Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool-guy or anyone in same situation

My wife is expecting to get interview in May. She already got her police certificate from Passport Office in Bangalore. But when she went to Local Police Station for local Certificate, they said they dont have formet and also have authority to issue certificate.

Do we have to have Local Police certificate too? OR just Certificate from Passport is enough?

Thanks

to raju-prabhu

My wife went thru the same situation and after a lot of effort things came around and we were able to get the PC from the local police station. What would help is the appointment letter from the PKt-4 documents, i understand that there is a section/document where it states need of police certificate from local police station.

the consulate directive on PC\'s are clear if your wife\'s passport is more than 6 months old and she is living in india you would need PC from the local police station also.

Hope it helps

Indian guy

to raja prabu , indian guy cool-guy or anyone who is doing follwo to join

How long it look for chennai consulate to acknowledge that they received cable for VSC since approval? . in my case they are saying they have not received it and i have been waiting for over 2months.

Please help me if you know any alternate ways to start the process in chennai.

Thanks,

keep trying

immsuer2001,

I have been through the same thing. My 824 was apporved in August 2001 and they only acknowldeged the cable in January 2002. That too after I contacted INS and INS sent the cable for the second time. I am not sure why they miss the cable sent by the INS. My guess is talk to INS and ask them to cable again. Also again talk to the state department. Sometimes they might be able to help you out. I know its tough but that is reality my friend. Dont loose hope they will defineltly give your spouse GC its just matter of time and how hard you are going to push the envelope.

Cool-guy

Please advice.. CSC

How long does it take for CSC to approve I-824 after I485 approval.
Any one in this situation???/

to cool-guy

cool-guy,
i called INS and resent the cable second time in march 20. And also i received a letter from vsc saying that \'we(ins) have send two independent cable to Chennai with dates.... contact Chennai for further processing\'. In fact, i faxed the letter with amended i-824 a week back. when i called Chennai consulate 2days back , they gave me the same answer.

1. My questions is if i fullout pocket3 with all relevant documents, will they accept it or backfire anything.

2. when you fill out pocket3 did you fillout i-134 or i-864?

Thank for so much your help cool guy!

to immuser2001

Hi,

There is no harm in doing that but I am not sure if you can file packet 3 without a case number being generated. Send them a fax or email them.

There is no need to file I134 with packet 3. You need them only during the time of interview. DO NOT use 1864 its complicated and used only for family based immigration.

Cool-guy

To COOL-GUY

I am preparing Affidavit of Support for my wife. In the instructions I read

"The deponent must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources"

I am submiting Saving a/c statement, employer letter and statement from Ameritrade(stocks)

Do I have to submit two copies of each of these documents?

Thanks

To Raju Prabu

I think the following docs will do the job

-Bank Statements
-Employement letter
-Stock Certificates
-Life insurance

I think one copy and the original statement will be more than enough. At the same time it does not hurt to spent that extra $0.50 at kinkos for an extra copy.

to cool-guy / raja prabu ---- OF230 or DS-230

My wife received pkt3 that contains Of230PartI and of164. will it be ok to fill out of230part-1? Or,Should i fill out ds-230i , instead of of230.

What happened in your (wife) case ?
How long it took to get appointment from filling?

Thanks for your help

GUYS please help!

I got my I485 approved in Feb 2002. My husband is in India and his I824 was approved yesterday. I do not remember writing his address in india.
What is procedure after approval of I824...
PLease advise ...

Regards
Grams

to Immuser

My wife also received OF230. we sent OF 230. but she is going to take DS230 during interview and hand it over if they asked for it.

The interview date is 45 days from the day they received packed3 complete.

Thanks

Follow to Join Benefits

My mother emigrated to the US when I was 19 yrs old in 1994. I was eligible for following to join benefits but I was a part of the Foreign Service of my country and thought that I couldn\'t be a member of the Foreign Service and a permanent resident of the US concurrently. I am now 26 years old and married and would like to know if I am still eligible for the following to join benefits or does my mother have to file a preference petition for me.

Thanks for your help.

Affidavit of Support

I asked the consular in China three times about Affidavit of Support. They returned to me that if my GC is based on employment and my wife applied follow-to-join based on me, she doesn\'t need to prepare any documents related to Affidvait of Support, e.g. I-864, I-134.

Is that different place\'s consular has different policy?

Dharma Rao and others

How does the Consulate know about the address to which Packet III has to be mailed. I do not remember it mentioning in the I-824..

If a US citizen\'s parents are in US on BI visa, can the US CITIZEN FILE 130 & parents 485 toget

If a US citizen\'s parents are in US on BI visa, can the US CITIZEN FILE 130 & parents 485 together?

To cool-guy

Hi,

Your wife suppose to attend interview on Apr 25th. What happend? Appreciate if you can please post all the details

Thanks

Everything was Fine entered US in 05/04

Raju Prabu,

Everything went well. They did not even ask a single question in the consulate. They want the docs arranged in certain order, you need to follow that strictly and thats the end of the game. The packet was delivered next day. We entered US on 05/04, POE experience was smooth they took the finger print and stamped the passport. Let me know if you have any question I will be more than happy to help you out.

--Cool-guy

Affidavit of Support

Cool-Guy,

Do they need any documents related to Affidavit of Support, e.g. I-134 or I-864? Thanks.

I-134 is a must for employement FTJ

They want I-134 for FTJ employement based cases. I-864 is for family based immigration where one has filed for I-130 with INS.

Cool-guy

Status
Not open for further replies.