Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wife is on the Shedule A Category... it's current...

the layer told us that my wife's i-551 and the 797 can be added to the i824...
she will mail it anytime next week...

i've dug my files form my computer and i found the file i've been looking for: it' the answer of the consulate in manila in my question regarding our case.
"j celzo - I got an Immigrant Visa thru an EB3(schedule A)-Nurse, can I get married before I leave the Philippines and Petition my husband in a years time?

Consulate - J celzo – If a valid immigrant visa holder, who has not yet traveled to the US, gets married, the spouse may be eligible for a visa. The spouse would have to appear for an interview and demonstrate a bona fide relationship between him/herself and the principal applicant. The spouse could then accompany the principal applicant or follow thereafter. However, if the principal applicant first travels to the US, then returns to get married, she/he would have to separately petition for the spouse. That petition process may begin as soon as they are a valid green card holder."

i'll inform you what will happen to our case...

thanks for the inputs..

kamrans said:
Well hpoing the best for you. You can either go with I-130 or with I-824. Your lawyer can find the best way for you. Depending on the priority date you will get it but don't forget that the EB3 phillipine category is under retrogression. This means that even if your 824 get approved you wont be able to get the visa until your PD gets current. They are processing the cases having the PD of Oct 2001 or earlier at this time. Thats why I asked you for the PD and recommended you to come here on visit or some other visa and get it adjusted here.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
kamrans

kamarans,

my wifes GC arrived yesterday and the Date she became a Permanent Resident is on June 10, 2006 and our Wedding date was June 7, 2006...

my wife did not go thru i-485, she started with i-140...

what i want to know is, what will we put on Part 3, Type of Petition, the I-140? or the I-551? she have both the i797 of i140 and i551...

your advice is badly needed...

thanks...

to judex

after your wife,s interview did she get a stamp in her passport? after her interview did she it the same day or was her passport mailed to her or did she pick it up?? sorry i have so much questions. hope you could reply. thanks

This is probably not a common case. Will make it short: I came to USA in 2001 as H1B sponsored by company X. Filed my I485 in 2005 and still waiting for my GC. Got a EAD in 2005 and took a job with company Y. After 6 months with Y, I decided to go back to my original employer X (that was 2 months ago). My H1B expires end of october this year. Got married about 6 months ago and want her with me (she's in Mexico). Can I get her an H4 as if nothing happened since I'm back to employer X? What would the quickest and best way to bring her to USA be?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

To Gette

gette said:
after your wife,s interview did she get a stamp in her passport? after her interview did she it the same day or was her passport mailed to her or did she pick it up?? sorry i have so much questions. hope you could reply. thanks

She got her stamp(i-551) when she arrived in Detriot, not during/after her interview. Her passport was mailed to her, but the only thing in her passport is her immigrant visa, no stamp or anything... her 797 for her 551 arrived with her GC...

and the rule for i-140, when you received you immigrant visa, it doesn't mean you are automatically have the LRP status, you need to go to US 1st, then stamping i-551 will be done for you to have the LRP Status. That's the advantage of consular processing, no i-485 processing needed. but the disadvange of it is, you can become a citizen in 10 years not 5.

hope you could advice me what to put in part 3, type of petition, the i-140 or the i-551. but my guess its the i-140.

need help

I'm an unmarried son of permanent resident over 21 form I-130 and it was introduced to nebraska service center in 12 oct 2002.
and after waitting all that time to join my family in US it was transfered to california service center i want to ask about these things:
1-what is going to happend after that ?
2-when it will be able for me to stay with my family in US?
3-what is the use of cut-off dates for my case?

please anyone answer my questions :confused: :confused: :confused:

karemo1122 said:
I'm an unmarried son of permanent resident over 21 form I-130 and it was introduced to nebraska service center in 12 oct 2002.
and after waitting all that time to join my family in US it was transfered to california service center i want to ask about these things:

1.) wait for another 6-8 years before your paper will be entertained...
2.) yes, but don't get married...
3.) cut-off? i just know that the consul are entertaining papers like yours from 08JUL96...

you can't do follow to join...

judex said:
1.) wait for another 10-12 years before your paper will be entertained...
2.) yes, but don't get married...
3.) cut-off? i just know that the consul are entertaining papers like yours from 08JUL96...

you can't do follow to join...

wow 10-12 years too long (i'm now 27 years old) and unmarried is that mean that i'll wait to 40 years old to get married ??????????
is this is reasonable ?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

karemo1122 said:
wow 10-12 years too long (i'm now 27 years old) and unmarried is that mean that i'll wait to 40 years old to get married ??????????
is this is reasonable ?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

sorry more or less 6-8 years..

yap, its a long wait. remember that you're not the only one with the same problem. and everybody is falling in line...

it can be shorten, find a job, H1B visa...

judex said:

yap, its a long wait. remember that you're not the only one with the same problem. and everybody is falling in line...

many thanks for you
there is a lot of question i want to ask you can i chat with you now
karemo1122@yahoo.com
i have a lot of questions ?

judex said:

there is something important :
my case day was 22 oct 2001 not 2002
would that make it shorter :confused: :confused:

Congratulations dude. Seems like you are all set to go. Anyway in my opinion you have to put I-824 info of your wife in part 3.. Since she got the immgrant visa through consular processing so you need to put her I-824 information in your I-824.
Double check this with your attoroney before filing it. May be someone can put some more light on it.

