Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good News -- New immigration bill

Shusterman reported that new immigration bill will be introduced next week. May be its good news for all of us.

Good Luck.

Retrogression

I was informed by CHAY that she received an email from the US Embassy-Manila that we are affected by the retrogression. Category: Shedule A, PD:April(chay) and Sept(mine) 2003. I will confirm it on monday thru phone calls.

Hope everybody is happy if the Immigration Bill is passed.

kamrans, if the bill is intruduced and passed, when will be its implementation? hope soon...

judex

Shusterman reported that new immigration bill will be introduced next week. May be its good news for all of us.

Good Luck.

I was informed by CHAY that she received an email from the US Embassy-Manila that we are affected by the retrogression. Category: Shedule A, PD:April(chay) and Sept(mine) 2003. I will confirm it on monday thru phone calls.

kamrans, if the bill is intruduced and passed, when will be its implementation? hope soon...

judex

Hi Judex,
Tks for the update. That means mine too then. My PD accdg to my Packet 3 is Dec2004 but when I called the embassy its Sep2003. I was really hoping that since we mailed back our Packet 3 before Sched A was retrogressed that we will somehow move forward. I guess, we have to wait and pray some more then.

Tks Kamrans! Any good news somewhat helps the agonizing wait....

confirmed

i have just confirmed that EX category(nurse and PT) has retrogressed, no information till when it will last... let us pray for the 90,000 visas be recaptured... Embassy Manila

judex

judex

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I feared when we all were speculating about schedule A. Its good to be optimistic but we have to keep our eyes and ears open to see where we are heading. Sorry to hear that.
Now the question is whether the schedule A is counted against regular EB3 or they dont have any visa number available at this time?. Even if its counted against regular EB3 the PD is aug 2002 and they are talking to take the dates back to 2001 because of backlog elimination efforts of labor department.
CIR or recapturing of the visa numbers requires US congress to pass something. CIR will take around a year to pass because it has a long way to go. Sometime back I have posted the details how it works and how it becomes law. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post the full details.
Recapturing visa numbers and allocation for schedule A is having the higher chance of getting pass sooner in comparison to passCIR. So keep your fingers crossed and watch all the news thats coming. You might get good news soon.
Cheer up and pray. Thats all we can do. Nothing is in our hands.

Good Luck.

i have just confirmed that EX category(nurse and PT) has retrogressed, no information till when it will last... let us pray for the 90,000 visas be recaptured... Embassy Manila

judex

Kamrams,

that wud be awsome if some good one comes ... i got a question to you. I wud appreciate others reply too ....

Okay, this is wot my idea now is / i think i am going to do / [got to do]......

1. am in the process of filing canadian tourist visa to my wife and if she gets it, am planning to find a job in city of detroit, MI and commute from canada, me being GC holder i guess there shud not be issue to commute from canada ..

2. if she is not getting the canada tourist visa, i am planning to find a job in india and go back in month of july .... [may be come bak in 6 months to maintain the GC status ..... / or i may not come bak ... depending upon the JOB/immigration factors ....]

Questions :

1. How long i can be out of country to maintain the gc-status ?

2. If I stay longer than 6 months (that is what i heard as limit to stay out of hte country in one year ), what kinda proofs that i can show to get my gc status bak ? [i am kinda believing this is wot would happen .....]

3. Important one : If I go in july and lets say ... in 3 months they get the interview letter to my wife ...... WILL I LAG IN ANY DOCUMENTS that has to be provided on my wife's interview like my recent stay/income proof in USA ???

I would greatly appreciate if anybody could share your ideas and information regd. my situation...

thanks in advance for every one who could reply this ...

