Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTJ dead, why??

Hello guys,
looks like FTJ is dead for a while. Did you guys get all problem solved. Did anybody tried the VISA omega route instead of I-824.
Also, does consulate allow to proceed with the receit of I-824 only. Looks like, to get the approval of I-824 and to get the consulate notified will take forever.

Keep us updated guys.

FTJ

People,
Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for Follow to join if I-485 get approved from NSC. I mean if I file I-824 in NSC, how long is it taking to get the consulate notified. After that how long it takes to get the all process done. Please keep us updated.

Looks like this thread is dead.

Reply...

Sahin,

Please read the document from
http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942053PN.pdf

Also, read the clause 9 FAM 42.53 PN1.2 and 9 FAM 42.53 PN1.3. If you have received your I-551 plactic card then there is no point applying for I-824 for your spouse. I also suggest that you take a print out of the above document and show it to your lawyer. They will understand. My lawyer have confirmed that US Consulate in Mumbai does not require an approved I-824. Consulate in Chennai is problematic because of backlogs. Regardless, I don't know where you are applying but if you need more info. let me know.

MK

MK2001

Actually my consulate will be in Bangladesh. US consulate at Dhaka, Bangladesh. I do not know whether they are cooperative like any consulates in INDIA. They never reply any email. Please let me know if you have any idea. I am gonna read those link what you posted. Thank for your info. I do not know what to do? My i-485 is pending now. My lawer says once they get approved, I will apply for I-824 for your spouse follow-to-join case. I know I-824 route is very lengthy and painfull. I will call embassy and ask them what they prefer. Sometimes lawer does not have updated/latest information. Can you give me your email address so that I can email you in future if I need any. email me at
halakah_reminder@hotmail.com

need help

hi!

1. Has anybody gotten approval of I-824 (action on approved petetion) recently from VSC?

2. I am waiting for I-824 (FTJ) for 7 months from VSC. I am really frustrated. That's why I am going back home to see my family. I hope, within this period INS will notified to the consulate. I am planing to take Packet 3 with me. In this regard, what kind of document do I need to take? I mean what might they ask?

any kind of suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks

saroj

sarojaryal

Why you have been waiting so long? I heard that all the consulates in India accept the I-824 receipt notice.
Visit your appropriate consulate site in this link and look for the required documents.........

http://usembassy.state.gov/

A question to you:
Did you include your spouse details when you applied for the I-824?

sanrishi

thanks for your quick reply. I visited that site, which you suggested. they says- "Once you are notified by the consular section or the National Visa Center that a visa number is available for your case, you should begin to prepare for your appointment with a consular officer. "

now i am going back home. because, i don't know how long it's gonna take and i cannot wait any more. in this case, if you have enough time, could you tell me that what kind of documents do i need to take with me?

saroj

sanrishi

thanks for your initiation.

I am going to apply in Katmandu Consulate Office. and I applied together from starting of the process (I-140).

Next week I am living the country and I will try to talk to the consulate office.

let's see what's gonna happen.

could u suggest me, anything about pkt3 or other ducument?

saroj

MARRIAGE BASED SPOUSE'S I-485 INTERVIEW

MARRIAGE BASED SPOUSE'S I-485 INTERVIEW
Is there anybody who has filed I-485 for their spouse. Please read this and send your comments if you could.

- I got married in india on 15-August-2001 And Brought my spouse on H4 Visa to US on 20-August-2001

- I have got my I-485 Approval on 30-August-2001
(From Baltimore Office With Interview Process & Got Card also)

- I filed seperate I-485 for my spouse On 04-September-2001 in Vermont Center . Got receipt on 08-September-2001. Finger Prints were done in Baltimore INS.

- Spose's File Transferred to Baltimore INS and Having Interview on 29-October-2002.

Baltimore INS asks both of us to attend this interview with Affidavit of support and federal tax returns for three years.

I am laid off and not havind job .....Will there be a problem for getting spouse's I-485 Approval ?

Bakshi - Please reply,

Rgds,
NIC-I485

carguy, any updates, news ?

Hi carguy, did you speak or contact the mumbai consulate ? wondering if you followed up on MK2001's advice.

-gonenuts

follow-to-join in Chennai

Can we have some success stories here? Looks like everyone is just waiting...

Please Help

My I824 for my husband was approved on April 23 2002. Since then numerous calls to Chennai Consulate have not yielded anything, just frustration. As per suggestion of a member on this I mailed a copy of GC, approval notice , marriage certificate and address to which the Packet 3 is to mailed, to Chennai Consulate in the month of August 2002. So far no action.

Has any one faced a similar situation? Please give me a few pointers.

I have to my husband in US soon due to medical emergency..

I used to post earlier under GRAMS handle.

Regards
GRAMS

Grams sorry to hear about your case.

