Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamrans said:
I am not sure about the accounting field. I know people here do CPA and get good pay otherwise you wont get a good job in accounting. I have never seen someone with accounting background and get H1.

I know a few, it is not that uncommon, contrary to popular belief H1B is not exclusive to IT.

And I'm not sure where you get the "wont get a good job in accounting" from. Ever hear of Sarbanes-Oxley? There is a huge shortage of accountants everywhere now because of it. Accounting is today's version of programming in the late 90s.

kamrans,
Did you get the appointment for Visitor visa?
Thanks.

kamrans said:
I can feel the pain. You can try it as a friend of mine..his wife got the visit visa of 10 years. There is no harm in trying because of the present delays. I am trying as well and lets see how it goes with me.

Good Luck.

eddie_d said:
I know a few, it is not that uncommon, contrary to popular belief H1B is not exclusive to IT.

And I'm not sure where you get the "wont get a good job in accounting" from.
What is said is based on my experience here in USA in my old company where CPA gets good pay and a lady who got bachelor in accounting was getting much less then him.

Ever hear of Sarbanes-Oxley? There is a huge shortage of accountants everywhere now because of it.
Never heard of it as I said this is not my field and have never seen anyone on H1B having accounting background. This doesn't means that it doesn't exist.

Accounting is today's version of programming in the late 90s.

You may be the good source to help that guy who is looking for information in accounting field. Please help him out.
Thanks.

Yes I did and waiting for the interview date. Will post the details here as soon as I get it.

Good Luck.

agpatti said:
kamrans,
Did you get the appointment for Visitor visa?
Thanks.

kamrans said:
Yes I did and waiting for the interview date. Will post the details here as soon as I get it.

Good Luck.

Kamrans, is this visitor visa for a spouse of GC holder?
If yes what is the reason for the visit?

rammyrammy said:
Kamrans, is this visitor visa for a spouse of GC holder?
Yes

If yes what is the reason for the visit?
Simple. Because of present delays its taking too long so she want to see me as I dont have enough vacations.

I think its a good reason and I am trying my luck and we will see. I know people who got it and having the same background as mine.

Good Luck to all and wish me luck too.

kamrans

Goodluck Kamrans...

You are in my prayers...

kamrans said:
Simple. Because of present delays its taking too long so she want to see me as I dont have enough vacations.

I think its a good reason and I am trying my luck and we will see. I know people who got it and having the same background as mine.

kamrans said:

That is a Good enough reason.
SO basically it means that she has to say that on DS 156 right?
Even I thought about this as logical reason to state on visitor Visa.
I will try and for the same.
Thanks
Rammy.

Good Luck

Good Luck Kamrans,
Hope your PD too become current. You are EB3, ROW. Correct?

-Thanks
HBG2001
kamrans said:

Does anyone know how long does it take ?

Hello every body!
I have been reading this post for the last year, and finaly my Wife got her Green Card (this month -July 2006) by her employer, she filled form I-824 last week in US, -Does enyone know how long it is taking to process form I-824 (months) ?
i just want to thank every body for sharing their experiences, - GOD BLESS everybody and hope we could be with our love ones very soon!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I-824

I-824 for my spuose was filed in April last week of 2005 at VSC. It was approved in the middle of August 2005. 3 1/2 months.

-Thanks

JCisLORD said:
Hello every body!
I have been reading this post for the last year, and finaly my Wife got her Green Card (this month -July 2006) by her employer, she filled form I-824 last week in US, -Does enyone know how long it is taking to process form I-824 (months) ?
i just want to thank every body for sharing their experiences, - GOD BLESS everybody and hope we could be with our love ones very soon!!!!!!!

rammyrammy said:
That is a Good enough reason.
SO basically it means that she has to say that on DS 156 right?
No. In that form she stated that she want to visit me for 3 months. She will brief the whole situation during the interview.
Even I thought about this as logical reason to state on visitor Visa.
There is no lie and nothing hidden. They know the situation. Just tell them the truth and see what they say. Also I will post the whole story here once she is done.
I will try and for the same.
Thanks
Rammy.

