Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamrans said:
I am not sure about the accounting field. I know people here do CPA and get good pay otherwise you wont get a good job in accounting. I have never seen someone with accounting background and get H1. Since this is not my field I cannot guide you more. You can check www.accounttemps.com and get some information from them about H1.
This year quota is finished for H1. Next year it will open in April so make sure you have everything ready before April otherwise you wont be able to file H1 and the quote will get finished. It takes normally around 3-4 months to get it approved but you can get the visa only when the fiscal year starts which is October every year.
Let me know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

many thanks kamrans for your answers :) ,
that web is not working ,are there any requirement for H1(can one of my family get me a job in his own company)
I think I'll need your help a lot of times :D

thanks kamrans, let us cross our fingers...

prayers will greatly help us...

takecare...

kamrans said:
I am sorry.. In part 3 your infomration will go. Double check with the lawyer before sending any forms.

Check for the processing times how long it takes in your service center. Some people say that FTJ applicants can get the visa with the 824 receipt notice. You dont have to wait for the approval. Check with your embassy and get the correct information. May be you dont have to wait so long.

Good Luck.

to all of you who helped me

I got my green card on march 2004,(not knew ftj)july 20th 2005 fill up I-824 , nov 23rd 2005 went to embassy (bogota) to show my green card to consulate officer , finally had our appointment on april 18th 2006 we were approved and received green cards for wife and two kids on second week of may. so thanks to everyone of you who helped me in any way.

The web site is www.accountemps.com. Ask them about H1 and see what they say.
Yes your family can get you on H1 if they are eligible to file H1 for you. They need to check with lawyer with your credentials. At least the company should be LLC to file H1. The best way to determine this asking the lawyer.
No problem in helping anyone. If you have anymore questions do not hesitate. I will try to help you as much as I can.

Good Luck.

karemo1122 said:
many thanks kamrans for your answers :) ,
that web is not working ,are there any requirement for H1(can one of my family get me a job in his own company)
I think I'll need your help a lot of times :D

You are welcome and yes at this stage we all need prayers for our cases to get over. For people living here alone without their spouses I can feel the pain. They should be the first ones to get the visa. I hope it will be over soon for everyone.
And yes I verified with my Indian friend and he told me that I-824 approval is not necessary to get the immigrant visa. If you have receipt notice you should be able to get the visa and come here. So as soon as you get the receipt notice go to your local US embassy with all the docuemnts. I am trying to find the USCIS doc on this issue to verify this. I remember I read it a long time ago but dont remember the link.
So I believe you are in good shape.

Good Luck.

judex said:
thanks kamrans, let us cross our fingers...

prayers will greatly help us...

takecare...

Could you please let us know your PD and your category ie EB? and ROW or inida or ?.
Whats your I-824 timeline and your green card timeline separately.

Thanks.

TORO said:
I got my green card on march 2004,(not knew ftj)july 20th 2005 fill up I-824 , nov 23rd 2005 went to embassy (bogota) to show my green card to consulate officer , finally had our appointment on april 18th 2006 we were approved and received green cards for wife and two kids on second week of may. so thanks to everyone of you who helped me in any way.

Judex you should RUSH now.

Judex,
You need to rush now. The most recent VB said that schedule A quota will end in October 1st and if there is no legislation it will end forever. So you need to rush. Here is what they say about schedule A in VB.

A total of 50,000 numbers were provided for use in the Schedule A (EX) visa category which was established last May. Visa demand in this category is approaching that limit, and may require the establishment of a cut-off date as early as October. Once all 50,000 numbers have been made available under the current limitation, processing under this category will end.

So you need to rush and apply with receipt notice of I-824.

Good Luck.

Hi Kamran,
The USCIS called me thrice for FP in the past one and half years.
I filed my AOS family based category.I am on H1B Visa,my mother filed i130 when she was a permanent resident in1997.she became a USC 2004.so i filed for i485 in feb2005.almost 1 and half year. my h1 is still valid.can i use the 1485 recipt for my 7th year h1extension.
thanks

Thanks for the Info!!!

Thank you very much Kamrans for the Info!

Actually, my wife will file the 824 this thurday(US)...

thanks again, may the lord bless us with our dreams...

judex

kamrans said:
Judex,
You need to rush now. The most recent VB said that schedule A quota will end in October 1st and if there is no legislation it will end forever. So you need to rush. Here is what they say about schedule A in VB.

