaching the age of 21 years or by entering into a marriage.
i don't know the technicality of you case, you need to consult a good lawyer on this...

have you received packet 3? when was the approval date of your 824? when was your birthday? what's your priority date?

judex

hi,

i've searched for the 9FAM 40.1 N7 Basis for "Following to Join", thanks!
my I-824 approval was Feb 2, 2007. I turned 21 last Feb 4 (Unmarried), my priority date is July 2005.

i haven't received packet 3, because i haven't submitted the requirements to the US embassy manila yet due to the dilema of my case...

Last edited by a moderator:
angelade

read this thread from page 150-185, you will learn more...

you can fax the requirements, then you will received packet 3 within 1-2 months if your case is OK.

judex

angelade said:
hi,

i've searched for the 9FAM 40.1 N7 Basis for "Following to Join", thanks!
my I-824 approval was Feb 2, 2007. I turned 21 last Feb 4 (Unmarried), my priority date is July 2005.

i haven't received packet 3, because i haven't submitted the requirements to the US embassy manila yet due to the dilema of my case...

FTJ Manila

Thanks for your reply, Simala. I really appreciate this forum as I am learning a lot from you guys. For now, I took the advice of Kamrans and Judex to find out first what form or document got approved. I know I asked a stupid question trying to find out from you what it could be by making a guess. But at least, there were 2 options, either I-824 or I-130. Meanwhile, I would just keep my fingers crossed hoping it is I-824. I will get back to you when I know what document was filed. Thanks again, Kamrans, Judex & Simala. :)

Simala2006 said:
Dear kababayan, kindly read the previous postings, send your documents to Usembassy in Manila, all photocopies including the receipts of your 1-824approval, they will send you the packet 3 like what they did to my dependents, I believe you are follow to join and your priority date is the same as the date when your husband`s petition of your 1-140 was received by USCIS.

I know how busy it will be for your husband to follow up from here, so you can do something about it from there. I was there last Christmas and that was the reason why I had submitted the papers to USembassy in Manila in behalf of my family. You can fax it to the embassy or mail it thru LBC.

PLs open the website or Judex can tell you the contact numbers and email address of our embassy in Manila, it is from him I know a lot about this, right Judex? thanks for the help... pls help Redleaf too!

I cannot asssess a computer yet from here much of my time and I can`t answer right away, pls help Judex and Kamrans, you both are our lifeline here!

Thanks so much! God bless you all! I will be praying for you there!

Simala2006

mega007 said:
thanks kamrans, How easy or difficult it wud be getting letter form senator or congressman ? can u give me more tip ? i live in ohio. besides, yesterday again i was backing to go for applying canadian tourist visa for my wife. (i got a reply-email from murthy - chennai representative senthilkumar that.... it is highly unlikely my wife wud get approved for b2 since ftj is in process ! ) thanks kamrans. I was wondering wot is the reunion or gathreing u guys talking abt ! ?

Hi Mega007,

I'm also thinking to apply for visiting visa for my wife .

My pd is Jan 02 EB3 India and I think it will take at least anohter year or two to get our turn. Please let me know if you find addiitonal info about this. Unfortunately I need to apply for it in Chennai consulate which is not easy.

Thanks

Successful FTJ @ Chennai 2007

EB3 - India, PD 4/30/01 -
Pls. find the attached document about a recently successful FTJ process in Chennai.

This document contains
1. Preparation for interview
2. Planning for interview
3. Q&A and 221(g) in the interview
4. 221(g) follow-up
5. Successful outcome
6. Notes to fellow applicants
7. Actual cover letters used for 221(g), I-824, FTJ Application for case#
8. Special Mentions.

Also posting a google docs version for backup reasons..
Google Doc Version

Thanks to everyone for their support.
I will try to answer any follow-up questions to this posting...

kamrans said:
It appears that your wife is a FTJ beneficiary. In that case its always I-134 however some consulates mix it with I-864 which is needed in sponsoring family based categories.
If they haven't specified that they need I-864 then you should carry I-134 with you. Ask one of your friends to get is notorize and send it over to you along with the bank letters etc. Check out all the requirements of I-134.

Good Luck and please post all the information after the interview here that what happened there and what questions are asked so that others can get take the benefit of it.

Hi NJBLUE,

First of all, I want to thank a lot and appreciate, KROCKERS favor of putting a doc. though I yet to see that in detail, It is going be a GREAT HELP to many people including my case.

