Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
to judex

ur wife couldnt file 485 here because she got her greencard there in the phils...485 is adjustment of status while you are here in the u.s...what your wife needs to file is I-824 which is follow to join benefits because you are her spouse and you would automatically benefit from here grrencard...and having the same priority date...hope that helps..

to gette/kamrans

even if i wasn't included in the 485 form(as spouse), i can still benefit the FTJ? when she recieved her green card, thats the time she file for I-842 with documents that prove our marriage?

does the 485 needed to be filed if you are in the US territory only or already arrived in US. i'm guessing that her(my wife) employer filed the I-155(green card) thats why the immigration in the airport told her that she will recieve her GC within 6 months. her employer told her that they already filed for the GC, we just dont know if that was the 485?

hope you could clarify things out for me

thank you very much.

judex

gette said:
ur wife couldnt file 485 here because she got her greencard there in the phils...485 is adjustment of status while you are here in the u.s...what your wife needs to file is I-824 which is follow to join benefits because you are her spouse and you would automatically benefit from here grrencard...and having the same priority date...hope that helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely no problem at all. In your situation you are are completely safe so dont worry.
Even if your hubby doesnt have the SSN there is a form that you need to fill out for tax purposes in which you get some tax money back if you are married. I dont remember the form number.
But you are completely safe as they just need the proof that you are paying taxes.

Good Luck.

gette said:
thanks so much!!! really appreciate your replies...anyway we filled married filling joint because he has a social sec no. and the accountant said we can do that...that wont cause a problem right???he was here on an h1b visa before thats why he has a no....and even if he is not here the accountant said i still need to do that...

If you are married before the GC approval and you never visited US then yes she can file 824 for you anytime after the approval.
I dont know exactly how she get the green card and what got stamped. But you should calm down and ask your wife to apply for 824 now.

Good Luck to both of you.

judex said:
even if i wasn't included in the 485 form(as spouse), i can still benefit the FTJ? when she recieved her green card, thats the time she file for I-842 with documents that prove our marriage?

does the 485 needed to be filed if you are in the US territory only or already arrived in US. i'm guessing that her(my wife) employer filed the I-155(green card) thats why the immigration in the airport told her that she will recieve her GC within 6 months. her employer told her that they already filed for the GC, we just dont know if that was the 485?

hope you could clarify things out for me

thank you very much.

judex

Thanks kamrans!

thanks for the advices...

looks like you've noticed that i'm on a panic mode :confused:

i'll talk to my wife about it... thanks again...

judex

Last edited by a moderator:
E3 visas

I am a green card holder and my wife and 2 children(both below 20 yrs) are scheduled for an interview on an E visa. The priority date is indicated as Aug 2000. My question is, if the priority date is in 2000, and my eldest unmarried son who is 26 now (but was 20 y/o in 2000) can avail of this also and be included in my petition?. If not, any other route possible for him other than marrying a US citizen?. We dont want him to be left alone. Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated. :confused:

Work permit

I currently have an H-1B and my boyfriend has his GC already. If we get married, how long would it take to get a work permit or anyother permit to be able to work legally? I know that if you marry a citizen you get it right away, but I'm not sure with a GC holder...

Currently, it takes up to 7 years before you will be able to do Adjustment of status to get your GC through your boyfriend if you married him and filed for an I-130 petition for alien relative. He maybe able to get a citizenship within this time and once he does, you can apply concurrently and get the work permit in a few months. Anyhow, you have to keep your H1 status to stay in the country legally, until you are able to file for AOS.

sgsnathan said:
Currently, it takes up to 7 years before you will be able to do Adjustment of status to get your GC through your boyfriend if you married him and filed for an I-130 petition for alien relative. He maybe able to get a citizenship within this time and once he does, you can apply concurrently and get the work permit in a few months. Anyhow, you have to keep your H1 status to stay in the country legally, until you are able to file for AOS.

Thanks. The thing is that my company is closing in September, therefore I have to find another company that transfer my H-1 by then. So you're saying that if I get marry now, I wont be able to get the work permit for over 7 years right?

yehey

we finally have an interview appointment....i think its too far away but i have to count my blessings....its on sept. 18. hope everything goes well

Congratulations. I always feel happy when someone gets it or near to get it. May be some day my wife will get it.