HBG2001 said:
Good Luck Kamrans,
Hope your PD too become current.
Thanks for wishing me luck. I dont think that the PD will get current in next two years or so specially in scenario when there are 250000 pending cases in BEC and it will start processing by the end of this year.
You are EB3, ROW. Correct?
Yes.

-Thanks
HBG2001

It varies from SC to SC. Check in your SC what dates they are processing and you will know how long will it take.
BTW why dont you try with the receipt notice of I-824. I know people who get the visa. I-824 approval is not mandatory. However there are some consulates who need it but there are others who process the visa with the receipt date. Why dont u give it a shot?.

Good Luck.

JCisLORD said:
Hello every body!

Thanks for the reply

Karmas, you tell me that all depens on the SC to SC ( what does that mean "SC TO SC" and BTW ) sorry to ask you, but could you tell me about it please? ; HBG2001 Thanks a lot for your answer that gives me hope, now I do not feel alone, because people like you and me are in the same boat,
-Is there any way to find out in the web of the USCIS or some other web to trak or folow the I-824 ? Thans a lot BOTH!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!

SC means service center (US has 4 service cetners. You need to check which SC is processing your case. If your receipt starts with LIN-XXXXX then its nebraska, if its EAC-XXXX then its vermont, if its WAC-XXXXX then its texas, I dont remember the other one). Check the following to check the current processing times. It changes after every 15 days.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
Check on the link to obtain the processind dates and then select your service center.
BTW means by the way.
Let me know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

JCisLORD said:
Karmas, you tell me that all depens on the SC to SC ( what does that mean "SC TO SC" and BTW ) sorry to ask you, but could you tell me about it please? ; HBG2001 Thanks a lot for your answer that gives me hope, now I do not feel alone, because people like you and me are in the same boat, Thans a lot BOT!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Thanks again one more time Karmas.
I still do not have the recipt # on my hand, because my Wife just aplyed last week, she went with her lawyer and field up the form I-824, our lawyer told her that there is no way that we can follow the aplication.
but if you say that we can do that, I will tell my Wife to ask the lawyer about it, also i am sure that in the recipt # will apear EACXXXXXX because when i use to check for her Green Card in the internet, i always had to write EAC before her #.
I will not stop to thank you again, and i will pray for you.

There is always a receipt number for every USCIS application and you can always track it. There are number of ways to track. You can check the processing times.. you can check the status online... you can create the portfolio with the USCIS with your case number and if there is any update on your case you will get an email. That date is called the last update date (LUD).
I-824 has the receipt notice as well. Get that receipt notice and apply for FTJ visa. If you get it then its great otherwise keep on checking the status online and create your portfolio with USCIS. You can find this link in the link I sent you earlier.
Let me know if I would be of further help. Thanks for the prayers and yes I need it desperately.
Thanks and Good Luck.

JCisLORD said:
Thanks again one more time Karmas.
I still do not have the recipt # on my hand, because my Wife just aplyed last week, she went with her lawyer and field up the form I-824, our lawyer told her that there is no way that we can follow the aplication.
but if you say that we can do that, I will tell my Wife to ask the lawyer about it, also i am sure that in the recipt # will apear EACXXXXXX because when i use to check for her Green Card in the internet, i always had to write EAC before her #.
I will not stop to thank you again, and i will pray for you.

Waiting for Interview letter

Hey friends,

Filed through USCitizen spouse.

No interview letter yet..Dont know what to do?

I am getting good offer outside CA but dont want to change the Address, otherwise, D.O will change, need to file AR 11, and lots of hassles...

Do you think I need to take infopass and visit DO once?

Hey which processing timeline do I need to see for the I-130? My DO is Santa Ana, CA.

Thanks in advance and best of luck....

----------------------
D.O Santa Ana, CA
4/26/06 = i485, i130, i131, i765 applied
6/16 = i131 approved
6/26 = got EAD on hand
Now Waiting for interview letter from uscis..

Status
Not open for further replies.