Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
to Jd85767

The documents list differs from consulate to consulate. So take look at consulate website. You can find list of consulates from http://travel.state.gov

Also when you get the appointment ie packet4 from the consulate that will mention the list of documents and all the things that you have asked for.

Cool-guy

Medical for interview

My wife is going for interview on June 23 at chennai consulate.

Does she needs passport photograph for lister lab and at Doctor\'s place? How many needed

Thanks

I-134

Cool-Guy,
Did they ask for form 9003 and Tax returns, even if one has I-134.
Your replay is appreciated.
Thanks,
mm_a

FTJ process summary

let me summarize the Follow-To-Join process (I am talking about your wife who is eligible for FTJ, see http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm#3 to check if she is eligible):

1. along with ur 485 application or after your 485 is approved, you file 824 for your wife.
2. wait for 824 to be approved by INS. After it is approved, INS sends a memo to the consulate (or NVC? Nationa Visa Center, per http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/). INS establish a case at this step.
3. then either the consulate or NVC sends you or ur wife packet 3 (or whatever it is called now). you fill the form and send back tot he consulate
4. after the consulates review the case, it sends you/ur wife packet 4. you fill it and send back again
5. the consulate send you a notice of your interview date for immigration visa.
6. go to the interview and done!

the time between 824 approval and interview notice is roughly about 3 months.

Is the above senario correct? thanks

that is about right

Hi i824,

That was good summary of the whole process. However based on my personel experience time between 824 approval and interview at the consulate abroad varies drastically.

I would agree the minimum time for this on indian consulates is about 3 months. In my case it took 8 grueling months. But I have also seen cases where it was just 3 months. Finally to summarize, dont count on 3 months but hope for the best.

--Cool-guy

Thank you, Cool-guy. One more question-

Cool-guy, thank you very much for clearing up my misunderstanding of the process!
One more question, should my wife just wait for her Package3 to come to her or she can go to local consulate to ask for it with approved I824 notice? Is it a good idea to call the local consulate frequently to check on the status of the case?
I understand FTJ is a fairly easy step, at least easier than the painful GC process. But it\'s nearly unbearable when my wife starts counting the days over the other end of the phone everyday. Life without the other one is really tough. I hope this could be over soon.

Thanks man, for all of your good messages in this forum.

Enjoy your free lives with your wife.

Newboy

Hi, cool-guy

Hi Cool-guy,
1. At the time of interview do one needs to accompany with spouse ?
2. I-134 is enough or do you need Tax-returns and IRS 9003 also?

Your reply is most appreciated.
Thanks,
mm_a

i824&coolguy, where should package 3 be sent?

Hi, i824 and cool-guy:
I am waiting for I-824 approval for my wife currently. After its approval, I thought the package 3 should be sent to her directly from the local consulate. But I saw in the summary, which BTW is very good, that the package could also be sent to me. Is there a case like that? Is there any way to check where it is sent? My understanding is the sooner Package3 is received, the quicker the whole process can be completed. Is this true or it doesn\'t matter as long as case number is generated?
Also, after I-824 is approved, there should be no other forms besdies package3 and 4 that are needed for INS approval, right? Can I prepare for anything to speed up the whole process while waiting for I-824 approval now?

Thank you for any input.

Newboy

to newboy

Hi newboy,

Dont worry, I know exactly what you are talking about. But trust me the day you will be with your loved one is not too far.

Once your 824 is approved followup with the consulate regularly. Its the wisest thing to do. In my case the consulate missed the cable sent by INS about 824 apporval. It took nearly 5 months for the consulate to send packet 3 after calling them almost every day. My sincere advise is to follow up with the consulate from the day one to avoid futher delays.

In chennai consulate they did not let my spouse inside even for an enquiry. It might depend from one consulate to another. If you have more question dont hesitate to ask, I am more than willing to help you guys out.

Good luck newboy, hope you will be with you spouse soon.

Cool-guy

One question on Spouse Address

Hello All

My attorney has not mentioned my spouse address in I-824. She has mentioned my address and has mentioned "follow-to-join" to chennai consulate. Where do I mention the spouse\'s Address in that form. I am not sure how packet 3 will be generated if spouse address is not mentioned in I-824 and also How the packet will be sent to the spouse. Can anyone help me in this...

Thanks

At last I found the right forum for bringing my wife

I got my 485 approved this june-4th (feels so great after about 4 years) anyway cut the chase, My lawyer is sending me the apps for I-824 and he says 2 things that are different from what everyone is saying here.

1. He says that Chennai counsul will accept I-824 receipt(no need to wait for final approval) and
2. He wants to send filled Packet 3 to chennai counsul along with I-824 receipt.

I have to tell you that he doesnt have much experience dealing with FJT cases, anybody thinks that this will not work?

Its already 6 months since I am waiting to bring her and I guess most of you know how painfull its.

Thanks for any and all help.

to gcard

Hi,

You will have to fill in a suppliment for along with the I824 application. In that suppliment you can mention the consualte and the spouse local address. Talk to you lawyer they will able to provide you with the 824 suppliment form. If not let me know I can post the suppliment form format.

Cool-guy

to tooOldtoWait

Hi,

I am not sure if that will work. Call chennai consulate and find out if they can do that, or send them an email. Usually they respond in couple of days. Anyways it does not hurt to try. If they did not accept your pcaket with 824 approval you can still file packet 3 once your 824 is approved. Good luck man.

Cool-guy

To Cool-guy

Hi Cool-guy

Where can i get the suppliment form. Please help me. I feel my attorney will screw things. She does not know anything about follow to join. Initially she was telling that my wife can walk-in to chennai consulate and get the GC. (I wish it to be so simple). Based on you guys sufferings I feel it is not that easy and not that hard either. Please help me out. Cool-guy you can contact me at chandarv@bigfoot.com. I need to talk to you b4 filing. I plan to file in two days. Please contact me through email. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks a bunch

to gcard

Hi,

I have send you an email to the address mentioned above. Please feel free to contact me.

Cool-guy

Status
Not open for further replies.