Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should really follow and do as kamrans and judex has suggested.
1. send the fedex with a cover letter, spouse's bio details and the supporting documents for the PD correction.
2. send an email with scan copies of the fedex, attached.
3. call the embassy and politely explain the mixup and the impending dangers of retrogression and the need to speed up the interview.
4. send a gentle reminder email in few days after the fedex is delivered.
5. call and talk to the embassy/consulate a few days after the fedex is delivered.

repeat 4 & 5, gently, untill you get a desired response.

i truly wish u good luck.

Thanks you Kamrans and Judex.

What is 245(i) is about? Our PD is 2001 April. Will it effect our's as well?

Advance Parole

Hi Kamrans and others !

Since FTJ process is getting delayed, as I am planning to get a job and go to india for now in another 3 months, I am wondering whether somebody can suggest me regarding the Advance Parole (kinda thing) that I can apply for max 2 years (from 1 year to 2 years if not ) to maintain my GC status.

What is the form that I need to submit and get approved before I go ?

What else do I need to take care regarding the immigration stuff ?

[fyi, my pd and hence my wife's pd is Aug 2002]

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senate Kicks Off Debate On Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Feb. 28, 2007

SENATE KICKS OFF DEBATE ON COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM
The Senate Judiciary Committee got the ball rolling yesterday on comprehensive immigration reform when it held hearings featuring testimony from Secretary of Homeland Security Chertoff and Secretary of Commerce Gutierrez. Both officials gave strong endorsements of CIR while also touting the recent successes of DHS in the area of border security and work site enforcement. We will be including the testimony of the two Cabinet members in the next Siskind's Immigration Bulletin.

Sources are telling us that the Senate will formally introduce their bill in the next several days and begin markup in committee on March 19th. Floor debate is set to begin April 7th with the hope of the bill being completely wrapped up by Memorial Day. The House is expected to introduce its bill shortly after the Senate.
# posted by Greg Siskind @ 9:58 PM

Yes the option should be C but apparently there is a mistake but it shouldn't be vital. The petitioner should be you but the beneficiary should be your wife. It shouldn't be a problem. Proceed with the US embassy and see what they say.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much kamrans!
I filed I-824 last year and but after its approval, nothing ever happened, and it's been over 3 months. So I was suspecting that I made some mistake on I-824 request selection (I did selected option C).

I've got another question, on the I-824 approval notice, both the Petitioner and Beneficiary are my name, and my spouse's name was not on that notice. On 824 form, I put my spouse's name and address as the "principal beneficiary". Does this mean that there is an error on the I-824 approval notice?

It's a good decision. Go for it and have good time with your family. The form is I-131 that you have to submit. DO NOT leave US until you get the advanced parole. You can get stay outside of US for a maximum period of a year without advanced parole. If its less then 6 months then you are extremely safe.

Good Luck.

Hi Kamrans and others !
Since FTJ process is getting delayed, as I am planning to get a job and go to india for now in another 3 months, I am wondering whether somebody can suggest me regarding the Advance Parole (kinda thing) that I can apply for max 2 years (from 1 year to 2 years if not ) to maintain my GC status.

What is the form that I need to submit and get approved before I go ?

What else do I need to take care regarding the immigration stuff ?

[fyi, my pd and hence my wife's pd is Aug 2002]

Thanks all.

It's delayed until next week because they are still working on some provisions that are confliction. It's not presented in the house/senate floor yet.

Feb. 28, 2007

SENATE KICKS OFF DEBATE ON COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM
The Senate Judiciary Committee got the ball rolling yesterday on comprehensive immigration reform when it held hearings featuring testimony from Secretary of Homeland Security Chertoff and Secretary of Commerce Gutierrez. Both officials gave strong endorsements of CIR while also touting the recent successes of DHS in the area of border security and work site enforcement. We will be including the testimony of the two Cabinet members in the next Siskind's Immigration Bulletin.

Sources are telling us that the Senate will formally introduce their bill in the next several days and begin markup in committee on March 19th. Floor debate is set to begin April 7th with the hope of the bill being completely wrapped up by Memorial Day. The House is expected to introduce its bill shortly after the Senate.
# posted by Greg Siskind @ 9:58 PM

I-131

Thanks a lot kamrans for ur advice ! do u have any idea how long it wud take to get it bak once i apply for I-131 ! Lets say I have plan to go in July, when wud you suggest me to apply .... thanks kamrans... again ! will it be valid for 2 years ! just in case ...

It's a good decision. Go for it and have good time with your family. The form is I-131 that you have to submit. DO NOT leave US until you get the advanced parole. You can get stay outside of US for a maximum period of a year without advanced parole. If its less then 6 months then you are extremely safe.

Good Luck.

canada work visa

Hi kamrans and all,

Okay - we being green card holders .... do u see the possibilities of applying a work visa to canada (assuming finding a job in canada) and getting the wife from india thru the Dependenta visa ?

Is this something possible and if so how ? (i kinda know that finding a job in canada is not easier compare to how we can do in US. )

this is just a thought, though my plan to go bak to india for a while is firm !

thanks all,

Delay on Green Card

My wife is from Russia. I am a US Citizen. We filed the I-485 on 09/22/04 and on 10/05/05 we were asked for additional evidence (income, yet I exceed 3 times the Poerty level?!) specific to the I-864...which we provided and USCIS apparently accepted. On 11/22/05 our case, which was transferred to California Service Center from Nebraska (to speed it up!...quite the contrary)... and our Notice of Action statedwe would complete this with-in 60 days (Get the green card) which places it at Feb 2006. To date a year later No green card and my Congressman (actually 3) say that it is pending the FBI background check.