NJBLUE, I addressed ur name too when i started this visit visa question (I remember we have already communicated in here long time bak / fyi, my PD is Aug 2002 !!! )and kamran was nice enough to give great ideas and replies with so much patience and agpatti replied with his experience. He was I replied bak to agpatti asking for more details abt the way how he applied for visit visa bcoz seems he had negative experience meaning a denial. So like again I stepped bak to think and start working on applying to canadian visitor visa for my wife and once she send the docs i am gonna start luking jobs in detroit !!! a one more move out of plenty in my career !!! anyway ... lets be in loop regarding this. Probs we can do private messages also if we think the info is not useful for others ...i yet to figure out who is the congressman or senate at my state ... i am in ohio ... ....thanks njblue .... bye now

Follow to Join for my wife > Is it possible?

Long story short.. after chatting on the internet and phone calls, I flew in from US to India for 2 weeks and got married to my girl on 14th Feb 2006 (that’s last year) just 3 days before leaving back for US. This was done in a temple with priests and her friends as witness. However her parents were against this inter-caste marriage and didn't want to sign on any marriage registration. She didn't want her friends to sign on the registration and with this we lost couple of days trying to convince them. In the end all we had was a couple of pictures with me and her, few with her friends and panditji. Left India without marriage certificate from registrar of marriage or any court certificate.

Facts about me: I had filled my LPR application thru my company in early 2002 in EB2 category and got my labor approval in July 2005. I filled my 140 and 485 immediately upon labor approval in Aug 2005 in concurrent process.

My 140 was approved in Dec and I got my first finger printing notice in Dec 2005 but I requested it to be postponed since I was planning to go to India and get married before my 485 was approved to include my gal on the process. However my trip got delayed due to work and I got a second finger printing notice for mid Feb in the mail sometime in Jan, which I had to send back again for re-scheduling since I would be in India getting married.

I got back from India on 18th Feb 06 and was told by my company lawyer that my process could be considered abandoned if I keep pushing back my finger printing date. So I took a copy of my notice and 485 receipts to the local USCIS office in Oakland where I was scheduled for finger printing. The guy told me that they have lot of requests for rescheduling and haven't processed a lot of paper work but can take my finger prints that very moment. I was done with my finger print without a scheduled notice :). I was happy, one less trip to downtown Oakland. My finger printing was done on Feb 24th.

With workloads and work deadlines, I pushed back on including her name on my 485 process. Also I didn't have a marriage certificate from India which was another concern. But the processing was so slow back then, with backlogs and stuff that I didn't expect my GC for another year and was planning a trip to India in May or June to get it registered somehow. But guess what, I got my GC in mail in mid April. WOW!...

For some work reasons (possibility of layoff if going on vacation sorta arm twisting) I couldn't make to India in June. Finally I am in India for a month now and her parents are ready to get it registered after a lot of family drama......filmy style.

Now the real deal.

We have the witnesses of the marriage on 14th Feb 2006, the panditji's letter, panditji in person and plan to register it in a couple of days with the Solemnized date of 14th Feb 2006. So in short the certificate will read register on 27th Feb 2007, marriage solemnized on 14th Feb 2006. With signatures from her parents and my parents etc.

All facts in short again
1. I filled for labor in early 2002 and got it approved in July 2005.
2. Filled 140 and 485 concurrently in Aug 05
3. 140 approved in Dec 05
4. First finger printing notice for Dec05.
5. Second finger printing notice for mid feb 06
6. Got married in a temple on 14th Feb. 06
7. Actual finger printing on 24th Feb 06
8. Green card in mail mid April 06 with: Residence since 4/12/06.

Now the questions.

Q1 - Can I file a Follow to join, FTJ process for my wife using form I-824 and a marriage certificate stating I was married on 14th Feb 2006, after my 140 was approved but before my 485 was approved.

Q2 - What if 824 is denied citing such a late registration of marriage? Can I appeal/challenge it in any way?

Q3 - What if the 824 gets approved but during the interview at the US consulate in India they question the same (diff in date of marriage and date of registration)?

Q4 - How can I prove that this is a genuine case and registration was delayed due to marriage being inter-caste?

Q5 - Do you see any problem for me in FTJ process? If so what are the alternate solutions?

Please reply to this post. I would really appreciate it. I hope I have put my story clearly. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Everything depends on your status now. Whats your status?.

