Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure on CSPA but the similar situation I have read and found if you are unmarried then you can be part of your father application even if you are over 21. So get advise from 2-3 lawyers not just one. They often mislead you. Hope this works for you. I have read about CSPA as well but not sure how this law works. So better get advise from a good lawyer.

Good Luck.

hi,

i am a newbie here, this is really helpful been researching so much for our case...

here it is (hope someone here, especially those from the Phils with the same case)

My dad who is already in the US for the past 13 years just got his GC through his mom's (my grandmother) petition.

Our priority date was NOV 1990 and we were affected by the retrogression for the past years. Now that it was processed and my dad just got his immigrant visa he immediately filed for a follow to join for my mom and my siblings. His attorney told that I and my brother who are over 21 yrs old might not be permitted by the consul here in the phils to join him in the US.

But as far as I know we are still considered as a child because of the CSPA? I was born Feb 1983 and my brother was Oct 1985. And my father's visa was just approved last april 2008. Am I right or am I just being misled by what I've read from my researches?

Hope to hear from you soon...

We understand the problems people face in this journey. Thats why we come back to this site to help people and tell them the best route to follow. None of us are lawyers. Lawyers are the best for these kind of questions. We just share our experience and knowledge which is nothing in comparison to lawyers.
You got the answers of your questions from other members in the forum and I agree with it. We dont need money for the job we are doing here. If you feel that we helped you out and we deserve something please give that money to a poor people or a charity organization and ask them to pray for all of us for this life and the life hereafter. We badly need it.

Take care and good luck.

One of my friends got married in jan'08 on the day before he was leaving for usa in a simple ceremony in india in an arranged marriage. Didnt have the time to complete a marriage registration or anything else.

Comes back to usa using H1B with 140/485 pending and is under work stress and confusing thoughts about the marriage. becoz he was gone for a long vacation and finally gets laid off after three months. He finds a new job and files for H1B 1 yr renewal and transfer in May'08. Finally his 485 gets approved in June.

Now, can he apply for follow to join procedure for his spouse after getting 485. Its only been 1 week since 485 got approved. How soon should he file for 824. From some other threads, it looks like u need a detailed evidence like marriage certificate, receipts, invitations cards etc to prove marriage. My friend contacted a lawyer and they were apprehensive about the whole thing. Well the marriage did happen in a simple cermony due to time and other pressures. He and his family is quite nervous and anxious about the whole situation.

Also, it seems like the ftj whole procedure takes now more than 1 year to complete.

My friend is also willing to pay some of the members (kamrans/judex please:) a
fee for their advice. Please message me/email me if anybody can help and is open to it.

Hello,

I am a DV 2009 lottery receipient presently in the united states on an F-1 visa opting for an AOS.

I plan on getting married to my long time girl friend of 6yrs sometime next month.

She's currently abroad and so I have decided to do a FTJ for her.

Does anyone know how the FTJ works for the DV lottery? It was indicated that all dependents of DV winners have to receive their visa by the end of the fiscal year. Is there an expedited process for DV cases?

I was also cocerned about the time of the marriage being after I received my notification letter(which I got in March) - will this jeopardize out application in anyway?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

No you cannot follow FTJ route. You can only file I-130 and she get her turn she will get the visa.
You can try for H1 or a student visa for her.

Good Luck.

Hello,

I am a DV 2009 lottery receipient presently in the united states on an F-1 visa opting for an AOS.

I plan on getting married to my long time girl friend of 6yrs sometime next month.

She's currently abroad and so I have decided to do a FTJ for her.

Does anyone know how the FTJ works for the DV lottery? It was indicated that all dependents of DV winners have to receive their visa by the end of the fiscal year. Is there an expedited process for DV cases?

I was also cocerned about the time of the marriage being after I received my notification letter(which I got in March) - will this jeopardize out application in anyway?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you Kamrans,

I am filing the I-485 in october.

We will be married before then (August),

Doesn't that mean I she won't be in the family category since we got married before I-485 is filed?

What I meant to say was that I will be getting married to my girlfriend in August and then Filing I-485 in October (I haven't got my green card yet) - cannot file I-485 till the beginning of the fiscal year which is October 1st.

I am Adjusting status in the U.S but she is still abroad.

My question again is, can I do a FTJ for her? (since we will be be getting married before I file the I-485)

Thanks.

I appreciate your input.

No F2J is after you get the Greencard.
If you are still in the process of filing for I-485, then wait till you get married, bring her as your dependent and file for I-485 together.

Filing for 485 doesn't mean anything till you get the final approval, which might take a long time depending on you EB category..

For F2J you should have got married before i-485 approval date , not 485 filing date.

What I meant to say was that I will be getting married to my girlfriend in August and then Filing I-485 in October (I haven't got my green card yet) - cannot file I-485 till the beginning of the fiscal year which is October 1st.

I am Adjusting status in the U.S but she is still abroad.

My question again is, can I do a FTJ for her? (since we will be be getting married before I file the I-485)

Thanks.

I appreciate your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the DV category, not the EB category.

I-485 approval is only about 3months from the time your number is current. My number is extremely low (in the 500s) and so I should have my green card in December or so.

I am getting married in august, filing in October; my wife cannot come to the united states before January next year and that is why I have decided to file the I-824 for her after my GC is approved (PLS NOTE WE ARE GETTING MARRIED BEFORE I-485 APPROVAL!!!)

I am adjusting status here. My wife is abroad, does anyone have any experience with F2J for the DV category?

