Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamrans: i-134 affidavit of support

my wife told me that she haven't filed ITR form 1040 and wage statement form w-2 which is needed for her i134 affidavit of support. can this be easly get from the IRS? what documents needed? process? is there a payment for this forms?

thanks,

judex

Last edited by a moderator:
She dont need anything for I-134. Its just a form that need to be filled out and get it notorize. She needs to sign it in front of the notary.
The question you asked is about the tax return. Everybody has to file the taxes at the end of each year and the last date is April 15th. The form that goes is 1040 and that is filled out based on your income from all sources that includes your W2(Permanent employee), 1099(independent consultant), stocks and your savings account.
For the year 2005 if she was here she must have filed the taxes before april 2006. She must have a copy of 1040 with W2. CPA (Accountant) does the tax return here and individual people can also do that. CPA always give a copy of 1040 and w2. For this year she needs to file it through the CPA. Dont forget to get a copy of 1040 and W2.
Let me know if its still not clear.

Good Luck.

judex said:
my wife told me that she haven't filed ITR form 1040 and wage statement form w-2 which is needed for her i134 affidavit of support. can this be easly get from the IRS? what documents needed? process? is there a payment for this forms?

thanks,

judex

Thanks Kamrans for your guidance. Sorry I did not make clear about my immigration status...

I am living in US, working & holding H1-B. As mentioned in my earlier posting my current employer HR has put on hold my I 140 filing (my LC was cleared Sep 2006), not telling me the reason for this hold (my other Indian collogue is facing the same problem, all our immigration related matters are handled by HR director and he is behaving like this), knowing that my GC was not going further on time, we decided to get court marriage done before our wedding that is to be held in India (it was a difficult decision for to make to get court marriage done with out parents blessings) .

Our prime concern was what if we don’t receive the receipt of my FTJ & my husband’s GC gets approved then I will have to wait God knows how many more years to get my GC. But now it is clear to me that since we are married before his GC is approved I can file for FTJ anytime.

While I am typing this another question popped up in my mind ;) Our lawyer never gave us the option to add me in his 485, is it quicker process than FTJ?

Is filing I-824 & FTJ process same? I looked at I-824 form that is not the form we have filed for my FTJ application.

Please advice

Ok I got your situation now.
For the people who are outside USA they only have the option to file FTJ(I-824). They cannot do 485.
For the people inside USA the only option is I-485. If you are married then you have to add your name in your husband's petition. If your name is added before his I-485 approval then you both will get the green card at the same time. I-824 is not an option for you. As soon as you file for I-485 you can apply for EAD and work on that. Now you dont need H1B.
If your name is not added in I-485 before his approval then you have to file I-485 for yourself only based on your husband's green card and it will take around two years these days.
Check which option suits you and decide accordingly. Let me know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

Pari0104 said:
Thanks Kamrans for your guidance. Sorry I did not make clear about my immigration status...

I am living in US, working & holding H1-B. As mentioned in my earlier posting my current employer HR has put on hold my I 140 filing (my LC was cleared Sep 2006), not telling me the reason for this hold (my other Indian collogue is facing the same problem, all our immigration related matters are handled by HR director and he is behaving like this), knowing that my GC was not going further on time, we decided to get court marriage done before our wedding that is to be held in India (it was a difficult decision for to make to get court marriage done with out parents blessings) .

Our prime concern was what if we don’t receive the receipt of my FTJ & my husband’s GC gets approved then I will have to wait God knows how many more years to get my GC. But now it is clear to me that since we are married before his GC is approved I can file for FTJ anytime.

While I am typing this another question popped up in my mind ;) Our lawyer never gave us the option to add me in his 485, is it quicker process than FTJ?

Is filing I-824 & FTJ process same? I looked at I-824 form that is not the form we have filed for my FTJ application.

Please advice

Thanks Kamrans!

Thank you very much kamrans, you always have answers to any questions that is given to you...

My wife entered US June of 2006, she doesn't have the ITR. can we file it this February or March? or any time of the year?

I have seen the ITR forms, CPAs need to file it for my wife, she hates math :)

thanks again,

judex

kamrans said:
She dont need anything for I-134. Its just a form that need to be filled out and get it notorize. She needs to sign it in front of the notary.
The question you asked is about the tax return. Everybody has to file the taxes at the end of each year and the last date is April 15th. The form that goes is 1040 and that is filled out based on your income from all sources that includes your W2(Permanent employee), 1099(independent consultant), stocks and your savings account.
For the year 2005 if she was here she must have filed the taxes before april 2006. She must have a copy of 1040 with W2. CPA (Accountant) does the tax return here and individual people can also do that. CPA always give a copy of 1040 and w2. For this year she needs to file it through the CPA. Dont forget to get a copy of 1040 and W2.
Let me know if its still not clear.

Good Luck.