Good Luck.

judex said:
kamarans,

my wifes GC arrived yesterday and the Date she became a Permanent Resident is on June 10, 2006 and our Wedding date was June 7, 2006...

my wife did not go thru i-485, she started with i-140...

what i want to know is, what will we put on Part 3, Type of Petition, the I-140? or the I-551? she have both the i797 of i140 and i551...

your advice is badly needed...

thanks...

since you used your EAD and worked on it... now you are no longer on H1 status. H1 status remains valid until you dont use your advanced parole or the EAD.
Are you still working on H1?. This means that you get the pay from your company who filed the H1 for you rather then the client where you are working right now.
According to USCIS if you want to go back to H1 from your LPR status your all pending applications will be abondoned. Get an advise from good attoroney and in fact 2-3 lawyers because most of the time they have difference in opinion.
Let me know if I would be of further help.
Good Luck.

ralva said:
This is probably not a common case. Will make it short: I came to USA in 2001 as H1B sponsored by company X. Filed my I485 in 2005 and still waiting for my GC. Got a EAD in 2005 and took a job with company Y. After 6 months with Y, I decided to go back to my original employer X (that was 2 months ago). My H1B expires end of october this year. Got married about 6 months ago and want her with me (she's in Mexico). Can I get her an H4 as if nothing happened since I'm back to employer X? What would the quickest and best way to bring her to USA be?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Check below for the answers:

karemo1122 said:
I-130 will be approved in a year or so depending on the processing times of your service center. Check out the timeline. But after that you have to wait for the visa number to become available. Right now in your category they are processing cases that have the PD of 1996. Check out the most recent visa bulletin :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2943.html
Then add another year or so in which the NVC gets your information and send packet to your home country for the immigrant visa. Then you would be able to come here. I would guess it would be at least 5 years from now. Chances are good that you will get the immigrant visa if you parents become the citizen. In that case you will get it in a year or so since they are processing cases of 2000 and I believe by that time your PD will become current.

Answered earlier.

You have to determine how far are you from your PD.
Dont get confused. Either wait for your parents to become citizen and get it for you or get H1 or visit or some other visa and apply for you.
Choice is yours.

Depending on your qualification and experience you can find an employer who can file H1 for you and then you can come here and work as a skilled worker. You need to find a recruiter in your field who can accommodate you somewhere or your family can find someone here in USA.
This program is for people who are skilled and they are not available in the USA market at a given rate.

Good Luck.

karemo1122 said:
thanks for your reply
but how can i get(job) H1 while i'm outside us?

kamrans said:
Depending on your qualification and experience you can find an employer who can file H1 for you and then you can come here and work as a skilled worker. You need to find a recruiter in your field who can accommodate you somewhere or your family can find someone here in USA.
This program is for people who are skilled and they are not available in the USA market at a given rate.

Good Luck.

many thanks for you
i'm an experienced accountant (is this is a skilled job)
-how long will this take?

kamrans said:
Congratulations dude. Seems like you are all set to go. Anyway in my opinion you have to put I-824 info of your wife in part 3.. Since she got the immgrant visa through consular processing so you need to put her I-824 information in your I-824.
Double check this with your attoroney before filing it. May be someone can put some more light on it.

Good Luck.

thanks kamrans, there's a light after a long tunnel :)

what do you mean by "put i-824 info of your wife in part 3"? why, any idea why did you said that? part 3 is for the beneficiary right? i'm the beneficiary...

my wife will send the 824 with a cover letter, stating the intention...

thanks again,

judex

I am not sure about the accounting field. I know people here do CPA and get good pay otherwise you wont get a good job in accounting. I have never seen someone with accounting background and get H1. Since this is not my field I cannot guide you more. You can check www.accounttemps.com and get some information from them about H1.
This year quota is finished for H1. Next year it will open in April so make sure you have everything ready before April otherwise you wont be able to file H1 and the quote will get finished. It takes normally around 3-4 months to get it approved but you can get the visa only when the fiscal year starts which is October every year.
Let me know if I would be of further help.

Good Luck.

karemo1122 said:
many thanks for you
i'm an experienced accountant (is this is a skilled job)
-how long will this take?

I am sorry.. In part 3 your infomration will go. Double check with the lawyer before sending any forms.

Check for the processing times how long it takes in your service center. Some people say that FTJ applicants can get the visa with the 824 receipt notice. You dont have to wait for the approval. Check with your embassy and get the correct information. May be you dont have to wait so long.

Good Luck.

judex said:
thanks kamrans, there's a light after a long tunnel :)

what do you mean by "put i-824 info of your wife in part 3"? why, any idea why did you said that? part 3 is for the beneficiary right? i'm the beneficiary...

my wife will send the 824 with a cover letter, stating the intention...

thanks again,

judex

Status
Not open for further replies.