Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anything else, I would like to congratulate all of you guys and gals who were already able to obtain their visas.

This is my first post so pls. bear with me. I know that my question is probably answered hundred times already, but here it goes anyway: I have been in the US since Sept 05 through family petiton from my parents (F2B). I have a partner and a child that i had to leave behind.

On January 2007, I got the chance to go back to the Philippines and married my partner, and upon my return to the US, i immediately filed a F2A visa for her and our daughter.

Now the question is, do I still qualify to file FTJ for them? If not, what are my options now as far as their petition is concerned?

Thank you for this wonderful website, and also for looking at my question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck. You are almost there my friend. Your prayers are answered.

I called NVC this Friday and it seems that they have just opened a case for my wife. They told me that USCIS don't notify consulates directly as of the beginning of this year for FTJ cases. USCIS sends your file to NVC and NVC collects the IV fee, DS 230 and DS 2001 to schedule an interview date. There is no communication between applicant and consulate until interview date.
I will let you know more details as soon as I receive IV fee bill and packet 3.5 from NVC. Let me know if anybody on the forum has the same experience as mine.

With employment based categories they usually dont go in depth. I think you should be ok with it. All they need is the proof that you are employed and can support your spouse. How and under what category you got the GC ... they dont care.

Good Luck.

I am in the same situation my i824 for spouse is still pending since sep 2007 . I am stuck in a loop , I824 is still pending and the islamabad embassy doesnt answer me. I do not know what to do .. Also I do not work for the sponsoring employer .Actually i am working a totally different job ,would that create a problem for my wife when she goes to the interview?

See you got it now. I am very happy to hear that one family is united. I badly need your prayers though.

Good Luck.

Kamrans,Judex,Simala2006, and friends;

We finally have our visas. Thank you so much for all your help.

God is great and God bless you all!!!!

Bolog

Unfortunately you cannot be the beneficiary of FTJ as the law states that you should be married before your GC approval and family based petitions cannot use this route. For further clarification you can consult a good lawyer.
BUT this is not the end of the world. You can file I-130 and he/she can be here. If you want you can get student visa or H1 as well.

Good Luck.

Before anything else, I would like to congratulate all of you guys and gals who were already able to obtain their visas.

This is my first post so pls. bear with me. I know that my question is probably answered hundred times already, but here it goes anyway: I have been in the US since Sept 05 through family petiton from my parents (F2B). I have a partner and a child that i had to leave behind.

On January 2007, I got the chance to go back to the Philippines and married my partner, and upon my return to the US, i immediately filed a F2A visa for her and our daughter.

Now the question is, do I still qualify to file FTJ for them? If not, what are my options now as far as their petition is concerned?

Thank you for this wonderful website, and also for looking at my question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately you cannot be the beneficiary of FTJ as the law states that you should be married before your GC approval and family based petitions cannot use this route. For further clarification you can consult a good lawyer.
BUT this is not the end of the world. You can file I-130 and he/she can be here. If you want you can get student visa or H1 as well.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much for the reply but I apologize if i responded late. Sorry if I am so clueless about FTJ, but was I ever qualified to even file FTJ in the first place, even before I got my GC?

Thanks again for any reply to my inquiry.

God Bless Bolog and your Family...

God Bless Bolog and your Family...

Bolog

Canalen

hi kababayan,

you're not qualified right from the start. like kamrans said, its not the end of the world, you can do i130, H1 or Student visa... God Bless.

Judex

Thank you so much for the reply but I apologize if i responded late. Sorry if I am so clueless about FTJ, but was I ever qualified to even file FTJ in the first place, even before I got my GC?

Thanks again for any reply to my inquiry.

Hello Judex kamrans,

Salamat for your replies. I will read more on the other options you guys mentioned.

This is a wondeful thread. I hope to post any notable petition experience i encounter.

God bless all of us!

hi kababayan,

you're not qualified right from the start. like kamrans said, its not the end of the world, you can do i130, H1 or Student visa... God Bless.

Judex

Congratulations Kababayan!

Praise God! You deserve this, you are long overdue to be here, welcome to America! Whatever will be in store for you and family, I would say, it is best to confront it together with your wife, it is not a bed of roses, yet, this is the start of your dreams come true!

Eb3 is unavailable, so meantime, I will visit my family then, and God has given me the approval from the hospital for this! God be praised! I know, He has a reason, so as for me and my family, we continue to trust in His holy workings!

Godbless you all, surely, I am here praying for you there! Brother Kamrans, whatever will be God's answer for your prayers, I do believe, it is the best for you and family! God will always be there for you!

Simala2006

Bolog

Guys, Right now the processing date of I-824 at Nebraska Service Center is April 2007.
They wait for our application papers to turn yellow and the ink to fade, only then they wipe out dust to open the file.

Do they need energy pills? There are a lot available through canadian pharmacy... :)

follow to join without marriage registration

One of my friends got married in jan'08 on the day before he was leaving for usa in a simple ceremony in india in an arranged marriage. Didnt have the time to complete a marriage registration or anything else.

Comes back to usa using H1B with 140/485 pending and is under work stress and confusing thoughts about the marriage. becoz he was gone for a long vacation and finally gets laid off after three months. He finds a new job and files for H1B 1 yr renewal and transfer in May'08. Finally his 485 gets approved in June.

