Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immigrant Vs. Non immigrant

Hello Gurus,

What you guys do here is amazing help. I have a question to ask,

I applied for " Following to join " immigrant visa for my wife, Since my priority date is almost a year away. Can i apply for a visitor visa (non-immigrant) for her?

People are asking me, why i am not applying for B1 / H1 / Visitor visa for her while waiting for the "Following to Join".

my question, is it possible to apply any of this visa while you wait for immigrant visa?

Thanks in advance!

Yes u can apply for visitor visa but the chances are minimal that she will get it. I have friends from India who got it so you can try. It wont harm your case.

Good Luck.

Hello Gurus,

What you guys do here is amazing help. I have a question to ask,

I applied for " Following to join " immigrant visa for my wife, Since my priority date is almost a year away. Can i apply for a visitor visa (non-immigrant) for her?

People are asking me, why i am not applying for B1 / H1 / Visitor visa for her while waiting for the "Following to Join".

my question, is it possible to apply any of this visa while you wait for immigrant visa?

Thanks in advance!

June Visa Bulletin is out! Godbless you all!

Hi Bolog! Congrats for your interview! God be praised! June Visa Buletin is out already! It is just the same! We are still not current as of this time! We will continue to pray and storm heavens for the rainbow to come for us...

You are almost there Bolog, that is a very good horizon for you and family, afterall, this walk we have for this dreams of ours will only be fulfilled with our family beside us... hopefully, my dependents will get their chance also, which I know, God will answer in His time and ways!

Let us continue to put our trust in GOD! Godbless!

Simala2006

Simala2006,
Thats what my wife and me plan to do this coming weeks.Kulitin ang US Embassy for our interview. I already sent them an e-mail and called them before the May VB came out. I will also mail and fax them my request for a consular interview.

We were under Sched A but now on E3 since there is no more Sched A. Same as your visa category.

Is Judex still logging in here and checking the thread? I know I can really get lots of help from him. Bilib ako sa enthusiasm niya and his efforts that really paid off.

God bless Simala.

Bolog

Hi Bolog! Congrats for your interview! God be praised! June Visa Buletin is out already! It is just the same! We are still not current as of this time! We will continue to pray and storm heavens for the rainbow to come for us...

You are almost there Bolog, that is a very good horizon for you and family, afterall, this walk we have for this dreams of ours will only be fulfilled with our family beside us... hopefully, my dependents will get their chance also, which I know, God will answer in His time and ways!

Let us continue to put our trust in GOD! Godbless!

Simala2006

Hi Simala2006,
Thank you. I know your PD will be current soon. I believe that it will be this year. God will never fail those who believes in Him. Your family will be there with you soon. God loves His people so much that He will not abandom them nor let them be apart and suffer a very long separation from each other.

Your postings here are one of my sources of inspiration.
God bless too!

Bolog

Hello guys:
Have a quick questions.
I filed FTJ in July 2007, and my PD passed. I called the USCIS and they sent me a letter saying that it will take another 6 months of additional investigation.
I have no idea what that additional investigation is, as when I filed for the I-824, I only had to submit wifes birth certificate and marriage certificate.
Anyone here have a similar case or experience with this ?
I am from Pakistan, and the bulletins show everything is current.
NB: I got my GC this year, after filing the I-824 so there should be no issue with that.
What I am really confused about is what the heck this additional investigation is. They only have a marriage certificate document... how can they do additional investigation on it ? I thought that they would ask all questions at the consulate during hte interview (wife is still in Pakistan).
I was planning to write to the Ombudsman to complain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Hello guys:
Have a quick questions.
I filed FTJ in July 2007, and my PD passed. I called the USCIS and they sent me a letter saying that it will take another 6 months of additional investigation.
I have no idea what that additional investigation is, as when I filed for the I-824, I only had to submit wifes birth certificate and marriage certificate.
Anyone here have a similar case or experience with this ?
I am from Pakistan, and the bulletins show everything is current.
NB: I got my GC this year, after filing the I-824 so there should be no issue with that.
What I am really confused about is what the heck this additional investigation is. They only have a marriage certificate document... how can they do additional investigation on it ? I thought that they would ask all questions at the consulate during hte interview (wife is still in Pakistan).
I was planning to write to the Ombudsman to complain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

AJ,

I am from hyderabad india i am assuming that process is very much same every where.

Your question is not clear.When you file i 824 it is to inform the consulate that you are a perminet resident.Along with 824 application u have to submit ur gc approvals/cards etc and your wife details like her address ,date of birth etc.

Check with your lawer and try to figure out the exact quetsion they are asking.

Here is the process .

1) You apply for 824 here with ur and wife details

2) Immigration will notify the consulate that u are a permanent resident ( Some time u have to request the local consulate to intiate the process for ur wife by refering to 824 approval.

3) Local consulate will send the packet 3 for ur wife.She will fill the form and atatch the req docs and mail to local consulate back.

4) When ur PD is current ur wife will get packet 4 ( Medicals,interview date etc)

5) Your wife will attend the interview and get the GC.

These are the steps.I am not sure where u are in this step(s)

I know this is a complex process but we need to clearly follow and understand the process.See all the previous posts in this forum for lots of info..

Me ,kamrans,judex and many other friends in this formum for almost 2 years and we know the pain of it.

Regards
God bless you and family
RM

Last edited by a moderator:
To kamrans, and other forum experts,
I filed I-824 for spouse ftj and it was approved on March 10. Everytime I email Beirut consulate about the I-824, they say that they haven't received the cable from USCIS. It has been well over 2 month now. I called USCIS on multiple occassions and they claim that the cable was sent on the same day (i.e. March 10). Is this possible? Doesn't NVC get involved? I called NVC, they know nothing about my I-824. Also, how USCIS sends the cables to consulates? Do they use fax, email, or other way of communications? Does the cable include my status or the name and Bio info of my spouse?