(NJBLUE, I did not get any reply from you .... Could you please contact me when you get chance .... u said u r kinda in very same situations of mine ..thanks)

thanks all,

Good Luck.

bad news, USCIS send me an request for evidence letter, request more information about my I-824 application. it says that USCIS need more information about my family. I filed I-824 one month ago for my wife's Follow-to-Join application, is there anybody know the checklist for I-824 follow-to-join application?? how can I get sample files for biography of my family?? DO it need to include everyone's information in my family and my wife's family numbers?? urgent! please help me!! thanks

zpyao

hi zpyao,

you just need to read the past post from this thread, start from page 120, you will learn more...

judex

bad news, USCIS send me an request for evidence letter, request more information about my I-824 application. it says that USCIS need more information about my family. I filed I-824 one month ago for my wife's Follow-to-Join application, is there anybody know the checklist for I-824 follow-to-join application?? how can I get sample files for biography of my family?? DO it need to include everyone's information in my family and my wife's family numbers?? urgent! please help me!! thanks

Dear friends,

Really appreciated your effort in providing all the necessary for all of us.

Our PD is april 2001. But the INS put wrong date on Approved notice I-824. with Kamrans and Judex suggestions I have corrected with INS recently. INS sent me new approved notice to me in US address .Do I have to send the corrected one to (Local INS)Chennai consulate ?I'm from Andhra Pradesh, India.
The packet3 we have sent with approved notice says 2004 Dec which is incorrect.Every time I call Chennai consulate they say your PD is 2004 you have to wait a long. so, do I have to send the corrected copy to local ins consulate?
Ours also EB3 category. What is the current processing timings? As per krocker his case PD 2001 April.
If they are processing example 2001 August cases by now, do they consider ours as current ? because our PD was 2001 April. Please help me.

rambabu123,

Send a Notarized Copy of the New approved Notice, they will correct it, you can also fax it... Do this ASAP!

Your PD should be current...

judex

Dear friends,

Our PD is april 2001. But the INS put wrong date on Approved notice I-824. with Kamrans and Judex suggestions I have corrected with INS recently. INS sent me new approved notice to me in US address .Do I have to send the corrected one to (Local INS)Chennai consulate ?I'm from Andhra Pradesh, India.
The packet3 we have sent with approved notice says 2004 Dec which is incorrect.Every time I call Chennai consulate they say your PD is 2004 you have to wait a long. so, do I have to send the corrected copy to local ins consulate?
Ours also EB3 category. What is the current processing timings? As per krocker his case PD 2001 April.
If they are processing example 2001 August cases by now, do they consider ours as current ? because our PD was 2001 April. Please help me.

See the answers below:

Kamrams,

that wud be awsome if some good one comes ... i got a question to you. I wud appreciate others reply too ....

Okay, this is wot my idea now is / i think i am going to do / [got to do]......

1. am in the process of filing canadian tourist visa to my wife and if she gets it, am planning to find a job in city of detroit, MI and commute from canada, me being GC holder i guess there shud not be issue to commute from canada ..
There is no problem in commuting from canada. I have seen a lot of TN visa holders who do this. I am not sure about the GC. If you commute everyday then it will come in question that why are you living in canada having the US GC.

2. if she is not getting the canada tourist visa, i am planning to find a job in india and go back in month of july .... [may be come bak in 6 months to maintain the GC status ..... / or i may not come bak ... depending upon the JOB/immigration factors ....]

Good Decision. This whole immigration system needs complete overhaul and I dont know if its gonna happen in our life time or not.

Questions :

1. How long i can be out of country to maintain the gc-status ?
If you dont want your period to reset to apply for citizenship then it should be less than 6 months. If you stay for less than a year then you dont need any authorization but your period will get reset. The max would be 2 years and you need USCIS authorization for it.

2. If I stay longer than 6 months (that is what i heard as limit to stay out of hte country in one year ), what kinda proofs that i can show to get my gc status bak ? [i am kinda believing this is wot would happen .....]

3. Important one : If I go in july and lets say ... in 3 months they get the interview letter to my wife ...... WILL I LAG IN ANY DOCUMENTS that has to be provided on my wife's interview like my recent stay/income proof in USA ???
Income verification is needed for the interview because they just want to make sure that your family will not become the govt liability. If thats the case I would recommend you to stay for 3 months or come back early and find something there that you can show during the interview.