I am just fortunate that most of the questions asked by the people in this thread is known to me. Thanks for the appreciation. I just try to help everybody with all my knowledge that I have so that everybody will have the correct information.
Ask your wife to get W2 or 1099 from the employer. Usually the employer sends the W2 to the home address. She needs to take this W2 or 1099 and go to the CPA. CPA will get all the details and will fill out 1040 for your wife. Remember your wife needs to file the taxes as single or married filing separately since you are not here. Also she needs to file it before April 15th 2007 as this is the last day of filing the taxes.
CPA will give her the copy of W2 and 1040. You will need these during your interview.

Good Luck.

judex said:
Thank you very much kamrans, you always have answers to any questions that is given to you...

My wife entered US June of 2006, she doesn't have the ITR. can we file it this February or March? or any time of the year?

I have seen the ITR forms, CPAs need to file it for my wife, she hates math :)

thanks again,

judex

Thanks kamrans! You are in DC right? when the time comes, i'll shake your hands and say thank you... :)

kamrans said:
I am just fortunate that most of the questions asked by the people in this thread is known to me. Thanks for the appreciation. I just try to help everybody with all my knowledge that I have so that everybody will have the correct information.
Ask your wife to get W2 or 1099 from the employer. Usually the employer sends the W2 to the home address. She needs to take this W2 or 1099 and go to the CPA. CPA will get all the details and will fill out 1040 for your wife. Remember your wife needs to file the taxes as single or married filing separately since you are not here. Also she needs to file it before April 15th 2007 as this is the last day of filing the taxes.
CPA will give her the copy of W2 and 1040. You will need these during your interview.

Good Luck.

You are welcome. I am in illinois and sure we will celebrate it once you get it with all the families of affectees.

Good Luck.

judex said:
Thanks kamrans! You are in DC right? when the time comes, i'll shake your hands and say thank you... :)

I have my consular interview

Hi kamrans, and every one in this forum, I have been folowing every post here for the las couple of years and finaly, i do have a date for my interview at CDJ at the end of this month, for me took from the begining of octuber 2006 since i had my I-824 approved until january 2007 to get my apointment at CDJ, I been realy busy this days.
in the Name of JESUS every thing is going to be OK.

Congratulations. You will be ok. Dont worry.

Good Luck.

JCisLORD said:
Hi kamrans, and every one in this forum, I have been folowing every post here for the las couple of years and finaly, i do have a date for my interview at CDJ at the end of this month, for me took from the begining of octuber 2006 since i had my I-824 approved until january 2007 to get my apointment at CDJ, I been realy busy this days.
in the Name of JESUS every thing is going to be OK.

God bless us all!

Just got our approval for 1-824 for my dependents too, thanks GOD! Just updating you guys! God bless!

Simala2006

ftj getting delayed - workingaround to live with lifepartner

Hi all, (hello usnycus, njblue, srinipvr [am not sure how many r still luking this thread now] )

congrats for all who are getting their immigration issues solved ! including the FTJ approvals. I am one of those who applied FTJ for my wife sometime in aug 2005. I got married in nov 2004(registerd) in india and i got my gc on may 2005.

My PD is Aug 2002 which is again my wife's. Like many of us, after the frustrations, with some of the tips i got, i am wondering/planning to get a canadian tourist visa for my wife and bring her near to Detroit (in canada side) and find a job in detroit and to live together.

I am wondering to get tips and suggestions from you all in accomplishing this. I already pulled the documentations and sent it to my wife to fill and make things ready. I do not know how much financial / bank balance got to be shown and how the financial support letter can be produced. we got somebody in canada who might be willing to produce a invitation also.

thanks in advance. sorry for the long writing.

Hi mega007,
I am quite concerned with the details of your case. I was told by the company lawyers(big tech firm) and some members in this forum(who are excellent BTW) that typically the FTJ process (where you get married prior to 485 approval but before spouse enters the US) takes 6 to 8 months if your PD is current...since you can use the employment quota instead of FB quota My PD is Dec 2001, EB2, India.

I filed for 485 in July 25'06 and no approval yet. I am currently in India and hoping to get married in Chennai within the next 2-3 weeks, so that I can take advantage of the FTJ benefits incase my 485 gets approved before my spouse enters the US.

Can you comment on why it has taken you more than 18 months and you tsill havent been able to get your wife to US on FTJ benefits? This is extremely important since I want to keep my to be spouse properly informed of all the possibilities. Others are also welcome to chime in with their views.

Thanks!

mega007 said:
Hi all, (hello usnycus, njblue, srinipvr [am not sure how many r still luking this thread now] )

congrats for all who are getting their immigration issues solved ! including the FTJ approvals. I am one of those who applied FTJ for my wife sometime in aug 2005. I got married in nov 2004(registerd) in india and i got my gc on may 2005.

My PD is Aug 2002 which is again my wife's. Like many of us, after the frustrations, with some of the tips i got, i am wondering/planning to get a canadian tourist visa for my wife and bring her near to Detroit (in canada side) and find a job in detroit and to live together.