Good Luck.

j0emV said:
The CSPA does apply in FTJ cases.. I've been doing lots of research on this because i'm in the same situation. The CSPA will apply if the I-824 was filed within 1 year of the VISA availability. Here's more information on it:

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/cspa.html

I do have a question though in regards to the CP process. My father is submitting an I-824 on my behalf based on his approved I-485. Basically i'm trying to claim my CSPA benefits because he didnt file the I-824 the same time he filed his I-485, he wasnt allowed to file it subsequently until after the 485's approval. So his I-485 was approved on August 29, 2005 BUT the visa numbers in the EB3 category were unavailable and remained unavailable until March 2006 for our priority date. So i'm arguing that he had 1 year from his approval AND visa availability to file something on my behalf, being March 2006 - March 2007, per this shusterman example:

The DOS considers visa availability to be not only an approved petition BUT also a current priority date. A visa wasnt available to me until after his 485's approval, and then again still wasnt available to me until March 2006 so we have a year from March 2006 - March 2007 to get moving. We are mailing off an I-824 this week and once we get the receipt notice back, we will fedex that down to our consulate.

My question is, will they look at my CSPA eligibility right there and then and continue with the interview if i'm eligible or will they not accept my documents if they think i'm ineligible? Do they call you into an interview to then be denied if they dont feel you're eligible? Also, when/who are the fees paid to? I am currently in the US, and since AOS is not an option for me, I am willing to fly home to have this done but I dont want to fly home to only be denied. I'm assuming they're like the CIS and wont grant an interview unless they accept the claims?

Even if your husband applied for I-130 by mistake you can file I-824 for yourself. You will get visa in a shorter time if you follow FTJ route depending on your PD.

Good Lcuk.

redleaf said:
Thanks for your reply, Simala. I really appreciate this forum as I am learning a lot from you guys. For now, I took the advice of Kamrans and Judex to find out first what form or document got approved. I know I asked a stupid question trying to find out from you what it could be by making a guess. But at least, there were 2 options, either I-824 or I-130. Meanwhile, I would just keep my fingers crossed hoping it is I-824. I will get back to you when I know what document was filed. Thanks again, Kamrans, Judex & Simala. :)

I would say it will take around 5 years to clear this 245(i) mess. Check out the prediction from DOS in the March VB. See below they are talking about EB3 ROW that is having the spill over from EB1 and EB2 ROW. Forget about the other categories that are limited to 2800 visa numbers per category.
Sorry but its a fact and we have to digest it and plan accordingly.

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months.

NJBLUE said:
Hi Mega007,

I'm also thinking to apply for visiting visa for my wife .

My pd is Jan 02 EB3 India and I think it will take at least anohter year or two to get our turn. Please let me know if you find addiitonal info about this. Unfortunately I need to apply for it in Chennai consulate which is not easy.

Thanks

Congratulations. I like the success stories. This will boost our energies. Good Luck in your future endeavors.

krocker said:
EB3 - India, PD 4/30/01 -
Pls. find the attached document about a recently successful FTJ process in Chennai.

This document contains
1. Preparation for interview
2. Planning for interview
3. Q&A and 221(g) in the interview
4. 221(g) follow-up
5. Successful outcome
6. Notes to fellow applicants
7. Actual cover letters used for 221(g), I-824, FTJ Application for case#
8. Special Mentions.

Also posting a google docs version for backup reasons..
Google Doc Version

Thanks to everyone for their support.
I will try to answer any follow-up questions to this posting...

See your answers below:

California_Dude said:
Long story short.. after chatting on the internet and phone calls, I flew in from US to India for 2 weeks and got married to my girl on 14th Feb 2006 (that’s last year) just 3 days before leaving back for US. This was done in a temple with priests and her friends as witness. However her parents were against this inter-caste marriage and didn't want to sign on any marriage registration. She didn't want her friends to sign on the registration and with this we lost couple of days trying to convince them. In the end all we had was a couple of pictures with me and her, few with her friends and panditji. Left India without marriage certificate from registrar of marriage or any court certificate.

Facts about me: I had filled my LPR application thru my company in early 2002 in EB2 category and got my labor approval in July 2005. I filled my 140 and 485 immediately upon labor approval in Aug 2005 in concurrent process.

My 140 was approved in Dec and I got my first finger printing notice in Dec 2005 but I requested it to be postponed since I was planning to go to India and get married before my 485 was approved to include my gal on the process. However my trip got delayed due to work and I got a second finger printing notice for mid Feb in the mail sometime in Jan, which I had to send back again for re-scheduling since I would be in India getting married.

I got back from India on 18th Feb 06 and was told by my company lawyer that my process could be considered abandoned if I keep pushing back my finger printing date. So I took a copy of my notice and 485 receipts to the local USCIS office in Oakland where I was scheduled for finger printing. The guy told me that they have lot of requests for rescheduling and haven't processed a lot of paper work but can take my finger prints that very moment. I was done with my finger print without a scheduled notice :). I was happy, one less trip to downtown Oakland. My finger printing was done on Feb 24th.