Good Luck.

gette said:
we finally have an interview appointment....i think its too far away but i have to count my blessings....its on sept. 18. hope everything goes well

kamrans

thanks a lot..the lord is good...im sure your wife will get it also.....i know retro sucks!!!! i wish there was an easier way..ill include you in my prayers..thanks for all the support and time you have shared answering my questions.

485 or only Follow to Join

I got married after applying for 485 but before getting the approval for GC.My wife is currently in india.I'm sure i can file under the follw to join category for her green card,after marriage she came to USA for 3 months through her company on B1 visa,that time i didnt know that i could file for her 485 since she was physically in US,now my question can i now file for her 485 based on the fact that she was in US for 3 months after marriage though she is currently physically present in india or in this situation is Follow to join the only option.And also what is the approximate time frame for getting the immigrant visa in follow to join category in chennai consulate,my PD is current.

Thanks in advance

Your wife has to be physically present in the US in order to file I-485.Your only option is follow-to-join. The consulate (depends on the country) usually schedules an interview within 60 days after you notify them.

Good luck

Dont have I140 receipt notice and approval notice

Hi,
I dont have the I140 receipt notice and approval notice with me,i have all the other docs and also the physical GC.IS it mandatory that we include the I140 dcos also while filing for I824/Follow to join process

Few questions regarding I824

Hi,
Along with the form I824 im submitting the following documents
1.I797 Notice of Action
2.and a letter stating that im applying for follow to Join for my wife at chennai consulate and i will be mentioning her address in India in that letter.is there anything else which needs to be mentioned in this letter.Does anyone have a sample for this letter.
3.Are any other documents required to be submitted while filing the I824.

In I824 form
In Part 1
1.would the address be my US address ,
2.The company or organization name would it be the company who sponsored my GC or would it be N/A.
3.IRS Tax # in part1 :would this be N/A

In Part 3
1.Type of Petition or Applciation: I485
Receipt Number:Receipt number of my I485
Filing date of Petition :Receipt Date of my I485
Appproval Date: Approval date of my I485

2.Give the following information about the petitioner or applicant for the original petition or application.(This would be my details i guess)
Current/Most Recent Immigration Status :LPR

Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate Number : None

3.Give the following information about the principal beneficiary of the original petition or application.(again i assume these will be my details)
Name ,Home Address,Mailing Address.

The address to be mentioned here would be my US address again right

Can someone please verify if this is correct

Hi I am new in this forum. I have a question for Gette or those who had gone thru the FTJ process. Im a FTJ beneficiary, I just received my Packet3 for US Embassy Manila, my question is
1. Is it alright to sign the DS-2001 saying Im ready for the interview even if I don't have all the necessary documents yet on hand? Like police certificates from other country and the I-134 from my spouse.

Hope you can enlighten me on this. I jsut really wanted to have an interview schedule since I know that it will take them 3-4 months to get me a interview date...I may just use this time to gather all the necessary documents.

i dont really understand your question...but after receiving packet 3 you have to send it back to the us embassy completely filled out. you will receive packet 4 after that and that is when you will know when your interview will be. hope this helps. the only way you can have an earlier interview is if you return packet 3 asap or request for an earlier appoinment but you have to have an urgent matter for this to happen like medical reason etc, it is all in the us embassy in manila website... hope this helps.

additional

send that ds2001 and that means you are ready to be interviewed...even if you dont have the documents yet thats ok becoz you need that at the interview not when youn send packet 3 back to them. hope you get it all ready when you have the packet 4 already because all documents needed should be available during the interview itself..hope this helps

gette said:
send that ds2001 and that means you are ready to be interviewed...even if you dont have the documents yet thats ok becoz you need that at the interview not when youn send packet 3 back to them. hope you get it all ready when you have the packet 4 already because all documents needed should be available during the interview itself..hope this helps

thanks for that info. thats what I need, I just thought that I should have the documents ready on hand before I can send the DS-2001. How many months are in between the date you sent the packet3 and your interview date?

Status
Not open for further replies.