A total of 50,000 numbers were provided for use in the Schedule A (EX) visa category which was established last May. Visa demand in this category is approaching that limit, and may require the establishment of a cut-off date as early as October. Once all 50,000 numbers have been made available under the current limitation, processing under this category will end.

So you need to rush and apply with receipt notice of I-824.

Good Luck.

Kamrans: I-824 Processing Procedures

"I am trying to find the USCIS doc on this issue to verify this."

i think this is the one you are looking for...

http://www.usvisahelp.com/art_i824.html

http://cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=218&intPage=64

http://www.usvisanews.com/articles/memo1364.shtml

the memo is about consular processing, is this also applicable to FTJ? hope yes...

kamrans said:
You are welcome and yes at this stage we all need prayers for our cases to get over. For people living here alone without their spouses I can feel the pain. They should be the first ones to get the visa. I hope it will be over soon for everyone.
And yes I verified with my Indian friend and he told me that I-824 approval is not necessary to get the immigrant visa. If you have receipt notice you should be able to get the visa and come here. So as soon as you get the receipt notice go to your local US embassy with all the docuemnts. I am trying to find the USCIS doc on this issue to verify this. I remember I read it a long time ago but dont remember the link.
So I believe you are in good shape.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filipino Petitioner/Beneficiaries of FTJ

you need to read this...
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3226.html

it says that i824 is not necessarily needed if you are a beneficiary of FTJ...
but to make it sure, an i824 receipt must be presented in my opninion.

just present/mail all the documents they need...
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3217.html
Required Documents for Visa Applications

a cover letter will greatly help your application.

i'm on the process of FTJ.

judex

=========

Following to join family members

The spouse and children of a principal applicant are entitled to derive immigration benefits from their principal’s approved visa petition and may travel to the United States at a later date. Under no circumstance will the derivative spouse or child be allowed to travel to the U.S. ahead of the principal applicant.

Following-to-join applicants may derive immigration benefits only if:

a) the spouse or children were acquired before the principal applicant’s admission into the United States; and

b) the principal applicant gained lawful permanent resident (LPR) status or was issued an immigrant visa under the family-preference (F) or employment-based (E) visa categories or was issued a nonimmigrant K or V visa. Foreign nationals who immigrated to the U.S. under an immediate relative (IR) visa category need to file a separate Form I-130 visa petition on behalf of their spouses and children.

c) the principal applicant has not naturalized. Once the principal applicant becomes a U.S. citizen, a separate visa petition would need to be filed on behalf of the spouse and /or children to qualify for immigration benefits again.

Following-to join derivative beneficiaries must present documentation establishing the principal applicant’s immigration status in the United States and their relationship to their principal. These include:

· A copy of the child’s birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office

· A copy of the marriage certificate issued by the National Statistics Office

· A copy of the principal alien’s registration receipt card or I-551 or a copy of the principal alien’s passport pages indicating admission to the U.S. as an immigrant

· If applicable, Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

To register a family member as a following-to-join derivative, the above documents may be faxed to the Immigrant Visa Section at (632) 338-4129 or mailed to the U.S. Embassy, Immigrant Visa Branch, Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila. The documents must come with a letter of request clearly indicating the name of the applicant(s) and the applicant(s)' contact address and telephone number.

Once the Embassy ascertains the eligibility for following-to-join derivative status, it will provide instructions on how to apply for the visas.

It is important to remember that a child is only eligible for following-to-join benefits, if he or she is a child, stepchild or adopted child in accordance to U.S. immigration law.

bhaiJann

please read my post "Filipino Petitioner/Beneficiary of FTJ"

i think this is also applicable to you...

thanks,

judex

bhaiJaan said:
Judex, You Gave Me The Best News.please Find The Article.asap.
Thanks A Lot

Bhaijaan
I am not sure that based on family based petition you will get the H1 extension or not. You can ask this from a good lawyer. However you can file your labor and based on pending labor you can get your 7th year extension for sure. This is normal and happened to number of people.

Good Luck.

bhaiJaan said:
Hi Kamran,
The USCIS called me thrice for FP in the past one and half years.
I filed my AOS family based category.I am on H1B Visa,my mother filed i130 when she was a permanent resident in1997.she became a USC 2004.so i filed for i485 in feb2005.almost 1 and half year. my h1 is still valid.can i use the 1485 recipt for my 7th year h1extension.
thanks

I believe that you will get yor receipt notice within two weeks. Make other documents ready to file your case in US embassy. Call them and ask them what they need for FTJ because it varies from consulate to consulate.