With workloads and work deadlines, I pushed back on including her name on my 485 process. Also I didn't have a marriage certificate from India which was another concern. But the processing was so slow back then, with backlogs and stuff that I didn't expect my GC for another year and was planning a trip to India in May or June to get it registered somehow. But guess what, I got my GC in mail in mid April. WOW!...

For some work reasons (possibility of layoff if going on vacation sorta arm twisting) I couldn't make to India in June. Finally I am in India for a month now and her parents are ready to get it registered after a lot of family drama......filmy style.

Now the real deal.

We have the witnesses of the marriage on 14th Feb 2006, the panditji's letter, panditji in person and plan to register it in a couple of days with the Solemnized date of 14th Feb 2006. So in short the certificate will read register on 27th Feb 2007, marriage solemnized on 14th Feb 2006. With signatures from her parents and my parents etc.

All facts in short again
1. I filled for labor in early 2002 and got it approved in July 2005.
2. Filled 140 and 485 concurrently in Aug 05
3. 140 approved in Dec 05
4. First finger printing notice for Dec05.
5. Second finger printing notice for mid feb 06
6. Got married in a temple on 14th Feb. 06
7. Actual finger printing on 24th Feb 06
8. Green card in mail mid April 06 with: Residence since 4/12/06.

Now the questions.

Q1 - Can I file a Follow to join, FTJ process for my wife using form I-824 and a marriage certificate stating I was married on 14th Feb 2006, after my 140 was approved but before my 485 was approved.
Yes as the marriage get consumed that time. You need to give them the pictures etc.

Q2 - What if 824 is denied citing such a late registration of marriage? Can I appeal/challenge it in any way?
I-824 wont get denied based on this. You just need to give them official proof that you get married before your 485 approval.

Q3 - What if the 824 gets approved but during the interview at the US consulate in India they question the same (diff in date of marriage and date of registration)?
It is understandable that family situation arise and it happened. There is nothing to worry. If you havent maipulated the circumstances then you should be brave enough to apply and tell them the exact situation and ask them for the help.

Q4 - How can I prove that this is a genuine case and registration was delayed due to marriage being inter-caste?
Get an oath from some of your friends who where present there and notorize it. Also ask the lawyer may be he will have some better suggestion.

Q5 - Do you see any problem for me in FTJ process? If so what are the alternate solutions?
There shouldnt be any problem in FTJ. Apply for it and I am sure you will get it. Dont think about the other options at this time.

Good Luck

Please reply to this post. I would really appreciate it. I hope I have put my story clearly. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Everything depends on your status now. Whats your status?.

Good Luck.

H-1B.. The reason I said AOS isnt an option for me is because the CIS isnt accepting my case because they expect me to have submitted an I-485 in that timeline when I had no legal right to do so at the time. They dont care if I was a following-to-join case or not. I'm willing to fly home and reenter if thats what it takes.

IF its H1B then why dont you go for GC through employment. This may be the good option depending on your category.If its EB3 then think about some other options.
Since you are physically present here in USA, FTJ is not an option for you. You can apply for adjustment of status here. FTJ is for people outside USA. But you are saying they are not accepting your 485 is beyond imagination. I would recommend cosulting a good immigration lawyer who can really do something and know what can be done.
Can you elaborate more why they are not accepting your application and why you where unable to file when you were here.
Let me know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

H-1B.. The reason I said AOS isnt an option for me is because the CIS isnt accepting my case because they expect me to have submitted an I-485 in that timeline when I had no legal right to do so at the time. They dont care if I was a following-to-join case or not. I'm willing to fly home and reenter if thats what it takes.

My PD is current & early this year I got married, my wife is in US for past 7 years on H1B status. We sent her i485 in 2nd week of January, last week we received rejection notice for her saying "Fee was not included" they sent the whole package is back to lawyer's office & checks were there in the package itself. My lawer sent back the package & it was recieved by NSC on 15th Feb according to FedEx confirmation. My concerns are...

- Since my PD is current and if I get approval before NSC assign a receipt number to my wife's i485 case, what will happen?
- Lawer said once we get the receipt number for i485 then only we can apply for EAD, is that how it should be?
- My wife called NSC, representative was very polite but could not help much, she said wait for 30 days for receipt number, is there anything we can do to atleast get the receipt number, so that we know my wife's i485 is filed and she will get her GC soon rather waiting for 3-4 years if I get my approval & then she files for GC it will take 3-4 years

Please advice....

Status
Not open for further replies.