So...... as we had fingerprints taken AGAIN on August 19 2006....we have no idea why this is tking so long. Our I-765 expired and we didn't renew it thinking we would have our green card. And now, as we want to go to Russia this summer....we are outside the processing times to put in an I-131 and get it back in time.

I called the FBI Status number you have posted and TODAY an agent said they no longer give out that information!

Monday I have a call from the United States Senator of SC...Mr Lindsay Grahams Aide...that specifically deals with INS/Immigration.

Any suggestions on how I can get my wife her green card...now a year past when I was told we'd have it.....before summer approaches?

Thanks you......

Depending on the I-131 processing in your SC you can easily estimate when you will have it. Check the timeline in your service center.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot kamrans for ur advice ! do u have any idea how long it wud take to get it bak once i apply for I-131 ! Lets say I have plan to go in July, when wud you suggest me to apply .... thanks kamrans... again ! will it be valid for 2 years ! just in case ...

I dont know about canadian work visa but you can apply for immigration there. You will get that in 2-3 years. But its very hard to get a job there. Also you cannot have both immigrations at the same time. Either you can have canadian or can have american.
But its not a bad thought though. Give it a try.

Good Luck.

Hi kamrans and all,

Okay - we being green card holders .... do u see the possibilities of applying a work visa to canada (assuming finding a job in canada) and getting the wife from india thru the Dependenta visa ?

Is this something possible and if so how ? (i kinda know that finding a job in canada is not easier compare to how we can do in US. )

this is just a thought, though my plan to go bak to india for a while is firm !

thanks all,

Sounds like it stuck in the name check. Nobody can do anything man. Not even your senators and congressmen. The only thing you can do is sue them if its taking too long and thats how people are getting it. I dont see any other option.
You are talking about year in name check.... I know someone who is stuck since the last 4 years just in name check to get the citizenship interview date. He is permanent resident right now.

Good Luck.

My wife is from Russia. I am a US Citizen. We filed the I-485 on 09/22/04 and on 10/05/05 we were asked for additional evidence (income, yet I exceed 3 times the Poerty level?!) specific to the I-864...which we provided and USCIS apparently accepted. On 11/22/05 our case, which was transferred to California Service Center from Nebraska (to speed it up!...quite the contrary)... and our Notice of Action statedwe would complete this with-in 60 days (Get the green card) which places it at Feb 2006. To date a year later No green card and my Congressman (actually 3) say that it is pending the FBI background check.

So...... as we had fingerprints taken AGAIN on August 19 2006....we have no idea why this is tking so long. Our I-765 expired and we didn't renew it thinking we would have our green card. And now, as we want to go to Russia this summer....we are outside the processing times to put in an I-131 and get it back in time.

I called the FBI Status number you have posted and TODAY an agent said they no longer give out that information!

Monday I have a call from the United States Senator of SC...Mr Lindsay Grahams Aide...that specifically deals with INS/Immigration.

Any suggestions on how I can get my wife her green card...now a year past when I was told we'd have it.....before summer approaches?

Thanks you......

Hello every body
My I-824 has been approved on oct 6,2006 i received the letter fron the NVC that there are not any visa currently availabale my question is when will i receive my visa and i have already receive my case number

Nobody can tell. It can be anywhere from 5-10 years from now. Check the most recent visa bulletin for more information.

Hello every body
My I-824 has been approved on oct 6,2006 i received the letter fron the NVC that there are not any visa currently availabale my question is when will i receive my visa and i have already receive my case number

does anyone know where I can find the details in the Foreign Affairs Manual that states that posts can begin processing cases based on an I-824 receipt? My consulate is telling me that they are waiting for my approved I-824 from the CIS even though i've already sent them a copy of the I-824 receipt notice, all the supporting documents and a completed DS-230. Let me know if there's anything I can do next because only god knows how long it's gonna take the TSC to get to my I-824 considering they're still processing receipts from September 2006.

Check my old posts. I have posted the PDF file thats having this detail. If the consulate is not creating a case then you cannot do anything even if you have the PDF file. Usually they dont listen. You cannot argue with them. You need to clarify with them if they can open the case or not based on your receipt notice.

Good Luck.

does anyone know where I can find the details in the Foreign Affairs Manual that states that posts can begin processing cases based on an I-824 receipt? My consulate is telling me that they are waiting for my approved I-824 from the CIS even though i've already sent them a copy of the I-824 receipt notice, all the supporting documents and a completed DS-230. Let me know if there's anything I can do next because only god knows how long it's gonna take the TSC to get to my I-824 considering they're still processing receipts from September 2006.

FTJ Issues

Hi mega007

Apologies for the delay. I just got back from India after spending 3 weeks.

I'm thinking to apply for Visitors visa for my wife. I don't have any hope that my wife will join me this year with the current rate. My wife can not take this any more as we already spent apart almost 2 and half years. My PD is JAN 2002 (EB3 India).

I'm also thinking to apply for reentry permit (2 years) and go back to India for 2 years if she does not get visitors visa.

Please let me know your thoughts.

This is a good decision. Let us know if we would be of any help in future. Try the visit visa. Hopefully she will get it. Have a good time with family.
House is working on the CIR but with the present pace I would imagine it will enact by mid 2008.

Good Luck.

Hi mega007

Apologies for the delay. I just got back from India after spending 3 weeks.

I'm thinking to apply for Visitors visa for my wife. I don't have any hope that my wife will join me this year with the current rate. My wife can not take this any more as we already spent apart almost 2 and half years. My PD is JAN 2002 (EB3 India).

I'm also thinking to apply for reentry permit (2 years) and go back to India for 2 years if she does not visitors visa.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Tourist Visa

Hope I can get also a tourist visa... I'm planning to get a Tourist Visa this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.