Now, can he apply for follow to join procedure for his spouse after getting 485. Its only been 1 week since 485 got approved. How soon should he file for 824. From some other threads, it looks like u need a detailed evidence like marriage certificate, receipts, invitations cards etc to prove marriage. My friend contacted a lawyer and they were apprehensive about the whole thing. Well the marriage did happen in a simple cermony due to time and other pressures. He and his family is quite nervous and anxious about the whole situation.

Also, it seems like the ftj whole procedure takes now more than 1 year to complete.

My friend is also willing to pay some of the members (kamrans/judex please:) a
fee for their advice. Please message me/email me if anybody can help and is open to it.

Please Do Not Talk About Money Here .kamrans And Judex Are Legends In This Forum

One of my friends got married in jan'08 on the day before he was leaving for usa in a simple ceremony in india in an arranged marriage. Didnt have the time to complete a marriage registration or anything else.

Comes back to usa using H1B with 140/485 pending and is under work stress and confusing thoughts about the marriage. becoz he was gone for a long vacation and finally gets laid off after three months. He finds a new job and files for H1B 1 yr renewal and transfer in May'08. Finally his 485 gets approved in June.

Now, can he apply for follow to join procedure for his spouse after getting 485. Its only been 1 week since 485 got approved. How soon should he file for 824. From some other threads, it looks like u need a detailed evidence like marriage certificate, receipts, invitations cards etc to prove marriage. My friend contacted a lawyer and they were apprehensive about the whole thing. Well the marriage did happen in a simple cermony due to time and other pressures. He and his family is quite nervous and anxious about the whole situation.

Also, it seems like the ftj whole procedure takes now more than 1 year to complete.

My friend is also willing to pay some of the members (kamrans/judex please:) a
fee for their advice. Please message me/email me if anybody can help and is open to it.

Friend,

This forum was built by us to support each other that are in need. Many people in this forum helped us and we are helping others. There is no question of money paying involved in this

Memebers like Kamrans, Judex even though they are out of this boat they are still helping others very scenciarely to maintain the integrity of this site and helping others becoz we understand the pain. Please do not talk about money here ....

Coming to case If his marriage would have been registered he would have been eligible for the follow to join. (Rule is marriage should be registered before the GC approval)

He should look for other options now or need to work with the marriage resigrtaion authories to register the marriage with old date ( I am not sure if this is possible can try)

Good luck to you and friend.Ask your friend not to get paniced and think about the other possible options .We know the pain.We all sailed in this boat for years.....

RM 101

sorry

hey rm101, appologize for talking about money. however my friend spent some money on lawyers and i thought maybe he could get better advice here.

so the question for him is
should he go ahead and file 824 or not? is there any harm in filing it. one harm i can think of is that the spouse can not come on student visa anymore. what happens if marriage evidence (pics from the ceremony, no certificate) is deemed insufficient, has anybody gone thru this experience and wud like to share, pls let me know. i know there r several options
1) to file 824 based on a few pictures of the ceremony and try to get an old marriage certificate (dont even know if its possible) and hope for the best
2) forget about this route and try to get her on student/work visa
3) forget about his wife :) (i m just kidding about the 3rd option, of course )

Your friend has to register his marriage. In India you can register marriage at a later date than the actual marriage date. But you have to show proof to the marriage regitrar in India, regarding the Date of the marriage.

Just make sure that you do that, and with that marriage date if its before your GC approval date, you are eligible to apply for Follow to join for your wife.

And as usual the consulate will ask proof about the marriage, the documents
they need is the Marriage Certificate, Wedding Invitations, Pictures etc.
Wedding registration date doesnt matter, but the wedding Consummation Date is what matters.

unlike what RM said (Rule is marriage should be registered before the GC approval)
there is no need for the registration to be before the marriage date, Cosummation date of the marriage should be before the GC approval date.

Hope this helps..
post back if you have any questions.

hey rm101, appologize for talking about money. however my friend spent some money on lawyers and i thought maybe he could get better advice here.

so the question for him is
should he go ahead and file 824 or not? is there any harm in filing it. one harm i can think of is that the spouse can not come on student visa anymore. what happens if marriage evidence (pics from the ceremony, no certificate) is deemed insufficient, has anybody gone thru this experience and wud like to share, pls let me know. i know there r several options
1) to file 824 based on a few pictures of the ceremony and try to get an old marriage certificate (dont even know if its possible) and hope for the best
2) forget about this route and try to get her on student/work visa
3) forget about his wife :) (i m just kidding about the 3rd option, of course )

Last edited by a moderator:
if rammyrammy is correct regarding late registration(date of the marriage should be before the GC approval date), process the marriage cert. first, then after that do the FTJ process, e.g. 824 and so on...

i got also friends of friends who are willing to pay for the information i can give, but i decline, a Thank You will be enough. :)

hi,

i am a newbie here, this is really helpful been researching so much for our case...

here it is (hope someone here, especially those from the Phils with the same case)

My dad who is already in the US for the past 13 years just got his GC through his mom's (my grandmother) petition.

Our priority date was NOV 1990 and we were affected by the retrogression for the past years. Now that it was processed and my dad just got his immigrant visa he immediately filed for a follow to join for my mom and my siblings. His attorney told that I and my brother who are over 21 yrs old might not be permitted by the consul here in the phils to join him in the US.

But as far as I know we are still considered as a child because of the CSPA? I was born Feb 1983 and my brother was Oct 1985. And my father's visa was just approved last april 2008. Am I right or am I just being misled by what I've read from my researches?

Hope to hear from you soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.