Good Luck.

judex said:
Thank you very much Kamrans for the Info!

Actually, my wife will file the 824 this thurday(US)...

thanks again, may the lord bless us with our dreams...

judex

I am looking for a PDF file that I read last year somewhere. I am not finding it now. It was clearly written in that file that FTJ applicant can get visa based on the receipt notice. You dont have to wait for the approval.
Anyway this happen to a lot of people in India. They get the visa based on receipt notice. Some consulates need to have the approval notice as well. There is no harm in trying at consulate in your country. I hope that you will get it.

Good Luck.

judex said:
"I am trying to find the USCIS doc on this issue to verify this."

i think this is the one you are looking for...

http://www.usvisahelp.com/art_i824.html

http://cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=218&intPage=64

http://www.usvisanews.com/articles/memo1364.shtml

the memo is about consular processing, is this also applicable to FTJ? hope yes...

Again I say that different consulates work differently. Though its clearly written but you cannot argue with the visa officer or the consulate. Some consulates just need the receipt notice of I-824 and give you visa others like mine needs to have lot of documents and spend lot of time in back and forth communication and you get in retrogression or waste a lot of time.
So I hope that Phillipine is a good consulate and you will get it in no time. But since you are beneficiary of EB3 schedule worker you dont have much time now.

Good Luck.

judex said:
you need to read this...
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3226.html

it says that i824 is not necessarily needed if you are a beneficiary of FTJ...
but to make it sure, an i824 receipt must be presented in my opninion.

just present/mail all the documents they need...
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3217.html
Required Documents for Visa Applications

a cover letter will greatly help your application.

i'm on the process of FTJ.

judex

=========

Following to join family members

The spouse and children of a principal applicant are entitled to derive immigration benefits from their principal’s approved visa petition and may travel to the United States at a later date. Under no circumstance will the derivative spouse or child be allowed to travel to the U.S. ahead of the principal applicant.

Following-to-join applicants may derive immigration benefits only if:

a) the spouse or children were acquired before the principal applicant’s admission into the United States; and

b) the principal applicant gained lawful permanent resident (LPR) status or was issued an immigrant visa under the family-preference (F) or employment-based (E) visa categories or was issued a nonimmigrant K or V visa. Foreign nationals who immigrated to the U.S. under an immediate relative (IR) visa category need to file a separate Form I-130 visa petition on behalf of their spouses and children.

c) the principal applicant has not naturalized. Once the principal applicant becomes a U.S. citizen, a separate visa petition would need to be filed on behalf of the spouse and /or children to qualify for immigration benefits again.

Following-to join derivative beneficiaries must present documentation establishing the principal applicant’s immigration status in the United States and their relationship to their principal. These include:

· A copy of the child’s birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office

· A copy of the marriage certificate issued by the National Statistics Office

· A copy of the principal alien’s registration receipt card or I-551 or a copy of the principal alien’s passport pages indicating admission to the U.S. as an immigrant

· If applicable, Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

To register a family member as a following-to-join derivative, the above documents may be faxed to the Immigrant Visa Section at (632) 338-4129 or mailed to the U.S. Embassy, Immigrant Visa Branch, Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila. The documents must come with a letter of request clearly indicating the name of the applicant(s) and the applicant(s)' contact address and telephone number.

Once the Embassy ascertains the eligibility for following-to-join derivative status, it will provide instructions on how to apply for the visas.

It is important to remember that a child is only eligible for following-to-join benefits, if he or she is a child, stepchild or adopted child in accordance to U.S. immigration law.

FTJ Member benefits

Hi,
Last 2 months, Priority date is hardly moving. My PD is June 2002. Is it any non-immigrant visa there to bring my wife when my wife's FTJ petition is pending? If we try any non-immigrant visa such as student or business visa, will it affect FTJ process in anyway?

Thanks for your help.

I can feel the pain. You can try it as a friend of mine..his wife got the visit visa of 10 years. There is no harm in trying because of the present delays. I am trying as well and lets see how it goes with me.

Good Luck.

agpatti said:
Hi,
Last 2 months, Priority date is hardly moving. My PD is June 2002. Is it any non-immigrant visa there to bring my wife when my wife's FTJ petition is pending? If we try any non-immigrant visa such as student or business visa, will it affect FTJ process in anyway?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.