My wife and I applied I-485 in EB2 category (my wife as my dependent). When we went to our home country in last Jan she had to stay back there for going through high risk pregnancy. She is still in our home country. As a result she missed her biometrics appointment and haven't gave her finger prints. Since EB2 priority dates moved significantly for Aug 2008, I am technically qualified to get my 485 approved. If that is the case how can I get my wife & new born child back to USA? Does my wife qualifies for follow-to-join? Is follow-to-join time taking? Are there any other ways?

She is eligible for FTJ. File I-824 for her now and as soon as you get approved you can try to get the visa for her even if the 824 is not approved. Usually it takes around 4-6 months after the 824 approval.

Good Luck.

My wife and I applied I-485 in EB2 category (my wife as my dependent). When we went to our home country in last Jan she had to stay back there for going through high risk pregnancy. She is still in our home country. As a result she missed her biometrics appointment and haven't gave her finger prints. Since EB2 priority dates moved significantly for Aug 2008, I am technically qualified to get my 485 approved. If that is the case how can I get my wife & new born child back to USA? Does my wife qualifies for follow-to-join? Is follow-to-join time taking? Are there any other ways?

FTJ lawyer

hey aadepetun,
please mesg me the names of FTJ lawyers as well if you received any replies
and i can compile and post if anybody wants the info.

Shocking News For Pakistanies Applicants

Friends

I am from Pakistan . Last night I called the USA Embassy Islamabad to find out what is the current procedure for FTJ case. I was connected to a very friendly person. He told me that they no longer accept the I-824 receipt to start a case. He told me I-824 has to be approved not pending..... & according to new rule I-824 once approved will be sent to NVC they will create a case for you and will send you Package 3.5 and then the NVC will send all the documents to USA Embassy Islamabad ... they will not accept any documentation either from sponsor or from sponsor Attorney .... They will only accept FTJ case from NVC. So once they receive the case from NVC then they will start the case.... I think the whole process will take close to 1.50 years since Taxes services center is processing I-824 for the cases received In January 2008. This is really very disappointing and shocking detail

Tanveer

Texas Service Center in still ahead of Nebraska Service Corruptor. The I-824 dates for NSC are not moving since last 3 months. If it still has to go through the NVC, its going to add another six months before an interview is aranged at Islamabad.

This is not just for pakistanies. FTJ now go through NVC since the begining of the year. I-824 has to be approved, then USCIS sends your file to NVC. NVC will then collect all the documents and schedules an interview with consulate. Expect 2-3 month processing at NVC. My FTJ case is now with NVC and have collected my documents but I am still waiting for an interview as there is an interview backlog at my consulate. This process is so unpredictable and 1.5 year long.

This is something new to me. So add up another few months in the processing.
Dont loose hope. You all will get it soon.

Good Luck.

Got following information online and posting for other's benefit.

Source: http://seoul.usembassy.gov/iv_faq.html

""
Q, Can my spouse and/or children join me in the U.S. at a later time?

A, Yes, if a principal applicant has been issued an IV in Seoul.
If a principal applicant has been issued an IV in Seoul, following-to-join family members can request an appointment for a visa interview by internet at http://www.asktheconsul.org/iv_appt.html.
If the principal alien adjusted status in the U.S., please file I-181 or I-824 with USCIS for following-to-join family members.

Since January 1, 2008, USCIS sends these forms to the National Visa Center (NVC) which will process all of the follow-to-join cases through the document review process which involves the collection of IV fees and forms. The NVC will collect the applicant’s IV fees, forms, and civil documents, send the appointment packet, and schedule the immigrant visa interview. When Seoul receives the scheduled file from the NVC, applicants may check the status of their appointment by case number at http://korea.usembassy.gov/appointment_dates2.html.

""

Hello guys:
Have a quick questions.
I filed FTJ in July 2007, and my PD passed. I called the USCIS and they sent me a letter saying that it will take another 6 months of additional investigation.
I have no idea what that additional investigation is, as when I filed for the I-824, I only had to submit wifes birth certificate and marriage certificate.
Anyone here have a similar case or experience with this ?
I am from Pakistan, and the bulletins show everything is current.
NB: I got my GC this year, after filing the I-824 so there should be no issue with that.
What I am really confused about is what the heck this additional investigation is. They only have a marriage certificate document... how can they do additional investigation on it ? I thought that they would ask all questions at the consulate during hte interview (wife is still in Pakistan).
I was planning to write to the Ombudsman to complain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

-FOLLOWUP

I called the TSC to find out what was going on and spoke to am immigration officer.
The immigration office gave me the USCIS Customer Service number to call and a sequence to keys to press to get an expedite request put in.
I called and got connected to apparently a different section of the customer service line that handles Expedite requests. Apparently through this request they give an awnser in 30 days.
I coul not put the request in though because their computer systems were down. Apparently have been down for 2 days and counting !!
I am in a bit of a diliema now though.
I really dont care when my case gets done now... I am fed up and have got a job in Dubai. I will go there so that my wife can join me there till her paperwork gets done. The problem is that the I-131 re-entry permit looks like it will take about 6 months to process... which is ridiculous... apparently I cant even leave the country for a year without a 6 month notice to the USCIS ? How does one plan that ? :confused:
Anyways, in a nutshell, will call back tomorrow and put in the expedite request and see what happens.
Also will log back in in a day or two and post the sequence of numbers to go through to get the expedite request put in.
I also think that the customer service is not USICS... they are a private company that is outsourced to the USCIS. They have very very limited acess to anything. If calling dont even bother with them... once they pick up just tell them that your local field service office asked you to call this number and talk to an immigration officer. They then transfer you to an immigration officer who actually has access to your data and files. ;)
Will keep you guys updated.

Hi Guys,

Any updates on actual I-824 processing times in Nebraska or FTJ process at Islamabad embassy?

Status
Not open for further replies.