I am wondering to get tips and suggestions from you all in accomplishing this. I already pulled the documentations and sent it to my wife to fill and make things ready. I do not know how much financial / bank balance got to be shown and how the financial support letter can be produced. we got somebody in canada who might be willing to produce a invitation also.

Mega,
Your story is not very different from others. I am not sure of your PD and category. Depending on PD and category you can easily predict about your case. If your category is EB3 then think about the other options. If its EB2 then why its getting late. Whats the status of your 824. Is it approved. Is the case opened with the embassy or not.
If you are EB3 then I would say it will take about 2-3 years for the 2002 PD to get current if no legislation is passed.
Canada is a good option but its not that easy. You can try. I am not sure what docs you need for the visit visa in canada. Remember not to lie anywhere. If your wife tell the canadians that her husband is in USA then they will know what your intentions are. Minimum of 5000-10000 US dollars is enough to sponsor someone provided your income is more than the poverty guidelines.
I would rather recommend you to apply for the visit visa of USA. People from India got it and I know them. You just have to prove them that you will not overstay and become illegal because you know your wife will come here one day on legal grounds so you dont want her to become illegal. Its just a matter of time because of on going retrogression.
Decision is yours but take any decision when you are 100% sure that it will work. Any denials on passport will arise doubts in their minds about your case. Do not take any decision in hurry. I know the frustration and pain when you are away from loved ones.
Let me know if I would be of further help.
Good Luck.

mega007 said:

You need to get married as soon as possible because your 485 can be approved anytime as your PD is current.
Are you travelling on H1 or on advanced parole?.

Good Luck and congratulations on your marriage. BTW where is our invitation......

doesitmatter said:
Hi mega007,
I am quite concerned with the details of your case. I was told by the company lawyers(big tech firm) and some members in this forum(who are excellent BTW) that typically the FTJ process (where you get married prior to 485 approval but before spouse enters the US) takes 6 to 8 months if your PD is current...since you can use the employment quota instead of FB quota My PD is Dec 2001, EB2, India.

I filed for 485 in July 25'06 and no approval yet. I am currently in India and hoping to get married in Chennai within the next 2-3 weeks, so that I can take advantage of the FTJ benefits incase my 485 gets approved before my spouse enters the US.

Can you comment on why it has taken you more than 18 months and you tsill havent been able to get your wife to US on FTJ benefits? This is extremely important since I want to keep my to be spouse properly informed of all the possibilities. Others are also welcome to chime in with their views.

Thanks!

hi kamran and doesitmatter

hi kamran and doesitmatter,

first of all thanks for your responses. btw, it is my bad that i did not mention few details like... category..mine is eb3. Also, like 'doesitmatter' thinks my PD is not current. My PD is aug2002 and the currently the May 2001 is for eb3 ... am i right... kamran's advice is right.... u got to get married soon... and my congrats to u too... also ! i am too younger in the ftj-age ! point when compared to so many people who r waiting more than 18 months ... please chek it out .... i think it is quicker for eb2 but not for eb3

kamran, as u mentioned if it is gonna take 2 -3 years from NOW !! though i already had a unwilling guess on that .. i cant even beleive ... okay ! now... like you if anybodyelse see this posting and give me canadian tourist visa - tips ! i will greatly appreciate. Also, Yes my 824 is approved long bak in 2005 end and it was cabled to chennai consulate... and also a case no. has been created long time bak....do u think applying visitor visa to USA is better ? i donno... i thought canadian may be better... but i buy ur words very clear that we wud not lie anywhere .... also... this is a shock to me that canadian consulate may consider my presence in US to give approval for tourist visa to my wife ... kamran, have u heard any cases that went wrong... please write me bak...also... having fear on any kinda denials in passport might affect the original ftj case made me not to try anything else... but since it is taking time for ever... i thought of implementing something.... pour on ur tips please ....thanks all.

thanks kamrans and mega 2007. That greatly helps.

kamrans: I am travelling on H1 currently....and plan to re-enter using it....though I have my AP also with me just in case my 485 gets approved while I am in India. Is there any issue with that?

Thanks!

Mega,
Yes the PD for India these days is May 2001. Hard to believe but India is limited to 2800 visa numbers per category per year. So this means EB3 quota is 2800 visa numbers. This can only increase if EB3 ROW becomes current then the spill over will go to oversubscribed countries. Right now all the spill over is going to EB3 ROW since its retrogressed.
I would still say that applying for US visit visa is a better option. Even if you get denied you can say that you applied because you dont see any hope in furutre. Option for canada is good but I dont see any base of this option. Problem arise when there is no basis of applying for canada.
Applying visit visa for canada or USA from india or any other country in Asia needs a lot of support and evidences. Its not that easy to get. But in your case you can tell them that its difficult for you guys to live apart and everything is done and even then you guys are waiting thats why you are applying for visit visa. Believe me I have seen people from India who got it. They just have told them that she needs to visit the husband and will come back after 3 months.
Let me know if you have further questions and good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.