I would greatly appreciate if anybody could share your ideas and information regd. my situation...

thanks in advance for every one who could reply this ...

(NJBLUE, I did not get any reply from you .... Could you please contact me when you get chance .... u said u r kinda in very same situations of mine ..thanks)

thanks all,

This is absolutely no bad news at all. This is happening because you havent stated your spouse information along with 824. How would they know who needs to be contacted?.
Write everything on a paper and send it along with your letter. This needs to be filled out only for your wife. You dont have to fill out the whole family information. They are asking about only the FTJ beneficiary.

Good Luck.

Your answers are as follows:

1) Your PD is current. The PD for India is May 08, 2001. So April is current.
2) Send the fedex from here with a letter and copy of I-824. State in that that letter that the PD was wrong earlier and USCIS just corrected it. Please correct it in your records and arrange the interview as my PD is current.
3) Scan that I-824 and send it in email to the consulate explaining them the situation and requesting them to contact your wife for further proceedings since your PD is current. The letter should have your wife complete contact details.

You need to rush now as they are talking about another retrogression coming in few months. If that will happen then it will take years to clear 245(i) flood.

Good Luck.

Dear friends,

Thanks you Kamrans and Judex.

What is 245(i) is about? Our PD is 2001 April. Will it effect our's as well?

245(i) is the provision introduced by Clinton administration in 2001 to give amnesty to illegals here in USA. The last date to apply for that was April 30th, 2001. An estimated 350000 people applied and they are getting visa numbers from family based or employment based categories and all have the PD of on or before april 2001.
Until this queue is cleared we cannot expect anything good to happen in the near future.

Thanks you Kamrans and Judex.

What is 245(i) is about? Our PD is 2001 April. Will it effect our's as well?

Cir

CIR debate is started in the senate judiciary committe today. Keep the fingers crossed and I will keep you guys posted on this issue.

Ask a question about I-824 request selection

For spouse following-to-join, in form I-824 which one should be requested:
Option C request USCIS to notify a U.S. Consulate that my status has been adjusted to permanent resident. Please notify the U.S. Consulate at...
Option D request USCIS to send my approved immigrant visa to the National Visa Center (NVC).

From I-824's instruction I thought the selection should be C. But I've heard that package 3 is sent out from NVC to locale US Consulate then to the applicant's spouse. Does this mean that the selection should be D? Or a cover letter needs to be included to ask them send out package 3? Please help.
(My green card was approved last year, E3.)

FTJ has nothing to do with NVC. When I-824 is approved the USCIS sends the cable to the consualte with all the information. If the beneficiary didnt recieve anything withing 14 days they have to contact the local consulate with all the documents.
With the receipt notice you can open up a case with the consualte. This should be option C.

Good Luck.

For spouse following-to-join, in form I-824 which one should be requested:
Option C request USCIS to notify a U.S. Consulate that my status has been adjusted to permanent resident. Please notify the U.S. Consulate at...
Option D request USCIS to send my approved immigrant visa to the National Visa Center (NVC).

From I-824's instruction I thought the selection should be C. But I've heard that package 3 is sent out from NVC to locale US Consulate then to the applicant's spouse. Does this mean that the selection should be D? Or a cover letter needs to be included to ask them send out package 3? Please help.
(My green card was approved last year, E3.)

Thank you very much kamrans!
I filed I-824 last year and but after its approval, nothing ever happened, and it's been over 3 months. So I was suspecting that I made some mistake on I-824 request selection (I did selected option C).

I've got another question, on the I-824 approval notice, both the Petitioner and Beneficiary are my name, and my spouse's name was not on that notice. On 824 form, I put my spouse's name and address as the "principal beneficiary". Does this mean that there is an error on the I-824 approval notice?

FTJ has nothing to do with NVC. When I-824 is approved the USCIS sends the cable to the consualte with all the information. If the beneficiary didnt recieve anything withing 14 days they have to contact the local consulate with all the documents.
With the receipt notice you can open up a case with the consualte. This should be option C.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.