Thanks in advance!

Your case is same as mine. I waited and wasted 6 months then in the end I come to know that I have to send them documents to initiate the process. So if you have the approved I-824 then you need to send them all the required documents (photo copies) along with your letter. They will send packet 3.5 to your spouse and after fullfilling all the requirements they will give you the interview date.
For the list of documents check my old posts and dont ask consulate again about the status of the cable.

Good Luck

To kamrans, and other forum experts,
I filed I-824 for spouse ftj and it was approved on March 10. Everytime I email Beirut consulate about the I-824, they say that they haven't received the cable from USCIS. It has been well over 2 month now. I called USCIS on multiple occassions and they claim that the cable was sent on the same day (i.e. March 10). Is this possible? Doesn't NVC get involved? I called NVC, they know nothing about my I-824. Also, how USCIS sends the cables to consulates? Do they use fax, email, or other way of communications? Does the cable include my status or the name and Bio info of my spouse?

Thanks in advance!

Your case is same as mine. I waited and wasted 6 months then in the end I come to know that I have to send them documents to initiate the process. So if you have the approved I-824 then you need to send them all the required documents (photo copies) along with your letter. They will send packet 3.5 to your spouse and after fullfilling all the requirements they will give you the interview date.
For the list of documents check my old posts and dont ask consulate again about the status of the cable.

Good Luck
Kamrans, My case is similar to MKGC2006, where my GC was approved in Jan 2008 and I filed the FTJ (I-824) for my wife in Jan 2008 itself (actually few days before the actual GC approval). With my PD current (EB2-ROW) I am still waiting for an approval.

While looking at the current processing dates of Apr 2007 for I-824 (NSC), it seems that I have to wait for another 8 months before my I-824 could be approved, but MKGC2006 got the approval in only two months.

Is there a way to expedite the process? Why USCIS wait for so long to pick just one application for processing?

Please guide me with any steps to expedite the process.

But I emailed the consulate couple of weeks back about sending them the approved I-824 notice and other paperwork, but insisted on not taking any action until they receive the I-824 cable from USCIS. I don't know why we pay $400 for the damn cable and wait so long on USCIS but they don't deliver the actual cable. This is like fraud.

Anyways, I assembled a notarized copy of the I-824/1-485/I-140 approvals and a copy of the Perm Resident Card and sent it to the consulate along with my wife's info. I hope that the consulate open a case for my wife and issue packet 3.5. Otherwise, I am in an endless loop and don't know what to do anymore.

Good Luck

prq20, I was in the same boat. This USICS system isn't working. I had to initiate an expedite request based on the civil war going in my home country.

Kamrans, My case is similar to MKGC2006, where my GC was approved in Jan 2008 and I filed the FTJ (I-824) for my wife in Jan 2008 itself (actually few days before the actual GC approval). With my PD current (EB2-ROW) I am still waiting for an approval.

While looking at the current processing dates of Apr 2007 for I-824 (NSC), it seems that I have to wait for another 8 months before my I-824 could be approved, but MKGC2006 got the approval in only two months.

Is there a way to expedite the process? Why USCIS wait for so long to pick just one application for processing?

Believe me it will work. In the mean time send a letter to USCIS telling them that the embassy didnt receive the cable and ask them to resend it but I am sure that they will initiate the case as soon as they get all your documents.

But I emailed the consulate couple of weeks back about sending them the approved I-824 notice and other paperwork, but insisted on not taking any action until they receive the I-824 cable from USCIS. I don't know why we pay $400 for the damn cable and wait so long on USCIS but they don't deliver the actual cable. This is like fraud.

Anyways, I assembled a notarized copy of the I-824/1-485/I-140 approvals and a copy of the Perm Resident Card and sent it to the consulate along with my wife's info. I hope that the consulate open a case for my wife and issue packet 3.5. Otherwise, I am in an endless loop and don't know what to do anymore.

You CANNOT do anything against it. If its in process and the processing time is not met then you got to wait till it crosses your date. Please be patient. There is not way to expedite I-824 at this point.

I am talking about the civil war in Beirut, Lebanon if you are following the news. The expedite request was merely to get my wife out of the hell there at the time since she is alone and can't take care of herself by herself in the midst of the civil war.
What civil war you are talking about and how it can affect your case?

This might help. Try it and let us know the results. We all are praying for you.

Good Luck.

I am talking about the civil war in Beirut, Lebanon if you are following the news. The expedite request was merely to get my wife out of the hell there at the time since she is alone and can't take care of herself by herself in the midst of the civil war.

I called NVC this Friday and it seems that they have just opened a case for my wife. They told me that USCIS don't notify consulates directly as of the beginning of this year for FTJ cases. USCIS sends your file to NVC and NVC collects the IV fee, DS 230 and DS 2001 to schedule an interview date. There is no communication between applicant and consulate until interview date.
I will let you know more details as soon as I receive IV fee bill and packet 3.5 from NVC. Let me know if anybody on the forum has the same experience as mine.

This might help. Try it and let us know the results. We all are praying for you.

Good Luck.

same situation

I am in the same situation my i824 for spouse is still pending since sep 2007 . I am stuck in a loop , I824 is still pending and the islamabad embassy doesnt answer me. I do not know what to do .. Also I do not work for the sponsoring employer .Actually i am working a totally different job ,would that create a problem for my wife when she goes to the interview?

Finally! We got our visas!

Kamrans,Judex,Simala2006, and friends;

We finally have our visas. Thank you so much for all your help.

God is great and God bless you all!!!!

Bolog

Status
Not open for further replies.