While its too early for me to tell you if what I am doing is working or not, I can tell you what happened so far:

I sent an e-mail to chennai asking them what should I do to start processing 'follow-to-join' for my spouse. and this is what they replied

----------------------------
Dear Sir,

(Please send all these documents only after you become a Legal Permanent Resident of U.S)

For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). Please send the following notarized documents to our office.

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
Entire Passport pages
Green Card (Both sides)
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Local address.

We will verify the LPR status with the INS and send packet #3 to
applicant's address. This may take 2 to 3 months time.
----------------------------
This is what happened after that:

(Aug 7th)I sent all the above papers notarized(I assumed that Approval notice is I-485 Approval notice and for Green card I sent the temp I-551 stamp in the passport)

(Aug 14th) I sent an e-mail asking them if they received my papers and if they need any other document to start the process.

(Aug 21st) They replied that they have not received my papers and asked me to send again all the papers

(Aug 22nd) They replied again saying that they got all the papers and they will check my LPR status and then they will send packet 3 to my local address and it will take 1 to 2 months for this to happen.

(Oct 2nd) I sent an e-mail saying that I understand that they are waiting for the INS to confirm my LPR status, meanwhile is it ok to send Packet 3 and other documents that my lawyer has prepared

(Oct 3rd) they replied saying that I can send only DS230 Part 1 and DS 169. I asked my wife to send the very same day.

As I said, only after I receive the interview date, I would confirm that they were working on my case, till then I have no reason to believe that they are not working on my case.

Based on my experience so far I noticed 2 things:

1. They rarely respond to phone calls, but they are good in responding to E-mails.
2. For follow to join cases, you have to make it clear to them (in all communications) that its 'Follow-to-join'. My wife went to chennai consulate to give the papers directly and they were so confused.

I will keep this board posted, If I hear anything from chennai.

good luck

Pls Respond

So you are saying that they are processing your case without the approval of I-824. We dont need to apply for I-824 then right??
Please respond. Did you apply for I-824. I think you did not.

Actually I applied for I-824 and its not yet approved

but chennai never seem to bother about I-824.

Again, its really confusing, thats why I wasted more than a couple of months. When I called chennai the cust service person told me that they will not take cases without I-824 approval, but the same customer service people didnt talk about I-824 in any of their e-mails.

I have to caution you, that even now I am not sure. I can say confidently only after I get the interview date. Remember, I am only assuming that every is right so far and they are processing my case.

To be precise in answering your question, yes, I never told them that I have applied for I-824 eventhough I have already applied and waiting for its approval.

tooOldtoWait

I am to go thorugh the same process. I have to proceed in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am confused what to do, they cannot give any precise answer. Some people dont even know what is follow to join. If I have to go throu the whole I-824 process, it a lengthy process. Pls keep us posted your case. It will help us proceed our case.

getting spouse after 485 is filed

Could someone tell me the exact options available to me.
Have filed my i i485 AOS RD 01/07/2002 ND 01/15/2002 at VSC
currently working on EAD.
H1 has expired.
applied for AP, visiting India in Dec'2002, plan to get married to Indian wife.

Now, how can i bring my wife with me to the US.
I understand i will have to file for my wife's 485 through CP.
How much time does that take ?
I have heard of I824. Can i file that and bring her here.

I have also changed my employer using AC21. After considering everything and speaking to my attorney, i had decided to not inform INS about it as it could delay my approval. Now, in the changed circumstances, viz. applying for my spouse through CP, will that matter come up IN HER PROCEEDINGS ? Hence, is it advisable now to inform INS about my change of employment ?

I would appreciate if you could share your experience, if any.

Thanks.

soclose,

1. Make sure you get married BEFORE your 485 approval.
2. As soon as you get married, get H4 for your spouse. Make sure you get 50 marriage photographs as early as possible after marriage. Also make sure your wife gets her birth certificate as soon as you decide to get married(if she does not have).
3. After marriage, GET HER ALONG to US using H4, at least for few days (if she has to finish up something in India and cannot come for longer time).
4. Immediately apply for her 485, AP & EAD. She can leave after APPLYING for AP and need not wait for the AP APPROVAL. You can then Fedex the AP to India(if she goes back immediately).
5. After that you are safe. If your case gets approved here, she will get GC at port of entry.(she has to use AP in that case) If your case takes longer, she can come back to US on H4.

This is safest even though you spend on air ticket for a short trip. This is worth it. Talk to some lawyer WHO REALLY KNOWS THESE STUFF.

follow-to-join is also good, but there is so much delay and anxiety involved.

About AC21, I don't know. Talk to another good attorney.

Do not presume that CP is the only alternative for your wife, you can add her at any stage if whe comes here before your approval.

Confirm all my points with a GOOD attorney.

Good luck with your marriage and approval!

-Ap

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.